Masks??????

3 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

While I despise it to my core, I wear a mask going into a store.

We’ll see how this works.  Knox Co. is full of people running around like there’s nothing going on.  That is what they wanted, as this is what they’re getting.

BTW, I do have a slight have issue with all the new bureaucrats popping up not only here but across the nation making punishable regulations (laws).  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Garufa said:

While I despise it to my core, I wear a mask going into a store.

We’ll see how this works.  Knox Co. is full of people running around like there’s nothing going on.  That is what they wanted, as this is what they’re getting.

BTW, I do have a slight have issue with all the new bureaucrats popping up not only here but across the nation making punishable regulations (laws).  

I will continue to do what I've been doing. 

I'm out in it most days and there are those without masks and then those with masks that are clearly compromised and should not be out in public but yet there they are. 

Regulations, mandates, laws, it all pi$$es me off. Make no mistake, this is a pecker pulling contest with other cities in the state. I predict Sullivan and or Hamilton County will follow suit shortly. Got to keep up with the Jones's.

• Like 1

Typical Face coverings do nothing to prevent the spread of a virus 5 microns in size average. Especially the cloth covers they sell. Getting sick is as easy as exposing any amount of active virus to a mucus membrane. The greatest risk is contacting an infected surface and then contacting your face either directly or by proxy. From what I've seen the past few months the average person has no clue how to use gloves to prevent cross contamination. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Mseals22 said:

Typical Face coverings do nothing to prevent the spread of a virus 5 microns in size average. Especially the cloth covers they sell. Getting sick is as easy as exposing any amount of active virus to a mucus membrane. The greatest risk is contacting an infected surface and then contacting your face either directly or by proxy. From what I've seen the past few months the average person has no clue how to use gloves to prevent cross contamination. 

But it makes you look like you care. That’s the important thing, right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

By the way, I had 3d printed a bunch of masks when there were shortages for a number of friends/family in health care work to their spec. I have a bunch left. If anyone wants a 3d printed mask and replaceable filter I will give you one or a few for FREE I just ask that you meet me in Knoxville. The link shows specifically what they are. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4225667

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Mseals22 said:

By the way, I had 3d printed a bunch of masks when there were shortages for a number of friends/family in health care work to their spec. I have a bunch left. If anyone wants a 3d printed mask and replaceable filter I will give you one or a few for FREE I just ask that you meet me in Knoxville. The link shows specifically what they are. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4225667

That's an awesome RAOK !

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Mseals22 said:

Almost makes it worth a road trip! But my knees won't take that drive anymore. About 30 minutes and I'm done. Have to get out and stretch. Makes for a very long trip.

Anyway...Great thing you do!

• Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, hipower said:

Almost makes it worth a road trip! But my knees won't take that drive anymore. About 30 minutes and I'm done. Have to get out and stretch. Makes for a very long trip.

Anyway...Great thing you do!

Thats quite a drive! With that kind of distance you would probably be better off just grabbing some off ebay. I think people sell them pretty cheap on there still.  myself and a few other people started making them because they were having physicians, nurses...etc reuse masks they wash, but a washed mask is still pretty nasty. Long story short, one day they didnt need any more and so now theres a box of them laying around my garage 🤷‍♂️

14 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

This is interesting, from their own attorney no less.... 

“It’s too vague, it’s unconstitutional, because nobody knows what’s prohibited that’s the problem,” county attorney Myers Morton said.

Violating the order will be classified as a misdemeanor, punishable by a citation or 30 days in jail.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, peejman said:

This is interesting, from their own attorney no less.... 

I don't participate in most social media sites but I've had friends already texting me screenshots of posts of people plum red azzed over it lol. That includes the Sheriff and the Mayor. Makes for good entertainment..

• Like 2
3 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

I don't participate in most social media sites but I've had friends already texting me screenshots of posts of people plum red azzed over it lol. That includes the Sheriff and the Mayor. Makes for good entertainment..

I'm one of em Brother... I intend to vote with my dollars and do business anywhere other than in Knox county...  Anderson County is right over the ridge from me, and Blount County is just south... As the great Tennesseean Davey Crockett said just before his trip to Texas and the Alamo, "... You can go to hell... I'm goin to Texas "...

leroy

• Haha 3

Here's the absolutely idiotic part. The Knox County Health Department head has said that we should trust them experts (them.) However, those "health experts" don't trust the law experts in their own government when they said it wasn't legal to give such an order.

Here's the other thing I was mulling around today. I believe only three people on the task force that voted on this are actual government employees (Jacobs, health director, and some school employee.) Have the non employees not opened themselves up to lawsuits since they would not be protected under qualified immunity? Considering they are unelected they should have no vote...but neither should the health director since she's not elected. In fact, even Jacobs shouldn't have a vote because violating people's rights should never be up for a vote.

So yeah, I've not worn a face mask a single time when I've been out for the past few months and I refuse to do so because I believe it's hurting our recovery far more than it's helping.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

Did my monthly grocery shopping today. Huge crowds. Lots of people shopping for 4th of July. Very obvious that many were buying for a big party.

Sam's was ok. They even handed out free masks at the door if you needed one. Most people, including me, are wearing masks.  4-5 registers open. However, they funnel everybody into one checkout line to wait for the next open checker. Line goes all the way to the back of the store and it seemed to take forever to check out. 

Kroger was just a PITA. Social distancing had checkout lines running a long way down the aisles making it hard just to get to what you need. Most people with masks, but quite a few without.  What pisssed me off was that many employees were wearing their masks with their nose hanging out. . Only covering their mouth. Almost all the checkers were that way. Some employees with no mask at all. They should know better and management should enforce proper use. I tried to tell someone, but couldn't find any supervisor types. Tried to call when I got home, but the automated phone system just kept transferring me until I was finally cut off. I might try again tomorrow. They really need to fix that. 

My shopping trip took about twice as long as usual. Time to hunker back down. At least I won't starve. 

Edited by Grayfox54
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

They should know better and management should enforce proper use. I tried to tell someone, but couldn't find any supervisor types. Tried to call when I got home, but the automated phone system just kept transferring me until I was finally cut off. I might try again tomorrow. They really need to fix that.

Why do you think it's your job to police other people like that? If you are afraid of catching it then why are you out when there are plenty of ways to have basically no exposure and get supplies to survive? You and you alone are responsible for your own health.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Kroger on 70 in Bartlett has plexiglass barriers between cashiers and the customers.  Each one has a 3” or 4” diameter hole for you to put your hand through the get to the credit/debit card machine.  The machine is not lined up with the hole, so it’s basically impossible to not touch the side of the hole.  So somebody’s feel good idea to keep everybody safe is actually making everyone touch the same spot.  No plexiglass barriers would be safer.  The stupidity is getting worse every day.  

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, Widdershins said:

I just wear them if I can't social distance, it's better to be safe than sorry.

One post from Boston Mass on a state gun forum and this is the thread? Interesting. 

Edited by Smith
  • Angry 1
11 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Did my monthly grocery shopping today. Huge crowds. Lots of people shopping for 4th of July. Very obvious that many were buying for a big party.

Sam's was ok. They even handed out free masks at the door if you needed one. Most people, including me, are wearing masks.  4-5 registers open. However, they funnel everybody into one checkout line to wait for the next open checker. Line goes all the way to the back of the store and it seemed to take forever to check out. 

Kroger was just a PITA. Social distancing had checkout lines running a long way down the aisles making it hard just to get to what you need. Most people with masks, but quite a few without.  What pisssed me off was that many employees were wearing their masks with their nose hanging out. . Only covering their mouth. Almost all the checkers were that way. Some employees with no mask at all. They should know better and management should enforce proper use. I tried to tell someone, but couldn't find any supervisor types. Tried to call when I got home, but the automated phone system just kept transferring me until I was finally cut off. I might try again tomorrow. They really need to fix that. 

My shopping trip took about twice as long as usual. Time to hunker back down. At least I won't starve. 

I try to keep my house stocked with food items and my daughter shops once a week and when she shops for them she takes my list and shops for me at same time. I always have a fairly good size list and buy extra stuff to put in inventory. I am well stocked now.