Anyone Got an Opinion on this LGS

Moped

Anyone dealt with Robertson Trading Post in Henderson?  I noticed on GOA, that they have several pistols I'm possibly interested in.  I might be up for a trip to Henderson to check them out.  Are they open to the public or doing online ordering only?  Are they good people to deal with?

• Like 1

I went there once a couple of years ago for a set of hard to find grips they had. You have to ring a bell and tell them why you want in. The place is more of a warehouse than a store. Cluttered and difficult to find stuff in. I think about 95% of their business is internet sales. The folks there were friendly enough. But I suggest you call first and let them know you are coming. 

• Like 2

I bought 3 firearms from them. 2 purchases in 2012. Another in 2013. I called ahead and made sure they had them in stock. I told them I was coming from Middle Tn . I got there and rang the bell on the door. They let me in and I was able to look at the gun before I bought it cause it was a used pistol. I paid in cash and did the background check and was out in under 20 minutes. Very good place. It is like a order online type place but you can pick it up in person too. But there weren't many on display.  Kinda like Mid South Shooters Supply. You mainly order online but can still pick it up in person.  Just call ahead to make sure you can still do that.  

• Like 2

Updates during COVID - 19

Thank you for your patience. During the COVID-19 health emergency, we are operating with the following changes:

• We are not open for local pickup at this time. 
  • Currently we are only processing online orders.
  •  
  • Call 731-989-7641
  •  
  • james@robertsontradingpost.com
  •  
  • john@robertsontradingpost.com
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, hughd said:

Updates during COVID - 19

Thank you for your patience. During the COVID-19 health emergency, we are operating with the following changes:

• We are not open for local pickup at this time. 
  • Currently we are only processing online orders.
  •  
  • Call 731-989-7641
  •  
  • james@robertsontradingpost.com
  •  
  • john@robertsontradingpost.com

Yeah, I saw that.  I was really hoping to avoid a transfer fee and I wanted to look at the pistols.  They are surplus.  I'd rather be the one that picks as opposed to paying some one another $25  to hand select out of 10 or so, or for someone to just grab one and send it to me.

• Like 2
On 7/7/2020 at 9:34 AM, Grayfox54 said:

I went there once a couple of years ago for a set of hard to find grips they had. You have to ring a bell and tell them why you want in. The place is more of a warehouse than a store. Cluttered and difficult to find stuff in. I think about 95% of their business is internet sales. The folks there were friendly enough. But I suggest you call first and let them know you are coming. 

I guess times change, and Robertsons with it. I've  bought once from them online and seemed like I was the long lost brother returning home.  Next time...not so much. poor service and acted like not interested in my business.

Last time I found something I wanted from them, I was told I couldn't come to their store, it was online only. Now granted that's been a couple of years back, but that's my experience with them.

• Like 1

Several years ago they used to have a pretty good inventory of some interesting stuff like S&W revolvers. I always wanted to stop by there on my way to Tunica, but my wife was always in a hurry to go gambling.

• Like 1