gun safe

54 minutes ago, chances R said:

If it works for you, I like the two safes concept.  Easier for future moves.  Also separate locations give better results in case of fire as well as theft.  Takes more time to break into 2 different safes.

"Easier for future moves"  LOL! Riiigght! Been there, done that. Can't agree.

Now to the idea of having 2/multiple safes...YES. Definitely. It will be necessary for all the reasons put forward in this thread. Just wait and see.

You won't regret having 2. Until you need more room.

3 hours ago, bubbadavis said:

Then you get safe #3...

I did. lol

I did. lol

I did. lol

I did. lol

As my attempt to get into rifles came along, I needed another safe. Wife went with me to The Safe House. BAD move. She picked the Browning ProSteel I have now. I actually wanted to go cheaper. Then that line...How much did your guns cost? What would you lose?

You can buy the safe for what 8/9 of your guns cost. Smart woman. This was actually safe #3.

But, in my defense...it was smaller than my second cheapo safe. lol

When we move to here and now, I went to Dick's( yes, I'm hanging my head in shame now.) and bought the biggest in the store at that time, a 42 gun it said. In reality...nope. This was safe #2, the one I gutted.

The #1 safe was Liberty I bought from Buford Tune. I should have had him autograph it for me.

I purchased my Cannon Fat Boy (42 gun) safe, years ago, at Tractor Supply in Murfreesboro. They had a Black Friday year end sale, and I paid 499.00 for it. I think they still have the same sale every year, so they can clean out the last years models and start coming new year with new models.

You might think of that, however they do not deliver and I also had to get up at 4:00 to be first in line because they only had 4 safes left when I purchased the one I have. Those 4 safes were gone in 5 minutes.