Thumper updates

I never was much into rifles, but do own a couple .22s and kept an AK47 around mainly for security purposes, along with an AK pistol in 5.56. 
I recently had thoughts of selling the latter (
prices are nutz right now) and buying an AR pistol, thinking that such would be much lighter. But without doing a custom AR build and spending $$$ on ultra-light skeletal parts, they still weigh-in @ 7lbs or so.
I decided to instead do a few cheaper upgrades to my M85, mostly because I wanted something "new" without going broke and it's much cheaper/easier (and fun) to make changes to what you already have...sorta like when the wife wants a new living-room and you end up just painting walls and rearranging the furniture.  lol
Mainly what's new is the paint/stenciling, handguard & brace....mainly. The OD color is most "true" in the vertical pic.
T'was a fun project to tinker on. I have several plain PMAGs but after the hysteria subsides I'll shop around for OD Hex mags.... stencil'n is a PITA en masse. 

Pap-side_sm.thumb.jpg.1a3c15ab0482124023a35a21bc6f1e6f.jpg
Pap-vert_sm.thumb.jpg.84ee98d161d01177a613ea459a3d65aa.jpg

"Thumper" -- Zastava Yugo/Serbian M85 PAP pistol - 5.56x45 
CNC Warrior 4pc brake
CNC Warrior rail kit  
FAB AG-47 Ergo Grip
Hunters OD paint over Acid Tactical stencils
Magpul G2 PMAG
Manticore Renegade Handguard w/DXVP angled grip
NEBO barrel clamp-mount w/OxyLED MD20 light
Primary Arms MD-07 optic on QD mount
Shockwave-style brace w/dust-cover
  • Like 1
On 7/6/2020 at 4:38 PM, Capbyrd said:

Man, thats cool and all but this thread was a massive letdown. 

Sorry....I can take my "Thumper" to most any range, whereas you'd have a real problem there with an M79.

4 minutes ago, Mamba said:

Sorry....I can take my "Thumper" to most any range, whereas you'd have a real problem there with an M79.

Spikes is selling a 37mm one now.   Should be plenty of places to take that.  haha

• Like 1