Background Checks for Ammo

The BRITs came to Concord to take arms from the patriots. Arms included the Canon the powder and the lead shot. The BRITs  knew that without powder or lead shot a personal firearm became a club. The reason for the Canon is obvious. They also went to the ports to get the ships that had Canon on them.

• Thanks 1

The left is offering no-quarter. If that isn't clear now then it never will be clear. The days of compromise are over, especially when it comes to weapons, weapon accessories, and supplies. Give the "left" an inch and they will gladly take ten miles and shame you for being upset about it. 

Edited by crake
  • Like 5

NY had to back off background checks on ammo maybe 10 years ago when NICS told them they would not be using their system. If they wanted background checks on ammo set up their own. They have been "working on it" ever since. They did outlaw mail order ammo at that time.

Communist Illinois has had a firearms owners id card for many years. Subjects who reside in the state must have this card to buy or posess ammunition as well as firearms. No card, no guns or ammo, of course this doesn't seem to apply to the thugs in the Chicago ghetto.

Edited by AuEagle
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2020 at 7:51 AM, AuEagle said:

Communist Illinois has had a firearms owners id card for many years. Subjects who reside in the state must have this card to buy or posess ammunition as well as firearms. No card, no guns or ammo, of course this doesn't seem to apply to the thugs in the Chicago ghetto.

The leadership of IL doesn't want the thugs to need to be worried that their victims could defend themselves.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, tnhawk said:

The leadership of IL doesn't want the thugs to need to be worried that their victims could defend themselves.

"If any moderators think this should be removed please do so"

I have a friend that lives up there, well actually I have a few friends that live up there and yes a couple of them are black friends I grew up knowing and they have told me that they moved out into the suburbs to keep their children from being killed and not by police, but just because they refused to join a Street gang.  They said there are weekends that there is as many as 100 kids and young adults are killed by gangs and the police don't even investigate them. The Mayor has said they can't afford to spend the money to investigate the murders and have been told not to even patrol the gang districts.

I only have 2 questions and that is, Does the life of George Floyd have any more importance to his family than the families of any of the young black children being killed in Chicago? Why has the BLM Movement not been in Chicago to spread their message????? Do you think it might be because they are not paid enough money to go into the "Devils Den????"

• Like 1

Seen this posted on another site, so some of the points have not been checked out by me, but I do not feel it is wrong.

Soak this in. $20 Million!!!! Happy weekend.

In the most powerful country on the planet, it's people say goodbye to one of its best sons.

Even presidents are not buried like this. Three televised funerals. No social distancing. A golden coffin, hundreds of thousands of mourners and sobbing, thousands of kneeling apologize to the black population of some states.

The Mayor of Minneapolis clutching the coffin with the body of the most worthy of the worthy citizens of America.
His sobs are interrupted by cries of "SOO.......OOOORY" again continue on the rise.

Choking on saliva, the ex-wife of the murdered weeps, though, the last time she saw him was 6 years ago. That's when he left her with her three-month-old daughter. He hadn't sent alimony to his daughter over the years. However, the unhappy widow has been crying for a week that sh was left without a breadwinner.

Therefore compassionate Americans collected oodles of money for her. She's received around $20,000,000 from the world and money continues to flow in.

The University of Massachusetts has established a George Floyd scholarship.

The great Floyd's rap sheet listed robberies, for drug trafficking, for armed robberies (last time, holding a pregnant woman by the throat and putting a gun barrel to her belly while demanding money) . Then he worked a deal with the investigators. Floyd handed over all his accomplices so they reduced his sentence by several years.

Floyd's autopsy revealed drugs in his blood. This is the national hero of America of the 21st century.

But there were followers. The Floyd love affair lives and grows.

Mass robberies and violence, as a sign of respect and grief for George, swept the US and now grow into a world wide event.
The most beautiful areas of our cities, including New York and Los Angeles plus many others have now been destroyed. Probably never to return to their former elegance.

89 policemen were killed.

A 17-year-old girl was terribly raped, hundreds of police cars were burned, and not just cars, streets, squares, parks were burned as well.

US presidential candidate Joe Biden also fell to his knees.
This didn't bother hundreds of thousands of admirers of St. Floyd?. On their knees!

If any of you have a legitimate answer to this I truly would like to know.

I watched the Democratic leaders of Congress kneel in the halls of Congress for about 9 minutes for the death of a black man named George Floyd.

I have never seen them kneel for a fallen POLICE OFFICER. I have never seen them kneel for a fallen SOLDIER.
I have never seen them kneel for the thousands of ABORTED babies.
I have never seen them kneel for a MURDERED white man or woman.
I have never seen them kneel for the THOUSANDS of black on black murder victims.
I have never seen them kneel for the TENS OF THOUSANDS of elderly people that died in our nursing homes due to the Coronavirus.

I have to ask WHY are our Democrat leaders acknowledging the life of George Floyd, as being MORE valuable than the lives of everyone else?

In fact, Democrats have put so much value on the life of George Floyd, that they have allowed rioting, looting, arson, murder and mayhem in communities NATIONWIDE. Stand down orders were given in all liberal cities by liberal mayors and governors. Let them loot, burn and kill.....

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT TO CONTINUE FOR OUR NATION? VOTE RIGHT.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/4/2020 at 7:17 PM, bersaguy said:

"If any moderators think this should be removed please do so"

I have a friend that lives up there, well actually I have a few friends that live up there and yes a couple of them are black friends I grew up knowing and they have told me that they moved out into the suburbs to keep their children from being killed and not by police, but just because they refused to join a Street gang.  They said there are weekends that there is as many as 100 kids and young adults are killed by gangs and the police don't even investigate them. The Mayor has said they can't afford to spend the money to investigate the murders and have been told not to even patrol the gang districts.

I only have 2 questions and that is, Does the life of George Floyd have any more importance to his family than the families of any of the young black children being killed in Chicago? Why has the BLM Movement not been in Chicago to spread their message????? Do you think it might be because they are not paid enough money to go into the "Devils Den????"

I was talking to a friend that has a brother on the CPD. He said the same thing about the murders. He said that unless they have some easily attainable hard evidence or direct witnesses willing to testify, they just write the report and move on. He said there are just too many and not enough resources to put much time into murder investigations. The cops don't like it, but it is what it is. They have to hurry up and finish the report on the current murder, because there is always another one waiting on them to respond to.   

• 2 weeks later...

Friend of mine is a shrink in Chiraq,p has a client or 2 on the force. One recently promotedl: tells all his patrolman, go find a nice place to park, turn the radio way down.

Not to single out one city, but you are going to see more and more apathy from the people who choose the profession. I'd even wager it will continue to devolve until the only cops left are the crooked ones. Self-fullfilling profecy to defund the police. Connection between cause and affect completely ignored. I give it about 3 years until some places are literally like Zimbabwae.

5 hours ago, ReeferMac said:

Not to single out one city, but you are going to see more and more apathy from the people who choose the profession. 

These people should retire and find other work.  They are stealing from the taxpayers. How many other professions would you accept this behavior from? They signed up for the crap show.

It’s been a long time since becoming a cop didn’t entail dealing with unreasonable demands and expectations from an ungrateful public and politicians. 

Edited by Links2k
26 minutes ago, Links2k said:

These people should retire and find other work.  They are stealing from the taxpayers. How many other professions would you except this behavior from? They signed up for the crap show.

It’s been a long time since becoming a cop didn’t entail dealing with unreasonable demands and expectations from an ungrateful public and politicians. 

Not like it is now. In the late 70’s early 80’s when I was a cop, a lot quit because they got tired of fighting both sides. But we dealt with nothing like what is going on today.

Yes, the taxpayers want the Officers doing their jobs, but not the left. Apathy is exactly what they are demanding. Don’t stop anyone, don’t write tickets, don’t investigate suspicious situations; go on the calls you are dispatched to and do nothing else. And in some places, like Chicago, that is what they are getting. The Police are handcuffed and can’t do their job, and the States Attorney doesn’t prosecute if they do; so homes and businesses are burglarized, Home Invasion is commonplace, and people die.

It should be no surprise to anyone what will happen if this lie is continued to be addressed as if it was true.

1 hour ago, DaveTN said:

Not like it is now. In the late 70’s early 80’s when I was a cop, a lot quit because they got tired of fighting both sides. But we dealt with nothing like what is going on today.

Yes, the taxpayers want the Officers doing their jobs, but not the left. Apathy is exactly what they are demanding. Don’t stop anyone, don’t write tickets, don’t investigate suspicious situations; go on the calls you are dispatched to and do nothing else. And in some places, like Chicago, that is what they are getting. The Police are handcuffed and can’t do their job, and the States Attorney doesn’t prosecute if they do; so homes and businesses are burglarized, Home Invasion is commonplace, and people die.

It should be no surprise to anyone what will happen if this lie is continued to be addressed as if it was true.

At the end of the day the individuals working law enforcement signed up for the job.  Some may have felt it was their life’s calling, others may have done it for pay and benefits in larger cities or just a transitional job for others.  Not one was forced into what’s going to become an increasingly  more difficult job. 

As a former officer, is this behavior acceptable to you simply because you don’t like how criminals, protesters and politicians are behaving or because you don’t agree with their politics?

This isn’t cop bashing.  I have a cousin on Baltimore P.D., a friend who is a lieutenant on M.P.D., a cousin who retired from M.P.D. less than two years ago, and a friend who died in a boating accident several years ago who was a sergeant on M.P.D. at the time. I could name more. It’s a thankless job that needs special people to do it.

I have officers that I’ve known since high school who won’t speak to me anymore because I ask questions like this. It is in no way an unfair question to ask.  

When you were active, did you sign up to serve only those you agree with politically? I ask the same of young war fighters when they decide that politics is more important to them than following lawful orders and performing their duties with integrity.

I know cops are human, but it’s my opinion that when you put on the badge, you shouldn’t make decisions based upon which citizens lean left and which lean right politically.  Decisions about how to handle calls shouldn’t be based upon being butt hurt over how politicians and chain of command decide to implement policy.  If this is the case, those officers are cheating themselves and the taxpayers.

Edited by Links2k
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I only have 1 question to ask and I would like someone to tell me when it happened that ALL LIVES quit mattering?? I myself have thought no one life was any more important than another. We all have loved ones that mourn the loss of a family member killed!! Has anyone ever seen anyone shot, cut, or injured in any other way that bled any color blood except red? I damn sure haven't!!!