TWRA fun

If you have not ran the wires yet for your depth finder/GPS  you can save your self a lot of trouble if you just use the hot and ground on your trolling motor wiring that is already up front. That is how I have been operating my GPS on my Skeeter for over 20 years with no issues. Just make sure you put a fuse link in the hot side of the wire between the unit and the hot wire to the TM and you should be good to go. 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

If you have not ran the wires yet for your depth finder/GPS  you can save your self a lot of trouble if you just use the hot and ground on your trolling motor wiring that is already up front. That is how I have been operating my GPS on my Skeeter for over 20 years with no issues. Just make sure you put a fuse link in the hot side of the wire between the unit and the hot wire to the TM and you should be good to go. 

I had not considered that. Thanks!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gregintenn said:

I had not considered that. Thanks!

Your welcome!! I had a friend tell me how to do that 20+ years ago. My only question to you is do you have a 12 volt Trolling motor or a 24 volt. If you have a 24 volt just use the Black and Red wire and same on a 12 volt TM.

3 hours ago, bersaguy said:

Your welcome!! I had a friend tell me how to do that 20+ years ago. My only question to you is do you have a 12 volt Trolling motor or a 24 volt. If you have a 24 volt just use the Black and Red wire and same on a 12 volt TM.

• Like 1
  • Admin Team
5 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Usually they are. I found this quite odd. I expect a lot of them are working from home due to COVID.

Yeah, all you need to do is visit some of our surrounding states to see how good we’ve actually got it with the TWRA.

We’ve gotten some world class fisheries under their watch that didn’t exist 20 years ago. 

• Like 3
  • Moderators

While I make jokes, TWRA is a government agency I don’t mind in the least. They perform their function well and within the revenue provided by their fees. The fact that they are self supporting by the folks who actually wish to make use of their services elevates them in my eyes on basic principles alone. 

• Like 7