SGAmmo-Ammoman

• 4 months later...
6 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

We've been here before. This too shall pass. Saturday was the first time in 2020 that I've shot. I'm conserving what I have. 

I just keep in mind  that manufacturers want to be back selling as much as we all want to be back buying. I'm hoping that by spring we're back to moderately cheap prices and the availability is back to a greater degree of normal. Barring legal intervention, but I'm not too too worried about that. 

3 hours ago, AuEagle said:

Just checked SGAmmo to see their inventory of 9mm & .45 ACP.

They virtually have nothing. 

Ammoman, pretty sad there too.

I appreciate the sites that have the “show only in-stock items” option. When you check that the whole page is empty and you don’t have to dig around to try to find anything. 🙃

• Like 2
1 hour ago, AuEagle said:

Looks like SGAmmo got some .45 ACP FMJ.

.76 per rd...Plus shipping.

1000 Round Case - 45 ACP / Auto Speer Lawman 230 Grain TMJ Ammo - 53653 | SGAmmo.com

HOLY CRAP!!  I'm  sooo glad I bought that last case of 45 last Christmas!  And not selling until I'm forced to. Or it reaches 2 bucks a round. 

Which isn't out of the realms of possibility it seems.

I just looked on SG ammo which is a good place to buy in normal times. They have limited quantities of most ammo, but had more .50 BMG ammo than anything. 38 special only ammo in stock was wadcutters at $0.90 each, with a 3 box limit. And that my friends is why I reload. I can load that same ammo at around $0.06 each only 150% cheaper. For all those people that talk about not counting my time, well the last reloading session I saved about $882.00. Not bad for less than a days work. I had to add this, just saw 10mm FMJ ammo on SG for $0.70 per round. This is crazy folks.

Edited by Dirtshooter
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

I ran into Win M855 5.56 at Academy in Johnson City last night at $10 per 20 round box. Limit 3 boxes. Not far off from what pre-panic prices were since this is not the cheapest stuff. But I bet the 50 boxes were gone before they closed. My normal pick up there used to be Tula or their Monarch at $5 or $6 per box. Not as cheap as buying bulk, but sometimes easier to swing 5 boxes of that at a time especially after all the online places had to start collecting tax. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

Not gonna happen.

Not even in your wildest dreams. First we have to settle this issue of President, then we can make predictions. If President Trump is re-elected give it 6-9 months to start seeing some ammo and components and 1-1.5 years before prices start to drop. But if the ammo company presidents are watching all this craziness they will just make the current prices the prices until the next price hike. They sort of have us over a barrel, kind of like gas prices, you can pay $4 per gallon and drive your car that you may be making payments on or you can not buy it and walk. Your choice.

• Sad 1
34 minutes ago, Dirtshooter said:

Not even in your wildest dreams. First we have to settle this issue of President, then we can make predictions. If President Trump is re-elected give it 6-9 months to start seeing some ammo and components and 1-1.5 years before prices start to drop. But if the ammo company presidents are watching all this craziness they will just make the current prices the prices until the next price hike. They sort of have us over a barrel, kind of like gas prices, you can pay $4 per gallon and drive your car that you may be making payments on or you can not buy it and walk. Your choice.

In any event prices im sure will inevitably be higher. I dont know by how much. I hope that there is enough competition and surplus to bring prices to what they were at some point but that may never happen. I forsee more people reloading. There is an unfortunate cycle with the gun community and the manufacturers where there is panic buying and hording, then shortage, then normalization then repeat. If gun legislation gets passed then it may get even worse. Thats the other problem.... the gun/ammunition industry is one of the most heavily regulated and under political attack. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Dirtshooter said:

By that unfounded theory, why isn't gasoline $4 right now?   (what is it, $1.60?)    But didn't the vendors "see that people will pay $4.00" in the past?  

3 hours ago, Dirtshooter said:

The issue of President is settled.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, BlessTheUSA said:

By that unfounded theory, why isn't gasoline $4 right now?   (what is it, $1.60?)    But didn't the vendors "see that people will pay $4.00" in the past?  

The demand for gasoline is not high right now.  Ammo demand is.  Also, ammo is not subject to the artificial taxes that oil is and we are also not quite as subject to Middle East volatility as we were a few years ago.  

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

The demand for gasoline is not high right now.  Ammo demand is.  Also, ammo is not subject to the artificial taxes that oil is and we are also not quite as subject to Middle East volatility as we were a few years ago.  

Then it has nothing to do with "they will just make the current prices the prices..."    but rather that demand will stay high so prices will stay high.   That's capitalism, and the essential supply-demand interaction.     Asserting that a large, free market will arbitrability keep prices high is another thing.   I suppose there's a fundamental difference in assuming that prices are $1.50/rd because the seller wants to charge a high price, vs. the that being the price the buyer is willing to pay.

I'm willing to bet sellers would have loved to charge $1.50 a year ago.  🙂

4 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

Not yet, wait until the dems start working biden's plan to tax all gun related items.

2 hours ago, Omega said:

No, it has not.  It may look that way but it is not.  The Electoral College hasn't even convened yet. 

Agree.  I don't know what to make of "news anchors" calling Joe "President Elect."    It's 100% factual that he is NOT the president elect, no matter where you stand politically.    Forcing a narrative by repeating it enough times, perhaps?