New flag and pole

Some time last year I ran across a good deal on a 5'X8' American flag. At the time I did not have a way to display it properly. We did this for Memorial Day, looked good but I did not like leaving it fly all day and not be there if a storm came up.

tree 3.jpg

This past week I was at a job site and me being me I just had to look in the construction dumpster. Found 4 pieces of chain link fence top rail.

truck flag pole.jpg

Well now I have a 22 foot flag pole to display my flag.

flag pole 3.jpg

Edited by RED333
Because I can
  • Like 6
  • Love 3

We live on a 1200' drive with heavy woods between the house and the road which dead ends just beyond our house so I don't fly a flag at the house. Had a similar problem at the previous house and put a flag pole on the mailbox pole but at least that wasn't a dead end road and I did it mostly to honor the retired Marine across the road.

So this is where I fly the flag now.

FlagsFlying-sm.jpg

Edited by Jeb48
  • Like 2

Great idea Jeb, we to have a long drive up a hill through the woods. No one can see our flag till about half way up the drive. I do not trust my fellow man to leave my flag alone if I put the pole at the road.

• 2 weeks later...

I do on the front of my house for the month of June and July. Only place where I can leave it lit up after dark. Wish I had a good well lit flag pole because I don't want to be forced to take it down after dark. 

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Holy Molly, it's looking really great. There are lots of stuff you can do with your flag, but putting it on a pole and showing your pride and respect to your country is amazing. I am also practicing this, but recently I have discovered that there are such things as light poles. You can read more about it here flag light. Those poles are so good! Even though I don’t have that many neighbors, I use it every single day. And it’s not even expensive, by the way, because it has mini solar panels around its foundation. I really recommend you looking for one.

Edited by ClaireChapman