Followed me home and I'm gonna keep it.

tacops

I have been watching TGO classifieds for the east end of the state ads trying to find something on my short list to no avail.  I started hitting shops in a wide area over the last two weeks and today ran across a Springfield XD Mod 2 4" 9mm with an exceptional trigger on it.  It came home with me.  I was looking for a Sig P365XL and will continue to look for one at a decent price until one of those comes home with me.  I did find that after groping many makes and models there were several that appealed to me and my short list grew longer.  One thing I would like to mention is that yesterday I was in Knoxville Tactical.  They had more inventory than most and which is part of why my list of wants expanded.  Yet they did not have what I needed at this time.  

A young man in his mid 20s came in and wandered about for a bit and was approached by the store worker, another young man in his mid 20s who asked if he could help.  The customer stuttered and stammered at length and the more he spoke the more obvious it was that he knew absolutely nothing about firearms.  He openly stated that he was ignorant to firearms, never fired one, never owned one, and had always been anti gun.  He stated that he had come to realize that it was time he acquired one and become educated as to safe operation.  All of these statements were made in a stammered voice lacking confidence.  I tip my hat to the employee who was very understanding and took all the time in the world to question as to intended use in order to provide some suggestions for consideration.  I also listened as the employee stressed the importance of training and education being completed in preparation for ownership and offered means for such.  The customer became much more comfortable and inquisitive.  The young man was still in the store when I left and I feel confident that he was guided appropriately.  Never once did the employee display an air of superior knowledge or speak down to the customer, it was more like a "welcome to the fold brother" encounter.  This was only the third time I have been in that shop because it is quite a distance from my place.  I will return though. I was impressed.

So, if anyone on the east end of this great State needs to re-home a Sig P365XL I promise to feed it well. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, tacops said:

So, if anyone on the east end of this great State needs to re-home a Sig P365XL I promise to feed it well. 

You have chosen well and you will love it.  This is the finest small 9mm available, I believe.  Hope one comes your way soon.

• Like 1

I love to hear experiences like this. If you haven't already considered or done it, I would suggest seeing if you can contact the store owner and share that exact story. They should know what they are doing right and how good an employee they have.

Everyone seems to go that route when they have a problem, and it may be underappreciated in the other direction.

Have fun with the new toy.

• Like 2