Wearing a face mask in public? A Poll.

Wearing a face mask in public?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support or oppose the wearing of face masks in public to help slow the spread of Covid-19?

• Yes. I support wearing face masks in public.
    • No, I oppose wearing face masks in public.

I'd like to add a personal experience. Last year I came down with a flu big of some sort. About 5 or 6 days in I really took a turn and was unable to get my breath. Never had anything like it. I drove myself to the ER and spent about 4 hours there and came home with a grocery list of drugs including steroids and inhalers. It took almost 6 weeks to get to the point where I just felt crappy. If this current bug is anything like that or worse then you really don't want it. It was 6 months before I began to feel better. So dO guess this latest big has me a little jiggy...

• Like 3
  • Authorized Vendor

If I have to go out in public I'll wear one. It's my choice. What I do resent is all the armchair doctors acting like they know everything when it comes down to wearing one or not as well as being told I must. I'm old, have underlying heath issues as well as my wife. Even the health "professionals" can't agree and have in fact lied to the public so who knows for sure what's real or what's not? I don't advocate shutting things down cause if I were young I'd rather be working and taking precautions than sitting on my ass on the dole collecting government cheese. Since I'm old with underlying issues I choose to stay at home as much as possible. It's not like I'm bored at home with nothing to do. There is always more to do than I like.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Raoul said:

I'd like to add a personal experience. Last year I came down with a flu big of some sort. About 5 or 6 days in I really took a turn and was unable to get my breath. Never had anything like it. I drove myself to the ER and spent about 4 hours there and came home with a grocery list of drugs including steroids and inhalers. It took almost 6 weeks to get to the point where I just felt crappy. If this current bug is anything like that or worse then you really don't want it. It was 6 months before I began to feel better. So dO guess this latest big has me a little jiggy...

When last year?  

A nasty bug of similar description passed through here Nov-Jan.  Personally, I think it was C-19, which helps explain the relatively low impact its had here since. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, peejman said:

When last year?  

A nasty bug of similar description passed through here Nov-Jan.  Personally, I think it was C-19, which helps explain the relatively low impact its had here since. 

It was last spring. The symptoms including the respiratory part match. And I was left with a diminished sense of taste and smell which I still have.

• Like 1