Jump to content
jgradyc

Be vigilant. The crazies are coming out.

Recommended Posts

People are under stress and I'm seeing more crazy behavior. Yesterday, I was at Newks for a to-go order for lunch and a woman started shouting at the staff because her order was taking so long. This was in a nice part of town with reasonably upscale clientele and Vanderbilt students. I wouldn't have expected it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jgradyc said:

People are under stress and I'm seeing more crazy behavior. Yesterday, I was at Newks for a to-go order for lunch and a woman started shouting at the staff because her order was taking so long. This was in a nice part of town with reasonably upscale clientele and Vanderbilt students. I wouldn't have expected it. 

I would ask you to describe her but I feel like the mental picture you gave me from the story is accurate enough. The thing is this behavior is not new its just we have something to blame it on right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is that no one called her out on it. Everybody probably stood around and looked uncomfortable. If all of the customers in the place "explained" to her that her actions were unacceptable some of this would stop. By not saying anything she has been given permission to act like this anytime she feels like it. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, alleycat72 said:

The problem is that no one called her out on it. Everybody probably stood around and looked uncomfortable. If all of the customers in the place "explained" to her that her actions were unacceptable some of this would stop. By not saying anything she has been given permission to act like this anytime she feels like it.

While I agree that saying nothing is tacitly giving permission, I'd also note that there are a certain number of folks who have given themselves permission to act like this and nothing anyone says to them will convince them of the error of their ways.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While this may be very uncommon in that particular area, yes people do act that sort of way under normal circumstances. The problem with saying something to a complete stranger that is already physically agitated, is that it’s taken as escalation and when you carry, that’s something to avoid at all costs.

 

That being said, common courtesy, common sense, and just being kind to one another has gotten less and less common over the years. However, right now in the current situation, the erosion of society is happening at a much faster rate.

I fully agree with your sentiment of “Stay vigilant”

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will say one thing, if she ate what she finally received shes brave lmao. Maybe she should watch Clerks 2 and consider some patience :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

I will say one thing, if she ate what she finally received shes brave lmao. Maybe she should watch Clerks 2 and consider some patience :)

I’m assuming Clerks 2 is a movie or TV show I haven’t seen or heard of.

Mama always said, be as nice and kind as you possibly can to the people that touch your food. 😉

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to reason with that kind of person is useless.  Like wrestling with a pig; 'you get tired and muddy and the pig has fun'.

A LONG time ago I had a friend who owned a successful sandwich shop.  Difficult customers got a dab of Wasabi on their BLT or Monte Cristo.  Really difficult customers were refused service and shown the door.  You probably couldn't get away with that today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has to do with how you are raised and manners. Nothing more or nothing less.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing new about this type of behavior. Remember an incident in a Fish and Chip shop in Newport News, Va when lived there back in the early 70's. That is why I could never work in retail sales, someone would get their jaws smacked.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

I would ask you to describe her but I feel like the mental picture you gave me from the story is accurate enough. The thing is this behavior is not new its just we have something to blame it on right now. 

Its Karen

karen-meme-1

 

  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 1gewehr said:

Trying to reason with that kind of person is useless.  Like wrestling with a pig; 'you get tired and muddy and the pig has fun'.

A LONG time ago I had a friend who owned a successful sandwich shop.  Difficult customers got a dab of Wasabi on their BLT or Monte Cristo.  Really difficult customers were refused service and shown the door.  You probably couldn't get away with that today.

I believe in the Soup Nazi approach. NO SOUP FOR YOU!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The world has been crazy for a long, long time. The current situation is just bringing more of it to the top. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering the status of what's going on these days I would expect as you go out in public you will be seeing more of that as the spoiled brats have come out of Mothers basement and are now emboldened to act that way because they can. It's something we will have to get use to in the future I would imagine. All I can say is just learn to ignore them and don't give them an excuse to be worse. Attention is what they are seeking and best action is don't give them what they are seeking!!…..JMHO

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Johnny Rotten said:

Its Karen

karen-meme-1

 

Not to bash you, I'm new here so idk, you may just be being ironic. But I have a wife and daughter. 

The idea that it's improper for them to ask for the manager when they received bad service from the employee, just because they're white, and now a camera can be put into their face, they can be insulted and threatened, and then have their future stolen from them, all for being a white woman who expected the service offered by the business, it just doesn't sit well with me. And it should not sit well with you.

Have some respect for your wives and daughters, gentlemen, don't use the Karen slur.

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Confused What Is It GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 1gewehr said:

Trying to reason with that kind of person is useless.  Like wrestling with a pig; 'you get tired and muddy and the pig has fun'.

A LONG time ago I had a friend who owned a successful sandwich shop.  Difficult customers got a dab of Wasabi on their BLT or Monte Cristo.  Really difficult customers were refused service and shown the door.  You probably couldn't get away with that today.

Who said reason with them. I'm okay with getting kicked out with them. Dropping F- bombs one inch from their face isn't out of the question. The next time they think about acting like a spoiled child in public I want them to have flashbacks and call their therapist. I've had it with humans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CornPop said:

Not to bash you, I'm new here so idk, you may just be being ironic. But I have a wife and daughter. 

The idea that it's improper for them to ask for the manager when they received bad service from the employee, just because they're white, and now a camera can be put into their face, they can be insulted and threatened, and then have their future stolen from them, all for being a white woman who expected the service offered by the business, it just doesn't sit well with me. And it should not sit well with you.

Have some respect for your wives and daughters, gentlemen, don't use the Karen slur.

I have a wife and daughter to how weird it that!

Its the 4th have a burger and a beer, celebrate life.

I'm headed to the movies tonight with the wife, grand opening....

86306469

 

 

  • Dislike 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This happened to me a couple days ago.  I went to Popeyes and ordered a spicy chicken sandwich and fries.  When I got home, I began eating the sandwich and discovered it had no spice.  I called and spoke to a manager, she said just come by and get the correct sandwich.  I asked do I need my receipt, she said no, just say I spoke to a manager.  So I went back, and the first thing the window clerk said (after I explained the mixup) is "Do you have your receipt?" and "where is the other sandwich".  I explained what the manager had told me, she called to someone, and here comes another kid, and he tells me "where is my sandwich" .  No less than four people came to the window all asking the same thing, even after explaining I had already bit into the other sandwich.  I finally got my correct sandwich, but it was handed to me real reluctantly and in a rude manner.  I wasn't going to make a fuss there at the window and be labeled a racist, and feel even corporate will get me nowhere, so just let it go.  But it just goes to show you that customer service has gone to poop, but so have customers and it's up to each of us to step away.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The drive through is the worst place to get food and get 2 miles down the road and see that your order is wrong.  I agree that it can be tedious to take back food or complain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Quavodus said:

The drive through is the worst place to get food and get 2 miles down the road and see that your order is wrong.  I agree that it can be tedious to take back food or complain. 

Leo Getz: They f#&* you at the drive-thru, okay? They f#&* you at the drive-thru! They know you're gonna be miles away before you find out you got f#&* ed! They know you're not gonna turn around and go back, they don't care. So who gets f#&*ed? Ol' Leo Getz! Okay, sure! I don't give a f#&* ! I'm not eating this tuna, okay?"

Edited by E4 No More
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2020 at 10:28 AM, owejia said:

That is why I could never work in retail sales, someone would get their jaws smacked.

To anyone that hasn't dealt with the public. You haven't a clue as to what you are missing. A bunch of really good customers that you enjoy dealing with and a few soreheads that you couldn't please them if you gave them a million dollars. But the good customers outweigh the bad ones!!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2020 at 8:32 PM, Johnny Rotten said:

I have a wife and daughter to how weird it that!

Its the 4th have a burger and a beer, celebrate life.

I'm headed to the movies tonight with the wife, grand opening....

86306469

 

 

On one level, I get it, it's a funny meme. 

But on the other hand, all of the "Kens and Karens" who have been cancelled lately did absolutely nothing wrong. For the 'crime' of sticking up for themselves when they're wronged, they have been cancelled, lost their careers, have significant legal fees, and could lose their freedom.

This situation is far more dangerous than I think many people realize. Talk to someone who lived through Castro's Cuban Revolution, or others. It's the same thing happening here. 

It will continue until someone stops it, and right now no one is stopping it. If you try to stop it, the meek cops who kneel to rioters will suddenly put on their jack boots to stomp all over you. Your thin blue line flag won't get you any favors.

You no longer have the right to self defense, or to call the police when you're threatened. And the Karen meme is assisting in this cultural shift.

  • Like 3
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Dirtshooter said:

To anyone that hasn't dealt with the public. You haven't a clue as to what you are missing. A bunch of really good customers that you enjoy dealing with and a few soreheads that you couldn't please them if you gave them a million dollars. But the good customers outweigh the bad ones!!

Dealt with a smaller segment of the public, Owned my own business and my customers were hard working productive people that were very happy when my work got them back up and operating again. Only complaint I had about my customers was, should fix their problem "project" first even though others were ahead of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Dirtshooter said:

To anyone that hasn't dealt with the public. You haven't a clue as to what you are missing. A bunch of really good customers that you enjoy dealing with and a few soreheads that you couldn't please them if you gave them a million dollars. But the good customers outweigh the bad ones!!

My wife and I ran a small gift shop in the late 8s and early 90s. Located in a well known mall. Like most smaller operations, we made our income from October thru December and barely broke even the rest of the year. Not complaining, that's just the way of things.

To paraphrase what Dirtshooter says, the public, i.e. our/your typical customer is usually a pleasant, decent sort of person that we enjoyed dealing with. We had built up a fair base of repeat customers, and they were a joy to see and we counted them as friends and treated them so when they came in.

Then there are those who don't like this item or that one. This color is wrong. It's perfect or it's a disgusting piece of crap, why would anyone want that in their homes.

Then there's the " that's too high and related crowd." You learn to deal with them as best you can.

But there are always the ones who cannot be served in a decent manner. Rude, insolent, abrasive and obnoxious.  You can on most all of them just grin and bear it. 

Then you have "that" one you just want to smack with a bat. But all you can do is at most ask them to leave.

Makes a person go a bit bat#### crazy after a while.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

The Fine Print

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines