Pickaroon

What generation Glocks .......

........started having changeable backstraps?

13 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

Thanks 

Correct, but it is possible to put a beavertail on a previous generation. 

But the Gen 4 Glocks had "growing pains" when they first came out. It was the the first year of them having 2 piece recoil springs in their mid size and full size guns. This caused some problems that were eventually worked out. 

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 7:18 PM, tercel89 said:

But the Gen 4 Glocks had "growing pains" when they first came out. It was the the first year of them having 2 piece recoil springs in their mid size and full size guns. This caused some problems that were eventually worked out. 

I have a G4 20 that has the 2 piece recoil springs and have had no problems.  What type of issues did they have?

6 hours ago, Choatecav said:

I have a G4 20 that has the 2 piece recoil springs and have had no problems.  What type of issues did they have?

Failure to feed , failure to eject and some people , including myself ,  had rust pop up on them. I had a Glock 27 Gen 4 and mine had rust form on it and I am very careful to keep mine wiped down good. As far as I know the Gen 4's are fixed now. 

Wonder if/when they’ll switch over to Gen 5 for the large frame 45/10mm guns. I’d like to see a G21 Gen 5 FS MOS personally.

Posted (edited)

The first two introduced were the Glock 17 Gen 4 and Glock 22 Gen 4 in early 2010, followed by the 19, 23, 26, 27 and every other 9mm-frame Glock.

text to speech

mortgage calculator

Edited by AnnSullivan

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By OMCHamlin
      Help with an "Odd-duck"; Intratec Tec-38?
      I picked up an oddball little Derringer, apparently made by Intratec back in the 90's or so, called the Intratec Tec-38. If anybody has a schematic or an exploded view of same, I could use a look at it, thanks!
      It looks like this:

Before you suggest it, Numrich Arms (Gun Parts Corp) does not have one on their website, I've looked.
    • By Ray Z
      I bought my wife a M&P9 EZ for a car gun because she couldn't rake the slide on a regular M&P. I just bought a Taurus G3 for me just for giggles. Guess what? She can rack it as good as a M&P9 EZ. To go along with that the G3 double actions on the second shot if the first one fails to fire.The trigger is super and the magazines that come with the gun are 15 and 17 rounds. I've always been a M&P fan but that could change.  You people have got to check it out.
    • By DWARREN123
      Picked up a Stoeger STR-9.
      Got it from local Rural King for $338.42. Came in cardboard box with info, 3 back straps and 3 15 round mags.
      Made in Turkey. Very Glock like inside and shoots as good as a Glock 19 for me.
      I would compare to Glock gen3/4 G19 model.
      Standard 3 dot sights but are metal. Parts do not seem to be interchangeable with Glocks but it does fit Glock 19 holsters.
      Put 500 rounds thru it so far with 2 failures to completely eject fired casings, strong RSA and 3 times slide locked back with rounds still in mag, found out I was riding up on slide lock.
      Sight are POA/POI for me and groups at least as well as any Glock 9mm I have owned.

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines