Knives, axes, cutlery, sharp stuff

2 hours ago, Shorty said:

I've really liked my ZT350.  It seemed big at first in my pocket, but it's flat and takes up less space than you would think. I never leave home without it now.

ZT makes some really sweet looking knives! I always tend to carry a knife a little on the larger side. My current EDC is a spyderco para2 and a cold steel frenzy. The frenzy is long but its thin so I slip it in my waist band and it fits like a glove.

All depends on what your budget is and style of knife you like , I have pretty much carried everything but lately Protech TR3, TR4 and a Benchmade AFO2 I rotate those 3 out , a lot of folks still do not realize that switchblades became legal to carry here in Tennessee back in 2014 automatics are just more fun to EDC  in my opinion 

Edited by willis68
15 hours ago, nightrunner said:

Just picked up a Benchmade Adamas 275 and I’m really liking it so far. Very beefy knife. One I have now is black, thinking of picking up the tan auto version.

Those are cool, a guy sent me a couple to sharpen I really like the auto version you will love it 

• Like 1

I carry a Kershaw kryo which gets most of the abuse. I also carry a small Boker folder for more precision work. My Leatherman has a blade but I rarely use it. 

I've also got a CRKT Woods Chogan thats proven to be a quite handy little camp axe. 

i-9bNTqQz-X2.jpg

Edited by peejman
  • Like 3
48 minutes ago, peejman said:

I carry a Kershaw kryo which gets most of the abuse. I also carry a small Boker folder for more precision work. My Leatherman has a blade but I rarely use it. 

I've also got a CRKT Woods Chogan thats proven to be a quite handy little camp axe. 

i-9bNTqQz-X2.jpg

That's a sweet axe! I was looking at tomahawks about a week back most were either too small to use, or too big to be a "tomahak", and ton of them had fiberglass handles. It looks like crkt makes a good selection at a really good price. The Chogan looks awesome!

I have literally a whole drawer full of knives. They include Kabars, Helle, ESEE, Bokers, Keyshawn’s, Spydercos, Cold Steels, CRKT, Gerbers, Svords etc.

I’m 57 years old. I love to camp, hike and kayak. And my two constant companions in the outdoors, the last 5 or 6 years are a Victorinox Deluxe Tinker and a Mora Companion HD. Neither knife costs me more than $25. And the Deluxe Tinker does double duty as my everyday EDC. 

I also have a Buck 110 that rides in my truck, but it’s not been out in a year or so. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Mseals22 said:

That's a sweet axe! I was looking at tomahawks about a week back most were either too small to use, or too big to be a "tomahak", and ton of them had fiberglass handles. It looks like crkt makes a good selection at a really good price. The Chogan looks awesome!

That's why I got one. Not too big, not too small. I wanted a hammer rather than a spike, much more useful for me.

Mine had handle issues when I got it, the head had peeled a bunch of the wood off during installation.  There's no way whoever did it didn't notice. I emailed them a pic and they sent me another handle. Luckily I was able to fix the original handle so now I have a spare. 

• Like 3