MEECES!

Grayfox54

Ok, I admit to a strange fascination with the so-called "Mouse Guns". There's just something about these little, small caliber guns that appeals to me and over the years I've acquired several of them. 

Yeah, I know all the arguments against them. "If the bad guy realizes he's been shot...yadda,yadda,yadda." 🙄 However, these small guns do have their place. I think everybody should have a gun for those times when they can't carry a gun. ;)

The first thing you need to understand is that with these tiny, small caliber pistols is that you have to change tactics. Forget center mass. These guns are meant to be used at bad breath distances. Instead, stick the gun right in the bad guys face and pull the trigger. Several times. If you're lucky, the bullet may enter through an eye socket or sinus cavity and go directly into the brain resulting in immediate incapacitation. However, don't count on it. Instead, while the bad guy is distracted by this sudden pain and blood, you run like Hell! :eek:  Remember, the primary purpose of a self defense gun is to save your life. What happens to the bad guy is unimportant as long as you survive. 

.22 vs .25? Personally, I prefer the .25acp. The .22LR may have a slight power advantage, but the .25 is a center fire cartridge. We've all had rimfires that misfired. And frankly, in recent years, misfires with .22s seem to be more and more frequent. The center fire .25 acp is much more reliable.  However, in recent years several very small pistols have emerged in .32 acp caliber. Not long ago I acquired a Beretta 3032 Tomcat. Its pretty much the same size as Beretta's .22 and .25 DA/SA offerings in a better caliber. I'm still working with it, but so far, I've grown to like it. :up:

Do i recommend a mouse gun as a primary carry? No, of course not. However, there are times when discretion is called for due to dress or social circumstances. That's where these tiny pistols really shine. Then again, they also serve extremely well as a non-intrusive back-up. 

Here's my mouse collection. Sorry, I'm not much of a photographer. :shrug:

Ekd5scc.jpg

Left to right, top to bottom:

1. Raven 25 Auto: don't laugh. While they are the epitome of the cheap, saturday night special, the darn things work and are totally reliable.

2. PSP-25 (now called the PSA-25): An extremely well made licensed copy of the classic Browning Baby. I think it may be better as mine has a much better trigger.

3. Browning Baby: A true classic which many Police Officers carried as a back-up.

4. Colt Model 1908 Vest Pocket: another classic.

5. Beretta 950B Jetfire:  Yet another well known pocket pistol.

6. Beretta 3032 Tomcat: already mentioned 

7. Walther TPH: my only .22 as the .25 versions are extremely rare in the country often costing $1000 or more. :eek:

8. Taurus PT-25: a DAO copy of the Beretta design. 

Well, there you have it. My collection of Mouse Guns. Unlike Mr. Jinks, I love meeces to pieces! :D

Show us yours! ;)

Edited by Grayfox54
  • Like 6

I have a Bauer .25acp and a Keltec p3at that fit into my cycling jersey pocket and I don't notice them being there for when I am riding my bike. A weirdo stopped me while riding alone once in the middle of nowhere just to ask me if I carry a gun when I ride. I assured him so by reaching into my pocket without pulling it out and he decided to move along.

I'm the proud owner of a Keltec P32 .32ACP (currently on loan to my daughter) and a Ruger LCP (basically the same gun, just a tiny bit beefier).  The Mouse Guns have their place and everyone should own a couple or three. I wouldn't mind owning a nicer end .25 at some point.  Don't know that I would carry it much, but I think their kinda cool.

i like the jetfire.  hard to beat them for pocket carry.  when kel tec came out with the p32 and p3at the jetfire went into the safe.  the p3at is one of the best pocket pistol around.  so good ruger had to make one too. 

• Like 1

Great topic and thread! Thank you @Grayfox54!

@Moped started a thread on this a few years back remembering Marshall St.John's Mousegunner site.

Here's a link to that thread and his site.

http://www.mouseguns.com/index.htm

I've owned a Raven in 25 acp and it was indeed stupid reliable for such a cheap, and cheaply made, little handgun. Oh yeah, and a Jennings in .22!

And I actually carried an AMT .380 BU that was incredibly reliable with ball ammo. But that was back in the 1980's and I no longer have them.

I obviously need want an LCP! :)

Claude Werner, the esteemed "Tactical Professor", has some interesting and very positive things to say regarding Pocket Pistols and their role in civilian defensive shooting use in this Lucky Gunner/Chris Baker interview from 2018. Great discussion on Context!

https://tacticalprofessor.wordpress.com/2018/10/02/conversation-about-pocket-pistols/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 7/22/2020 at 5:22 AM, Jamie Jackson said:

Great topic and thread! Thank you @Grayfox54!

@Moped started a thread on this a few years back remembering Marshall St.John's Mousegunner site.

Here's a link to that thread and his site.

http://www.mouseguns.com/index.htm

I've owned a Raven in 25 acp and it was indeed stupid reliable for such a cheap, and cheaply made, little handgun. Oh yeah, and a Jennings in .22!

And I actually carried an AMT .380 BU that was incredibly reliable with ball ammo. But that was back in the 1980's and I no longer have them.

I obviously need want an LCP! :)

Claude Werner, the esteemed "Tactical Professor", has some interesting and very positive things to say regarding Pocket Pistols and their role in civilian defensive shooting use in this Lucky Gunner/Chris Baker interview from 2018. Great discussion on Context!

https://tacticalprofessor.wordpress.com/2018/10/02/conversation-about-pocket-pistols/

I remeber John being a member here, back in the day. He was a great man and a great resource.  Sad that we lost him.

I think the Tactical Professor really has some interesting points in this video. A lot of people think their gearing up for the OK Corral, type of gunfight, where you are standing and fighting it out to the death.  In some cases that might be true, but I agree with him that from a self defense stand point, out on the street, most of the time, all we really want to do is break contact with the attacker.  

Smaller handguns have a definite place in every person's aresenal.  And I also especially like the .32ACP, even though I currently sport a LCP in .380.  I'm actually faster and more accurate with the Keltec P32.  One of these days I will get another one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 7/21/2020 at 7:35 PM, MacGyver said:

Don’t forget the NAA minis.  They might be tiny - and reloads are out - but they’re well made pistols. 

I've had mine about ten years and it goes with me when a larger gun isn't possible to be carried.

I have a P3AT and LCP. Neither are especially fun to shoot, but the LCP is definitely nicer.  Both are plenty accurate. 

I pocket carry them when I feel deep concealment is necessary or I just don't feel like wearing a belt holster, much more common in hot weather. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, tnhawk said:

I've had mine about ten years and it goes with me when a larger gun isn't possible to be carried.

4 hours ago, peejman said:

I have a P3AT and LCP. Neither are especially fun to shoot, but the LCP is definitely nicer.  Both are plenty accurate. 

I pocket carry them when I feel deep concealment is necessary or I just don't feel like wearing a belt holster, much more common in hot weather. 

Well that's the whole point of a mouse gun. Its the gun you carry for those times when you can't carry a gun.  ;)

Truthfully, the only one I ever actually carry is the PSP-25. Its also the only one I bought new. This was back in the 1990s.  At the time I had a need for a very discrete pistol.  Its proven to be accurate and completely reliable and can fit in a shirt pocket if need be.  

• Like 1

I have had a few Mouse guns over the years but I always let someone talk me out of them. The only one I have I could call a Mouse gun is my Phoenix 22 and I do put it in my pocket when Darby and I go for walks even living out here in the sticks. I have probably put 500+ rounds down range with it and even though Fox has said that Rimfires will misfire and I have had that happen in long guns but I will have to say I have yet to have my Phoenix ever fail to feed or fail to fire and I have tried to get it to fail by using some really cheap ammo up to the CCI Stingers and it eats them like candy. I have tried to get it to malfunction by firing slow all the way to as fast as I can pull the trigger and it will eat the 10 round magazine up and want more. If I ever have to use it to defend myself I will empty the magazine into the perp and put a back up mag in that is with me in my pocket incase the perp wants more. It's a tad heavier than I like for a pocket gun but that comes with it being an all steel gun. I have been wanting another LCP. I have owned 3 of them and I have always let someone talk me into selling it to them. If I ever get my hands on another one I will own it till I die!!!

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 8:09 PM, nightrunner said:

I’ve been wanting a Seecamp 32 for the longest time, don’t come up for sale very often though...

There are about a dozen listed on Gun Brokers now. Have one myself in 32 that just rests in my gun safe.

I had the opportunity to shoot a desert eagle .50 for the first time thanks to a generous person who brought one to the range.  The recoil reminded me most of shooting a P3AT.

Personally I am fond of the little guns, along with NAA’s selection.

Edited by Refleks

I've had a "mouser" since that fateful day many years back when I walked into Specialty Arms II and found an LCP with a laser attached. Paid entirely too darn much for it, but it was just after the craze hit. 

Lightweght, snappy, and dependable. Expect to own it until I leave here.

I do have a funky greenish yellow keltec one that is so ugly I'm embarrassed to mention though.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hipower said:

I've had a "mouser" since that fateful day many years back when I walked into Specialty Arms II and found an LCP with a laser attached. Paid entirely too darn much for it, but it was just after the craze hit. 

I do have a funky greenish yellow keltec one that is so ugly I'm embarrassed to mention though.

"Come on man" Put a few pictures of the ugly little piece of art up!! Some folks like "UGLY"

• Like 1
2 hours ago, hipower said:

We want to see the fugly one!!! 

I carry my little LCP a lot.  In fact I might or might not have it in my pocket now. 😉

• Like 1
4 hours ago, hipower said:

"Krylon® Fusion All-In-One is a best-in-class product that bonds to difficult surfaces such as plastics and ready-to-assemble furniture without sanding or priming."

:shrug:

Edited by hughd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1