New watch

I bought a new orient komasu, or mako iii depending on where you buy it. Orient is owned by seiko, and the komasu is taking the place of the SKX. The sop in New York that I bought it from wanted a picture for their Facebook so I sent them this lol!!

DB0E9246-0EE5-45BA-A630-A388A3FC5406.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

Nice Orient. I’m watch guy myself. Took up watchmaking as a hobby a few years ago and now spend most of my spare time collecting, repairing, and selling vintage watches, primarily Longines, Omega, Seiko, and Rolex.  A hobby that typically pays for itself plus some. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2020 at 7:34 PM, i1afli said:

Nice Orient. I’m watch guy myself. Took up watchmaking as a hobby a few years ago and now spend most of my spare time collecting, repairing, and selling vintage watches, primarily Longines, Omega, Seiko, and Rolex.  A hobby that typically pays for itself plus some. 

I’m actually in the process of doing the same thing! I’m having my website built right now, I’m hoping to launch by the 1st part of September. I’ll just be buying and selling, but if I need one repaired I know who to call now 😆 

• Like 1
On 6/23/2020 at 10:03 PM, notananti said:

I got a Mako USA several years ago. I recently replaced the bezel with an SKX bezel and a Pepsi ceramic insert. The original bezel was beat up. Looks brand new again.

Screenshot_20200623-220123_Gallery.jpg

That looks awesome!! My only complaint with the orient is I wish the crown was bigger, or the knurling was alittle more aggressive 

On 6/15/2020 at 5:10 PM, Capbyrd said:

There is massive overlap between gun and watch guys. 

I’m betting there is a disproportionate amount of liberal/progressive/political in NY but generally speaking, you’re correct. They appreciate quality engineering no matter what form it takes.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

I just got a new knock-around watch.

From the internet, I think it is the HiPoint of the dive watch world, the Invicta Pro Diver.

Best I can tell, it's hated by watch snobs, grudgingly accepted by watch guys and loved by the fanboys.

The original pro diver is as close a copy of to the original Rolex Submariner you can get for $60 - $70.

Homage watch is the term used.

I was actually looking for a field watch style and Invicta popped into my search.

The model I got, 35422, has the field watch look with the simple, clean Rolex-like dive styling, without the maintenance costs of a high end watch.

I have a high end automatic Swiss watch, with daily wear, it requires maintenance every 3 ish years or so. It costs, you gotta pay to play. 

Being a left handed shooter, I wasn't interested in buying another high end watch and subjecting it to recoil.

Didn't see a G-Shock that really caught my attention...

For $60 plus shipping, the quality is pretty amazing.

Stainless steel case with substantial weight, finish of high polish and brushed surfaces is good.

Flame Fusion synthetic sapphire crystal, nice marketing.

This model does NOT have Invicta etched into the case opposite the crown.

The additional etching Master of the Sea and Pro Diver at the top and bottom of the face seems optimistic.

Screw down crown, a little gritty, who cares 

Fave and bezel are well done, lume fades but visible up to 6 hours.

I like the counter balance  Invicta logo on the second hand

What sold me on this watch was the exhibition back and seeing the works.

It uses a Seiko NH35A automatic movement.

IMG_20220604_091056687.jpg

IMG_20220604_091112946_HDR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 6/15/2020 at 8:58 PM, Quavodus said:

Thats pretty cool. Watches have got like televisions, nobody much works on them anymore. 

Hang around with any of the 30-and-under crowd, and you can add "nobody much wears them anymore" ...

I also had to have an automatic watch for reasons unknown to myself-I just always wanted one-

I also ended up buying an Invicta Pro Diver Automatic that's been very time worthy-

At first it was running about 2 minutes a week slow-now it's been accurate for quite awhile-

At less than $100.00 a person can wear it as a daily-

IMG_20220604_111137472.jpg

• Like 1
4 hours ago, A.J. Holst said:

The original pro diver is as close a copy of to the original Rolex Submariner you can get for $60 - $70.

Good looking watch. A new NH35 movement alone costs about $50.  I use them to replace the 7S26 movement when a 7S26 needs service…cheaper to upgrade to an NH35 than service a 7S26.  Wear and enjoy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Being an aviation fan, I pined for a Speedmaster in my younger days. Not feasible at the time, It started me down the road of a handful of Seiko’s over the years. You never forget your first, bought it at the BX in 1985. Keeps perfect time 37 years on. 

69724AE9-C945-4014-A7A2-596D9C327CC5.thumb.jpeg.3bc8ba8042cfa67542f58992746e5192.jpeg

Hopefully it being quartz doesn’t distract, in it’s day it was a groundbreaker. 😉 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I own a few automatic watches, around 15 Swiss made Invicta back when they were  made in Switzerland. Most have the 7750 Movement. I just bought this one last month it's a Swiss made aouto Piolts watch, I'm looking to add an Omega Moon Watch to my collection ssoon. Here's the new one I just got, I'll get the Invicta's together and post some pics of them later on.20220210_160354.thumb.jpg.c96b8439a14e315a025c00a09f91f3a3.jpg20220210_160456.thumb.jpg.48c37cce4c12fc276fcdfe8f12b6fa3e.jpg20220210_160607.thumb.jpg.a51f071992d1c2113fc545fd2f36af76.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 6/4/2022 at 11:46 AM, No_0ne said:

Hang around with any of the 30-and-under crowd, and you can add "nobody much wears them anymore" ...

Oh they wear them but it’s the smart watches 😂

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2022 at 8:12 AM, A.J. Holst said:

I just got a new knock-around watch.

From the internet, I think it is the HiPoint of the dive watch world, the Invicta Pro Diver.

Best I can tell, it's hated by watch snobs, grudgingly accepted by watch guys and loved by the fanboys.

Homage watch is the term used.

I was actually looking for a field watch style and Invicta popped into my search.

The model I got, 35422, has the field watch look with the simple, clean Rolex-like dive styling, without the maintenance costs of a high end watch.

I have a high end automatic Swiss watch, with daily wear, it requires maintenance every 3 ish years or so. It costs, you gotta pay to play. 

Being a left handed shooter, I wasn't interested in buying another high end watch and subjecting it to recoil.

Didn't see a G-Shock that really caught my attention...

Stainless steel case with substantial weight, finish of high polish and brushed surfaces is good.

Flame Fusion synthetic sapphire crystal, nice marketing.

This model does NOT have Invicta etched into the case opposite the crown.

The additional etching Master of the Sea and Pro Diver at the top and bottom of the face seems optimistic.

Screw down crown, a little gritty, who cares 

Fave and bezel are well done, lume fades but visible up to 6 hours.

I like the counter balance  Invicta logo on the second hand

What sold me on this watch was the exhibition back and seeing the works.

IMG_20220604_091112946_HDR.jpg

That NH35A will keep great time, and serve you well!! Great looking watch!!

• Thanks 1