More Potential Attacks for Nashville On Thursday.. Preparation

https://www.wkrn.com/news/local-news/downtown-nashville-businesses-prepare-for-another-protest/

I am out in the suburbs near Lebanon and feel safer out here. Most of my neighbors are in law enforcement and former military.  I'm not thinking they will try to burn and loot my complex.  However, I Fear for business owners and even people in residential neighborhoods.  From what I am hearing in other news articles, Antifa is trying to move these so-called protests (riots) to the suburbs and want to target even suburban neighborhoods.  If the police are overwhelmed, military is not prepared for the area, I wondering what people are doing to protect themselves for potential civil unrest.

There was quite a bit of destruction last time and I don't know how effective law enforcement or the Guard will be here..  Are there any business owners here who have plans to protect and defend their businesses from looting, vandalism and arson and what measures will you take and what legal risks could there be with Tennessee state law in taking such measures?    I am assuming Castle Doctrine/Stand Your Ground Law applies to business owners in Tennessee.. 

I am sure last time nobody saw this coming, but this time I think people will be much more aware of how potentially dangerous of a situation we may be facing and how at risk already struggling businesses are in Nashville and surrounding areas.  I wouldn't think Franklin, Murfreesboro, Hendersonville, etc are in the clear either here.

As we speak, cities like New York, Los Angeles, St. Louis and other cities are still having serious problems with looting and destruction of businesses.  New York City seems to be in the worst situation of anywhere in the country.  NYC always seems to have the worst problems in any crisis.. 

Edited by 4Freedom
  • Admin Team

I'm locking this thread because we've already talked about this.

Your permit coupled with your exuberance doesn't give you ground to go defend anything.  And, I'd argue if you go there - you're putting even personal defense in jeopardy because you went and sought it out.

But besides that - "Antifa" the conservative media's favorite new boogeyman now that Hillary has gone away isn't coming to Murfreesboro or Brentwood or Lebanon or Smyrna or anywhere else.  

You know why? Because this "Antifa is coming to the suburbs" is an organized disinformation campaign being perpetrated by some known actors on social media. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Dislike 1