Publix Meat Department Sale

• Admin Team

I talked with the butcher not too long ago. The meat market is weird right now. 

He said they were over supplied on a lot of stuff and were grinding up nice steaks and turning them into ground beef. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, MacGyver said:

I talked with the butcher not too long ago. The meat market is weird right now. 

He said they were over supplied on a lot of stuff and were grinding up nice steaks and turning them into ground beef. 

Heard the same just after Covid kicked in good from a meat department guy at Food City. They were told, grind up everything and get it on the shelf. 

3 hours ago, KahrMan said:

Publix has some good sales going on right now. Their bone in ribeyes are 7.99/lb. I bought a bunch and vacuumed sealed several to save for later. 

8-EABF19-C-0720-4-A45-B1-B1-104-E1-D0-EB

Don't you just love your vacuum sealer?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, MikeF1000 said:

Now leave them in the vac pac, sous vide, and sear them. Best steak you’ll ever taste! 

I have tried that and do not like the texture of the meat.  I throw them in my pellet grill till 130° and then put them on the sear box to get a nice crust. Throw them in a pan with a little garlic butter on top and let them rest for 5 minutes. Delicious. 

Edited by KahrMan
  • Like 2

Take them bad boys and put a little lemon pepper and salt on them, the flavors will soak in while the charcoal is coming up to  the white hot stage. Lay steak on right end of grill stick two pronged fork in left side and slowly drag across grill, flip over at end of dragging on left side insert prong on right side and slowly drag across grill remove let rest for 5 minutes and enjoy. Will be rare as steak is intended to be eaten. Have a good 4th

Edited by owejia
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, owejia said:

Take them bad boys and put a little lemon pepper and salt on them, while charcoal grill is getting to the white hot stage. Lay steak on right end of grill stick two pronged fork in left side and slowly drag across grill, flip over at end of dragging on left side insert prong on right side and slowly drag across grill remove let rest for 5 minutes and enjoy. Will be rare as steak is intended to be eaten. Have a good 4th

You made me hungry just reading your post...….🤣

4 hours ago, owejia said:

Take them bad boys and put a little lemon pepper and salt on them, while charcoal grill is getting to the white hot stage. Lay steak on right end of grill stick two pronged fork in left side and slowly drag across grill, flip over at end of dragging on left side insert prong on right side and slowly drag across grill remove let rest for 5 minutes and enjoy. Will be rare as steak is intended to be eaten. Have a good 4th

Why would you bother with lemon pepper and salt when the dragging across the grill just scrapes it off?