TV shows status

One I watched that was cancelled is Deputy. Not a half bad cop show. The main character was good, but it had serious liberal tendencies. I won't miss it. 

Carol's Second Act was pretty good. But I only watched it because of its time slot between other shows. It was a fill in for me. Just another dumb comedy. Again, won't be missed. 

Broke: Love Pauley Perrette, absolutely hated that show. Good riddance. 

How the h3ll is Charmed still on? God that show was awful and I like magic style stuff. Of course it is CW. All their shows have a certain campy feel in a bad way. Like it is all aimed at 13 year old girls. 

Basically nothing I watch on either list, but I don't watch much TV. 

With everything that's going on right now I'm really surprised they didn't cancel Blue Bloods. 

1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

I agree wholeheartedly !!

Well I have been stuck watching basic networks like CBS NBC ABC etc etc Fox when I can get it on antenna. Before the virus I was on the verge of getting Fiber Optic TV and then I would never watched another local network ever again but they have not started back with the Fiber installations so stuck watching local junk. When I get Fiber my TV will have the History channel, TLC(the learning Channel) the National Geographic, Discovery channel will for the most part all I will be watching. I checked into satellite when I first moved here and all of them told me that no Satellites will work out here were I live. I thought satellite would work where they aimed the dish but this small area never has a satellite in view.....go figure!!!! I do have one bright spot in all of this and smart TV's I have been able to search out some upper ban channels and can watch all kinds of oldies and every night I get all 4 of Gene Roddenberry's Star Treks series and during the days they have Numbers, Nash Bridges, JAG, and Monk. 

Well bugger my old brown boots. 

I heard that Blue Bloods hadn't been renewed after season 10. I'm seriously happy to see it's going to continue. In twenty-some-odd years, it's the one of the only tv show that me & Mrs. P can watch together. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, bersaguy said:

Well I have been stuck watching basic networks like CBS NBC ABC etc etc Fox when I can get it on antenna. Before the virus I was on the verge of getting Fiber Optic TV and then I would never watched another local network ever again but they have not started back with the Fiber installations so stuck watching local junk. When I get Fiber my TV will have the History channel, TLC(the learning Channel) the National Geographic, Discovery channel will for the most part all I will be watching. I checked into satellite when I first moved here and all of them told me that no Satellites will work out here were I live. I thought satellite would work where they aimed the dish but this small area never has a satellite in view.....go figure!!!! I do have one bright spot in all of this and smart TV's I have been able to search out some upper ban channels and can watch all kinds of oldies and every night I get all 4 of Gene Roddenberry's Star Treks series and during the days they have Numbers, Nash Bridges, JAG, and Monk. 

I'm afraid you'll be severely disappointed.

TLC no longer has anything to do with "learning" anything other than maybe how stupid modern society has become.

Nat Geo is now primarily shows about criminals.
Either being locked up or how they got that way.

Discovery is now pretty much non stop reality show BS.
It could legitimately be renamed "The Mike and Frank Network". (American Pickers)

Edit ... Forgot History .... mostly junk also.

One of those does have Forged In Fire.
I watch that often.
But they show far more reruns than new episodes so it gets old PDQ.

If you have streaming capabilities, Curiosity Stream is informative.
It was built by the same folks who built the original Discovery Channel.

Science Channel is still pretty good.
But it's in a higher tier pkg than my subscription so I only get to watch it on free preview days.

Edited by DL126
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, DL126 said:

I'm afraid you'll be severely disappointed.

TLC no longer has anything to do with "learning" anything other than maybe how stupid modern society has become.

Nat Geo is now primarily shows about criminals.
Either being locked up or how they got that way.

Discovery is now pretty much non stop reality show BS.
It could legitimately be renamed "The Mike and Frank Network". (American Pickers)

Edit ... Forgot History .... mostly junk also.

One of those does have Forged In Fire.
I watch that often.
But they show far more reruns than new episodes so it gets old PDQ.

If you have streaming capabilities, Curiosity Stream is informative.
It was built by the same folks who built the original Discovery Channel.

Science Channel is still pretty good.
But it's in a higher tier pkg than my subscription so I only get to watch it on free preview days.

Thanks for the update but I would rather watch American pickers than all the talk shows on most networks that are either hawking about the Virus or the Racism all across the country. I'm doing my part with the virus and staying home and have masks if I did go out. I am not a racist, never have been and never will be. I look at a persons actions and make a decision on if they might be a marron or not but the color of a persons skin does not make them one. I learned a long long time ago that actions speak much louder than words!!

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 1
On 7/1/2020 at 2:53 PM, Grayfox54 said:

One I watched that was cancelled is Deputy. Not a half bad cop show. The main character was good, but it had serious liberal tendencies. I won't miss it. 

Carol's Second Act was pretty good. But I only watched it because of its time slot between other shows. It was a fill in for me. Just another dumb comedy. Again, won't be missed. 

I really enjoyed Deputy and am sad that it got cancelled.  It was probably the second best cop show on TV behind The Rookie.  While there was some mildly liberal stuff in it, for a show set in LA, the main character was incredibly conservative.

On 7/1/2020 at 3:28 PM, Ronald_55 said:

How the h3ll is Charmed still on? God that show was awful and I like magic style stuff. Of course it is CW. All their shows have a certain campy feel in a bad way. Like it is all aimed at 13 year old girls. 

Basically nothing I watch on either list, but I don't watch much TV. 

The CW as a whole is aimed at teen girls.   That is nothing new.  Every show they have ever had has been that way.  

On 7/1/2020 at 4:31 PM, xsubsailor said:

With everything that's going on right now I'm really surprised they didn't cancel Blue Bloods. 

I agree wholeheartedly !!

Blue Bloods is a stalwart and will be used to try and "bridge the divide" in the upcoming season.  I can almost guarantee it.  

On 7/1/2020 at 2:53 PM, Grayfox54 said:

Deputy...never heard of it. The next two...completely agree. Total waste of time.

Looks as if The Rookie is coming back. I really liked the first season. Second had it's good points, but became to darn socially conscious with all the lib view stories.

I guess Manifest has bitten the dust. Not a great show, but I wanted to see if they could write themselves out of the hole the show was in. Sort of a sideways Lost to me.

As for The CW Network, it is for teens. Period. Or old geezer scifi/comic fans. Some of the shows were good initially, but deteriorated rapidly.

Pickers...well I like it. I may or may not learn anything from it, but usually entertaining. Yes I am a Danielle fan. lol Always looking to see just how far her tattoos go.

Liked the car shows on History, but they have gone to shows all about the characters/actors more than about the cars.

And how long does it take to dig, drill, and find a treasure? How many fish can you get in a net? Gets old.

Edited by hipower

I hardly ever turn the TV on anymore. No such thing as news these days, just propaganda shows. I do watch Young Sheldon and This Is Us. That's it. No sports anymore either. Spoiled brats getting political and raking in more money than they can ever spend thinking it makes them smart or something.

37 minutes ago, hipower said:

Pickers...well I like it. I may or may not learn anything from it, but usually entertaining. Yes I am a Danielle fan. lol Always looking to see just how far her tattoos go.

Not hard to find out.  She is a burlesque performer.  

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

yes...if one were to search the internet, I'm told one might find  a lot of very interesting pictures of her...not that id ever look at those kinds of pictures, mind you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
53 minutes ago, Defender said:

yes...if one were to search the internet, I'm told one might find  a lot of very interesting pictures of her...not that id ever look at those kinds of pictures, mind you.

Why don't ya give hipower a link or 2 and make his day (Even though your don't look at those kind of pictures)……….😉

On 7/6/2020 at 10:29 AM, bersaguy said:

Why don't ya give hipower a link or 2 and make his day (Even though your don't look at those kind of pictures)……….😉

Well...I wouldnt personally know where to even begin to look, but i heard some can be seen here:  -LINK REMOVED- If you can’t post the pic without violating the TOS, you can’t post a link to it either. 

Edited by Chucktshoes

Ok now that we got hipower fixed up I have a question for folks that still have cable or satellite. Does any one know if the programs "Alaska, the last Frontier" is still on. I'm not sure if it was on History or Discovery but think Discovery. That and Deadliest Catch was 2 of my favorite programs!!!!  

23 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

Ok now that we got hipower fixed up I have a question for folks that still have cable or satellite. Does any one know if the programs "Alaska, the last Frontier" is still on. I'm not sure if it was on History or Discovery but think Discovery. That and Deadliest Catch was 2 of my favorite programs!!!!  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska:_The_Last_Frontier

Wikipedia doesn't have a cancellation date.  

• Like 1
On 7/6/2020 at 9:27 AM, Capbyrd said:

On 7/6/2020 at 9:31 AM, Defender said:

I would not do such a thing as you gentlemen suggest. :hiding: 

At least not yet.

Really.

Deadliest Catch and The Last Frontier are both still on.  The "catch" is currently on Discovery (new shows) with re-runs on animal planet IIRC.  Last Frontier has re-runs on Animal Planet as well, with new stuff on Discovery.  I used to watch the last frontier, but grew tired of it. ..

I like Life Below Zero, Forged in Fire, Swamp People, Deadliest Catch, Mountain Men and a few others.  The scenery in Life Below Zero is fantastic IMO, the characters are so so.  I watch the shows for entertainment, as my definition of "reality" is different than the networks.  The majority of the scenes are "staged", or greatly exaggerated, and I usually seen things in some scenes that tell me they are not as "in the bush" or "outback" as they want you to believe.  LOL