Ladies argumentative advice needed

Guest mark_justmark

Guest mark_justmark

We need argumentative advice for a friend who is wanting to carry a pistol. She has three kids, 5 year old boy and 3 year old twins boy and girl. She is constantly traveling on the road between Nashville and Memphis alone with the kids between her in laws.

Her grandfather and dad were robbed in Jackson, TN, so the guys got HCPs and started carrying. Now she wants to carry also.

The problem is the no one in her family wants her to carry because the kids might get it and harm themselves. No one, not her husband, who shoots, Her grandfather and dad, who both carry, and of course the grand mothers.

I told her to tell them she is her own person and can do what she wants. Take a HCP class and get the pistol she wants. She has a .22 target pistol she bought on her own years ago but wants to get what she feels is a real self defensive carry pistol.

I have a feeling she is going to do what she wants but I was just hoping some other ladies can offer some points to help her keep things smooth with the family.

Thanks,

Mark

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Phantom6

Tell her to purchase a small frame revolver like a Taurus 851 SS or a small semi like a Walther PPS in .40 cal. or 9MM, take a HCP class and an intermediate defensive pistol class then keep it in her purse and tell no one cause it's no one's business but hers. Shame on her husband and family for not wanting her to be able to protect herself and the kids! If someone finds ablut the pistol and or classes tell her to tell them to pi$$ off cause it's nobody's business but hers.

Guest Archimedes

I've seen a walther that had some sort of built-in lock...

Maybe a plain lock or small gun safe for storing it at home?

Those kids are pretty young, but it's not too soon to start educating them about the difference between toy guns and the tool that could save all their lives one day.

~archi

Good for her! She should go ahead and do it if that is what she feels like she should do. I wish my wife was as determined to carry as this lady. I have been trying for several years to get my wife to do this but so far have not succeeded. She may be slowly coming around but its not close yet.

Tell her to ask her husband and the rest of those hypocritical ass clown this question:

"What is safer? Me carrying a gun safely to protect myself from rape, murder or both and our children from any danger we might face or to not carry and risk all of the above with no chance to defend ourselves?"

If they say no then tell her to get a divorce, take the kids, take his money and spend some of it on the permit class and a brand new gun.

Guest Angel 24/7

Good for her. She should have the right to protect her and her children. I have a 12 yr old & a 4yr old. I carry it on my person or in the safe in the house. If she is on the interstate put it in the seat next to her. They are in their seat belts.(mine sit in the backseat). I am on the interstate every week, that is what I do. I always put it back on if we get out, my seatbelt covers where I keep it.

Good luck to your friend

Guest Mrs Shima
Tell her to purchase a small frame revolver like a Taurus 851 SS or a small semi like a Walther PPS in .40 cal. or 9MM, take a HCP class and an intermediate defensive pistol class then keep it in her purse and tell no one cause it's no one's business but hers. Shame on her husband and family for not wanting her to be able to protect herself and the kids! If someone finds ablut the pistol and or classes tell her to tell them to pi$$ off cause it's nobody's business but hers.

+1!!! This gal needs to do what she wants and what feels right for her.

Guest mark_justmark

We showed her the posts you all sent, Thanks a bunch. She liked yours

Ms. Angel and REALLY liked DRM's post. She got both the grandmothers on

that one. By the time the kids can physically handle a self

loading/auto pistol, they should've matured enough to understand the

difference between a toy and a tool.

Boatman, I guess she really got motivated when her grandfather and dad

were robbed in Jackson, TN, and seeing the decline of her old

neighborhood in east Memphis.

They live out in a sparse rural area so when she is alone with the kids

she was wanting to keep the pistol on her most of the time instead of

in a safe. So I guess when bucko husband comes home he can protect them

with his macho BS, without her help?

Guest OttoMaddox

How bout a biometric safe for between the seats? Easy access and childproof.

http://www.amazon.com/GunVault-MiniVault-Deluxe-Safe-GV1000C-DLX/dp/B000O8Q40S/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1235326086&sr=8-2

or a keyed one?

http://www.center-of-mass.com/Store_InCarGunSafe.htm

I don't mean to plug these sellers BTW, just looking for the products. Do any of our member vendors carry these?

• 3 months later...
Guest FiddleDog

I'd think that with 2 children running around, the safest place for a gun would be on her person, condition 3, or a good DAO revolver. Of course she would need to dress around the gun, but I think that most people that carry daily do that anyways.