Masks??????

1 hour ago, Omega said:

What makes me responsible for your fear? 

What fear? I don't really care what you do or don't do. I just don't have a problem wearing a mask right now and I understand the reasons why they are asking us to do it. If you don't want to wear one then so be it. Greg said he didn't understand why he was being asked to wear one if he didn't feel sick and I was merely trying to point out why that is. 

27 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I most often see mask wearers wearing them covering the chin, or hanging from one ear. This may make you guys feel better, but I think it is silly and childish.

I see a lot of those people too and they all look like redneck mouth breathers to me. I try to avoid them even during normal times. 

Maybe you'll enjoy this. My crazy aunt(a real life Karen) sent me this unsolicited message a few months ago. 

Capture+_2020-10-09-10-52-52.png

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Fine. I’ll wear the damned mask. 

LMTb5L3.jpg

You know, if the government recommended this level of mask, I would be more inclined to think maybe they were serious about protecting people.  But as it is, well, there are reasons why many mask packagings have disclaimers.

• Like 3

As I understand it, if the mask is not an N95 type, it will not protect me from getting the china virus from others and this fact is clearly written on the boxes of masks I’ve seen being sold and even the ones given out for free at most stores I’ve been in like Food City, Lowes, Sams etc....that are supplying free masks. If it’s not going to protect me from the virus, It won’t protect others from getting it from me if I’m a carrier with no symptoms. The virus is so small it passes right through it. Same goes for bandanas, neck gators, or whatever cloth cover you wear. I don’t wear a mask, but I wipe or wash my hands a lot. I have a bandana soaked in 90% alcohol in a jar in my home and in my vehicle. When I come out I wipe the door handles, steering wheel, keys and last of all my hands with the bandana. Then back in the jar it goes to be used next time. The bandana stays saturated for about 2 weeks before I have to pour more alcohol in it. It doesn’t take much alcohol at all. I’ve been doing this since the beginning. Personally I don’t know anyone that has contracted this virus. I hope things stay that way.

I guess masks are here forever now. No end in sight. All it takes is "news" media attention to set the narrative and studies to flood the internet. That will make the viewers/readers of mainstream "news" media happy, and it's important that they are happy above all others. 

It's a classic problem. Leave decisions up to the individual or impose decrees upon the collective by special counsel.  

Just wait until the "news" media begins focusing on guns again. 

https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/firearms/fastfact.html

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, crake said:

I guess masks are here forever now. No end in sight. All it takes is "news" media attention to set the narrative and studies to flood the internet. That will make the viewers/readers of mainstream "news" media happy, and it's important that they are happy above all others. 

It's a classic problem. Leave decisions up to the individual or impose decrees upon the collective by special counsel.  

Just wait until the "news" media begins focusing on guns again. 

https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/firearms/fastfact.html

I'll see if I can dig up the article, but I read last week where in some states doctors offices were asking people if they own a gun on the questionnaire you fill out. They went on to say that they saw shootings as a public health crisis. It was insane. 

15 minutes ago, Mseals22 said:

I'll see if I can dig up the article, but I read last week where in some states doctors offices were asking people if they own a gun on the questionnaire you fill out. They went on to say that they saw shootings as a public health crisis. It was insane. 

That’s understandable. If you are brought in unconscious with half your hand missing, they need to know if you shot it off or slammed it in car door.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
33 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

That’s understandable. If you are brought in unconscious with half your hand missing, they need to know if you shot it off or slammed it in car door.

I hope this is an attempt at sarcasm. Otherwise this logic would need to apply to anything dangerous i have around the house 🤔🙄

1 hour ago, Mseals22 said:

It was NY. 

I find it disturbing how predictable all of this is... 

The same people that fain caution surrounding actions that could be taken concerning Antifa are the same people propping up the covid-19 "wear a mask" talking points. This is the mainstream "news" media narrative pretty much verbatim. 

No creativity. No individuality. Just brainless leader following. 

Stop letting powerful interests that don't like you lead our country every which way, and eventually off a cliff. 

Edited by crake
  • Like 1

I was in Denver a few weeks ago, when the fires were dumping ash all over Denver and the smoke was bad.  An air alert went out saying those with breathing issues should stay in, and that the China Virus masks were not adequate to protect from smoke particles. which are way bigger than the China Virus.  Just makes me wonder just how these studies are conducted, seems pretty clear to me that if it doesn't stop one size, smaller would be even worse. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, bud said:

I long for the day that we eliminate the false premise that we all have an obligation to care about the spread of this corona virus. 

This astounds me.  You're saying if you knew you were an asymptomatic carrier, you wouldn't care about infecting others?

If I knew I was an asymptomatic carrier, meaning I had actually had a positive COVID test and wasn’t feeling any symptoms I would do what I consider to be the responsible thing and stay home. That’s the same thing I would do with the flu or a substantial cold. What’s being fear mongered onto us is far from reasonable or responsible, especially with the data we now have.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, bud said:

An accusation does not become a question just because you put a question mark at the end of the sentence. 

Prior to the arrival of the corona virus, were you eating right and excercising and maintaining an appropriate lifestyle to make sure that Natural Selection didn't get ya?

Or, were you a typical overweight and under-excercised American who felt entitiled to that life, while resting on the fact that you could simply take a pill to keep your unhealthy self alive?

Are you asking me to change my lifestyle because of your personal laziness, and because of your expectation that you can live your life in a way that makes you especially vulnerable to environmental challenges that all plants and animals face from time to time?

Just asking you to be a responsible member of society. Looks like it's a lost cause. Good luck in all your endeavors and I hope never to cross your path in the future. 

1 hour ago, Raoul said:

Just asking you to be a responsible member of society. Looks like it's a lost cause. Good luck in all your endeavors and I hope never to cross your path in the future. 

Tell us about that cigarette you.’re smoking in your avatar picture. Does a mask make it harder to smoke?

Edited by gregintenn