On-demand 3D printing service

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

So what's a hulk sac run these days ?

If you mean weight like @TomInMN, then they're about 3.2 ounces or 90 grams.  (I know because the software I use tells me the amount of plastic that goes into it). If you mean price I'll make some for $12, it takes about 6 hours to print off and make them look good, then all I do is add a screw and nut so you can mount them up. I can ship them flat rate for $7.65 from a small flat-rate box or if you're close to the Loudon, Lenoir city area I can just meet you and give them to you. the physical size is about 3.5" high by 3" wide. I have blue, light blue, red, green, white, black, and yellow colors on hand. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just now, Loudcherokee said:

Here's one on Thingverse 

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2488944

LC

Nice! I was just about to post that same link. I don't see why I couldn't do it. As of right now I have two prints in the queue both are gonna take about a day for print and post processing. I can slice these and check the time to print and can pm you. We can work out a reasonable price and what kind of materials you want. Etc.. 

Sure just let me know. I'm not sure what kind of material it calls for but I think it has to be somewhat sturdy and the finish has to be pretty slick on the bearing surfaces. There is another one out there with some enhancements using bearings. Let me see if I can find that one. The tubes are from the Lee case feeder and would need to be purchased separately i know that much at least lol. 

LC

1 minute ago, Loudcherokee said:

Sure just let me know. I'm not sure what kind of material it calls for but I think it has to be somewhat sturdy and the finish has to be pretty slick on the bearing surfaces. There is another one out there with some enhancements using bearings. Let me see if I can find that one. The tubes are from the Lee case feeder and would need to be purchased separately i know that much at least lol. 

LC

I would probably make it out of ABS or PLA+ to keep it as strong as possible. Since I haven't done this before and it does require a lot of mating parts I would probably ship it to you and have you try it out before you commit to paying for it. If it doesn't work I'll adjust as you give me feedback until we get it down. you being satisfied with what you have is my number one concern. 

11 minutes ago, Mseals22 said:

I would probably make it out of ABS or PLA+ to keep it as strong as possible. Since I haven't done this before and it does require a lot of mating parts I would probably ship it to you and have you try it out before you commit to paying for it. If it doesn't work I'll adjust as you give me feedback until we get it down. you being satisfied with what you have is my number one concern. 

I'm actually in Harriman so wouldn't bother with shipping since we're close enough to meet.

That sounds cool. I'll look around and try to source some tubes. Depending on which design you go with I'll wait to figure out what hardware is needed (screws, bolts, bearings, etc). 

There's also a design for a case collator out there somewhere to help load the tubes. 

This, if I'm not mistaken, is a video of the first one in action. 

LC

Archived