Anybody know anything about Swiss 22lr Conversions?

I bought 2 Swiss rifles off the Gunboards forums and I was wondering if anybody knew anything about them.
https://imgur.com/gallery/dOBw5ex

They are very well made, and the triggers are very nice.
I haven't gotten to try them on the range yet, due to rain, but I have high hopes in the accuracy department.

I didn't know if these were actually used as trainers for their military, or if they were more of novelties/ civilian marksmanship programs over there.  
I can't find much information on Google, as to when they would have been made, or how many were converted.

All of the serial numbers are matching.  There are no troop tags under the buttplates. And I can't find any import markings on them.

The Sahli sight adjuster is incremented from 0-5.  I'm not sure if that's in 10 meter increments or what.

Here are what hi listed them as.  
 G89 action to K31 by Ernst Frey, RF FP w/ new barrel & #18 Sahli sight adjuster
 G96 action to K31, RF FP and new barrel 

• Like 2

I don’t know anything about Swiss K31 trainers but if they are the real deal, then I’m sure they are exquisite and will shoot what way.  

Please entertain and educate us with a range report!

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, Garufa said:

I don’t know anything about Swiss K31 trainers but if they are the real deal, then I’m sure they are exquisite and will shoot what way.  

Please entertain and educate us with a range report!

What he said!!! ☝

Edited by Moped

http://www.highwoodclassicarms.co.uk/Firerms For Sale/0200.htm

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/theswissriflesdotcommessageboard/intereting-22lr-k-31-trainer-on-gunbroker-t6615.html

https://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?147022-K31-22lr

Plus in the FAQ section of swissrifles.com there's a mention of a couple of companies that did caliber conversions to older Swiss rifles.  From what I can find in a cursory search, all of these rifles were made for either sporting use or for target competitions, the Swiss apparently never used a .22 trainer.  Despite that, these rifles are commonly called "trainers" in various places around the net ...

23 hours ago, MrBrian said:

I wish I had a quarter of the skills these Swiss gunsmiths had.

Swiss rifles were certainly well-made, and generally the individuals who were issued these guns maintained them well.  However one factor to remember, none of them were ever used in combat, thus the percentage of "nice" rifles is correspondingly higher among Swiss rifles than those of other nations from the same era who were busily involved using their issued rifles to attempt to wipe out their neighbors ...

• Like 1