Masks??????

We wear them now that it has become mandated, boss man made it a must as well. if we can not keep a 6 foot area we must wear a mask. I am of northern genes, can work in a walk in cooler for hours and not get cold, with out a jacket. How ever I suffer the heat really bad, temps close to 90 and over and I get very hot, I have to be very careful to not over heat. So the mast works for about 10 mins and it has to come off so I can cool off.

My son made a commit to day that struck me hard. "If the masks work, then why not reopen fully?" I said because there are some that wont wear them. We all saw that from the video of lower Broad.

Now as for me on the mask issue. I will be going off this property on Saturday for the first time since March. I have to go to the bank and get a new debit card as my has been blocked by my bank. My Bank blocked a purchase when a guy in New Jersey attempted to use a debit card that had been made on a computer. They were able to actually catch the guy trying to use it when store security took him into custody right at the check out counter. My banker called me at 9:05 AM to ask me if I was in New Jersey at the present time and I told Stacy at the present time I am 5 miles from you here in Gordonsville. She said thank you and told me what had happened and that the bank electronic department was the ones that blocked the purchase and alerted the store to the bogus card. The bank was later notified that he had several other bogus cards from a few other people in Tennessee.  I am very thankful knowing my banks electronics division is so very efficient in their job.

Anyway back to the mask issue. I will be wearing a Mask when I go to the bank that I got from a member here. Stacy at the bank  said all of the bank employees are required to wear them but customers are not but I will be wearing mine.  I'm 72 years old and have several other health issues that make me a prime target for that CRUD  so no sense in tempting fate any more than I have too and being macho or stupid. I will also have a small pocket size bottle of hand sanitizer and once I leave the bank I will be using it also. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, bersaguy said:

Anyway back to the mask issue. I will be wearing a Mask when I go to the bank that I got from a member here. Stacy at the bank  said all of the bank employees are required to wear them but customers are not but I will be wearing mine.  

You might want to call the bank first before you go. My bank requires you to have an appointment to enter the building.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, xsubsailor said:

You might want to call the bank first before you go. My bank requires you to have an appointment to enter the building.

I did ask all of those questions when I was discussing the mask issue and she said they don't require an appointment because they are located in a small town and never have more than 1 or 2 people in the bank at 1 time so social distancing is not a problem at the present time. The tellers now have glass shields up in front of them also when you do business inside the bank. They have 2 people working the drive up now cause many people have started using drive up a lot more. I was always using drive up before the pandemic and would again except I have to go inside and get my new card and sign some papers. I am adding a second checking account also and will be getting a second Debit card. I have never felt comfortable putting my only checking account debit card number on line for regular monthly withdrawals for things like St. Jude's, ASPCA and Wounded Warriors and have been mailing them checks every month. With this new account I will just transfer funds into the account to cover the withdraws of those 3 accounts and there will be a $100.00 remaining n the account to keep it open and active. My banker (Stacy) told me they have several people that also do that so it is a good plan. That's why I have to go inside this time.  

• Like 1

I've not been in my bank in at least 3 months. My check at work is direct deposit and I just hit ATM. I don't know if they are excepting walk in customers at this time or not. I hate my bank, not the people that work there. Bersa glad you got your problem resolved.

Edited by Quavodus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, AuEagle said:

Funny how events like this bring out the little-dictator in some people.

My mother, sister and brother in law contracted covid-19 while living in Florida. This was despite wearing masks in public and applying hand sanitizer/washing hands before eating, touching face, etc. 

Unless people are wearing an N95 or better type face mask, it isn't going to help you. If anything it's a glorified sneeze guard. 

Also, I have seen so many people, mostly in a restaurant setting grabbing, pulling and adjusting their saliva soaked mask with their gloved, or un-gloved hand. The same hand they grab your cup, plate, door knobs and any other surface. Think about that. Cross contamination in all directions being concentrated on the face mask. When I see people wearing these masks I cannot help but imagine their daily use face mask to be no different than a public door knob sitting on their mouth. 

faceMaskBeLike.png

Edited by crake
Added a custom meme for impact
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

That's a special kind of stupid right there.

Am I reading this wrong? Or is she just ignorant about how things work? 

Hurt said that she works for an organization that, “If they pass the virus, then they are tried for murder or attempted murder.”

Hurt thinks the same standard should apply to the general public.

She works for “Jefferson St United Merchants Partnership” That doesn’t sound to me like an organization that has anything to say about what people are charged with.

Its amazing that some of these people can be on city and county councils.

1 minute ago, gregintenn said:

Wouldn’t plastic bags quell the transmission of Covid much more efficiently than cloth masks?😀

Yes! Email that idea to Joe and maybe he will go with it on the next transmission from the basement.

• Like 3