Be vigilant. The crazies are coming out.

Try being a city employee. You're invisible until your work happens to slightly inconvenience some citizen. Especially on residential streets. Then they go completely nuts! I don't know how many times I've heard "I pay your salary!"聽馃檮

• Like 4
On 7/4/2020 at 8:50 AM, nightrunner said:

Mama always said, be as nice and kind as you possibly can to the people that touch your food. 馃槈

That and also the person at the airline ticket counter.聽 聽 I have no proof, but suspect after witnessing folks giving crap to the ticket agent, they might have physically gotten to their destination, but I bet their luggage didn't...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Trekbike said:

That and also the person at the airline ticket counter.聽 聽 I have no proof, but suspect after witnessing folks giving crap to the ticket agent, they might have physically gotten to their destination, but I bet their luggage didn't...

I used to have to fly once a week for work, every week. I've seen some crazy stuff in airports, and I've even participated on occasion.聽

The most irate I've ever seen anyone is when they have a carry-on that's too big to fit in the overhead. The gate agent won't let them down the jetway until they unpack part of it, or gate check it.聽

I have seen three irate women, pitching a fit. Of course, one of these women repacked her carry-on halfway down jetway.

So of course it didn't fit in the overhead bin. This woman literally caused the flight to miss it's window and we ended up having to wait a half an hour to get underway.聽

The 19th amendment was a mistake.

Edited by CornPop
  • Haha 1

I'm so glad I no longer have to deal with the populace at large in a wholesale manner. My interactions these days involve people who typically want to see me. They tend to mostly be polite. Nice change.

Now dont get me wrong, I love all the women in my life, and if I offend, well to bad

A woman's life is run by emotion, man's life is run on logic. If you ask me to explain you would still not understand.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
On 7/4/2020 at 7:38 AM, alleycat72 said:

The problem is that no one called her out on it. Everybody probably stood around and looked uncomfortable. If all of the customers in the place "explained" to her that her actions were unacceptable some of this would stop. By not saying anything she has been given permission to act like this anytime she feels like it.聽

Be the gray man.聽 Be the gray man.聽聽 Be invisible or at the very least not noteworthy or deserving of attention, have an exit strategy, and let the police handle the lunatics until you have no choice to handle them yourself.

• Like 5
7 hours ago, TomInMN said:

I thought we were supposed to respect our wives and daughters??

You don't respect women by just letting them do whatever fanciful thing pops into their heads, or by letting them run society.

Remember what caused the 2015 Eueopean migrant crisis? A father wanted to get free dental care in Europe, so he loaded his family on a dinky raft and set out across the Mediterranean. The raft sank, his son's bodywashed ashore, and there was a famous photo.

Merkel says "let them come" as she became overwhelmed by estrogen.

Weird that I say respect women, and you hear "we must obey women at all times."

• Wow 1
6 hours ago, CornPop said:

You don't respect women by just letting them do whatever fanciful thing pops into their heads, or by letting them run society.

Remember what caused the 2015 Eueopean migrant crisis? A father wanted to get free dental care in Europe, so he loaded his family on a dinky raft and set out across the Mediterranean. The raft sank, his son's bodywashed ashore, and there was a famous photo.

Merkel says "let them come" as she became overwhelmed by estrogen.

Weird that I say respect women, and you hear "we must obey women at all times."

I was sure you were going to go with some variation of "Guys, I was just kidding about women voting. That Karen thing really is offensive though, please stop."

I woulda lost money on that bet...

• Haha 1
On 7/4/2020 at 1:14 PM, Grayfox54 said:

The world has been crazy for a long, long time. The current situation is just bringing more of it to the top.聽

I agree Fox!! It's been a long long time since anything was close to what anyone could call normal!!! I don't know about most folks but if people have really been paying attention to what has been allowed to go on in cities with Democratic mayors and states with Democratic Governors all ordering their law enforcements departments to stand down when the protests and riots arrive in their towns and states and not take any actions. Well over the 4th weekend a little 8 years old black girl was targeted and shot and killed along with several other people. The Governor called up the National Guard to regain law and order in Atlanta and Georgia but it was a lot to late as the damage was done. The Black female mayor said that she does not know why they would killed an 8 year old baby girl and that was worse then anything the police would have done yet she was the one that told the police to stand down. In each city where damage and death took place in riots there was a Democrat Mayor that told their police departments to stand down. The Mayor in DC actually proved to everyone that she is a racist by painting BLM on the street leading to the White House and renaming it Black Lives Matter Plaza. I sincerely hope that on election days all Americans remember all of these actions and vote accordingly to remove them and move right up the ladder and vote a bunch of House members out while they are at it!!! They have proven what they believe and now it's time for all true Americans to show what they believe and we take our country back!!!

5 hours ago, TomInMN said:

I was sure you were going to go with some variation of "Guys, I was just kidding about women voting. That Karen thing really is offensive though, please stop."

I woulda lost money on that bet...

Do you think it's any coincidence that shortly after 19A and it's equivalent, most western nations imploded into two world wars where the best men were sent off to die for nothing?