Sig MPX pistol

I just picked her up today. Not the best picture, but I’m excited to have this little beauty. For now I’m mounting a Holosun HE515GM-Green dot on it. If I’m not crazy about the dot, I’ll probably move on to an Aimpoint or RMR on a mount. I’m going to keep this simple.

89BD9270-96FC-455F-B1D7-B27E9022E912.thumb.jpeg.cd389e9c950fe37fd00a806de20d236a.jpeg

• Like 16
On 6/19/2020 at 9:48 PM, Links2k said:

Yeah, that’s where I purchased it from. Seems solidly built. Time will tell. Thank you!

If that Holosun is like the Sig Romeo5 (made by Holosun), you will like the shake awake feature. I have one on my truck/HD rifle. The dot is always lit when I pick it up.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
3 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

If that Holosun is like the Sig Romeo5 (made by Holosun), you will like the shake awake feature. I have one on my truck/HD rifle. The dot is always lit when I pick it up.

Because if it’s in a vehicle it’s always on. Riding down the road is enough shake for it to be awake. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Chucktshoes said:

Because if it’s in a vehicle it’s always on. Riding down the road is enough shake for it to be awake. 

True. I turn mine off in the truck. My gun is always in a takedown case anyway. That gun does home duty too. Sometimes you just can't beat an Aimpoint.

• Like 1

I also have a Halosun on my MPX. Can't remember which model but as soon as you pick up the gun it comes on which is neat. Definitely wouldn't want this feature if it's in a vehicle though. 

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I also have a Halosun on my MPX. Can't remember which model but as soon as you pick up the gun it comes on which is neat. Definitely wouldn't want this feature if it's in a vehicle though. 

Yeah. If you are carrying it in a vehicle, and the sight has to be always ready, get an Aimpoint. Just leave it on and change batteries when you do your smoke detectors. The Holosun is awesome for home defense.

5 hours ago, mikegideon said:

The shake awake and green reticle are what sold me on the optic.  I think this a nice little setup.

10 hours ago, mikegideon said:

Are you gonna throw a set of MBUS sights on it too?

I’m not planning to at the moment, but if I do I’m considering the Troy micro or Magpul Pro

I’ll probably be getting over to Arms-Fair this week to start the long process of purchasing a couple of silencers. 

Edited by Links2k
  • Like 2
  • Admin Team
1 hour ago, Links2k said:

I’m not planning to at the moment, but if I do I’m considering the Troy micro or Magpul Pro

I’ll probably be getting over to Arms-Fair this week to start the long process of purchasing a couple of silencers. 

It’s so worth it with the MPX.  

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Links2k said:

The pro sights are GREAT. I only have one set of them. If I was the spendthrift I used to be, I would replace all of my plastic sights with those.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Good score!  They are a hoot to shoot.

The triggers on my MPXs are pretty bad, worse than most AR milspec triggers.   Fortunately it looks like Timney finally released a more reasonably priced trigger than the Geissele.    $200 is still rather pricey but it beats $350.

As for optics, I think I have an Eotech 512 on the carbine and a Vortex Sparc with a riser on the pistol.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ken_mays said:

Good score!  They are a hoot to shoot.

The triggers on my MPXs are pretty bad, worse than most AR milspec triggers.   Fortunately it looks like Timney finally released a more reasonably priced trigger than the Geissele.    $200 is still rather pricey but it beats $350.

As for optics, I think I have an Eotech 512 on the carbine and a Vortex Sparc with a riser on the pistol.

I have a Gen2 carbine that I placed a Timney trigger on about a year or so ago. The MPX-K came with a Timney trigger on it.  

I have a Vortex Spitfire prism scope on the carbine and the Holosun on the pistol.  I have a thing for green reticles and lasers.