Glock perfection? Help!

3 minutes ago, Steelharp said:

Customer racked the slide and that happened. 

Suuuure... The "customer"... 😁

You're just kinda gonna have to coax it off the front. Might put the rear of the slide on a countertop, so the muzzle is pointed at the ceiling.

Edited by TomInMN
Added emoji so I don't look like a jerk...
2 hours ago, Garufa said:

So a “customer” racked the slide, it jumped off the rail, and the guide rod busted out the front?

The salesperson that was handling the customer said he racked the slide and that happened. I was not looking at the sale in progress because I was taking care of someone else. I can only go on what I was told. 

have you taken out the pins yet ? It looks like they are out. I'd do that and try to remove the rear slide plate cover to pull the striker out. Also , keep pressing the trigger anytime it resets itself while you are messing with it along with pulling down the slide-lock (disassembly lever). 

But, but, Glocks are perfect! :D 

Just had to throw that in out there.  They are great guns. I own a Gen 2 17.  It's my longest owned pistol.  Had it since 90'. But just like all the rest of them, they do have issues from time to time.

• Like 1

Not sure what the customer did or what is going on with that gun, but that result can happen when you are putting the slide back on the gun and the guide rod is too low in the  barrel lug or off center or they miss the front frame rails with the slide.  I would suspect something more than just a slide getting racked happened.  

Edited by deerslayer
  • Like 1

Seen that plenty of times. If you are able to dry fire the gun it will sometimes drop the slide right off. Other times you have to work if just right I’m conjunction with a dry firing and it will come off. 

Let us know what happens. I am interested. We went to gen 5 G17's at work 2 years and I havent seen this happen yet. I do know that when I take the slide off my Gen 5 17 , once I pull the slide back and pull down on the slide LOCK AKA take-down-lever , the slide can come off only half way forward instead of having to push it off all the way. I think it's because of the slide-STOP cuts on both sides.