Question about Hummingbird Sugar water??

Well, I'm not sure what's going on but for last couple days I have only had 3 birds at most and was having 15-20 fighting over feeders. I don't think it's been cold enough to cause them to begin the migration or all of them would be gone! Does everyone else still have your birds??

2 hours ago, bersaguy said:

Well, I'm not sure what's going on but for last couple days I have only had 3 birds at most and was having 15-20 fighting over feeders. I don't think it's been cold enough to cause them to begin the migration or all of them would be gone! Does everyone else still have your birds??

It's time for migration to start.聽

• Thanks 1

Well the other day when I put out the fresh food they all came and ate and the next morning all of them were out there fighting and eating and after that first cool night they were still here and feeding but began disappearing after the聽3rd cool night. Have not seen any today.

1 minute ago, peejman said:

It's time for migration to start.聽

You may be correct but I normally have birds till mid October but as you have said the migration may have started early because Mother Nature determines that and maybe there is something she knows that we don't so she has them leaving early. Maybe because they are calling for quite a few major storms all across the gulf聽to begin forming and there will be a shortage of food for them if they wait. Just a聽thought!!!

11 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

My sister said she made up hummingbird sugar water in a distilled water jug and left it sitting on the kitchen counter. Her roommate thought it was distilled water and poured it in the steam iron.

They think they got it all cleaned out.聽EqcmKa2.gif

I make it by the gallon also but my jug is marked Hummingbird.....馃榾