Lebanon Gun Show Aug. 1

52 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

Last one of those I went to was not worth the price of admittance so have not been to another one. I would not go again even if there was no pandemic!!

I hadn’t been to one in a while, so last year I thought I would go to the one in Murfreesboro. What a mess. The parking lot was packed over capacity and they were parking on side streets for blocks. They had a line out the front door and the inside looked packed to the gills.

I wanted to get a cowboy holster rig for my Blackhawk, and that’s something I need to see in person, not online. But I’m certainly not going to go with this mess going on, masks or no masks. 🙃

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

I hadn’t been to one in a while, so last year I thought I would go to the one in Murfreesboro. What a mess. The parking lot was packed over capacity and they were parking on side streets for blocks. They had a line out the front door and the inside looked packed to the gills.

I wanted to get a cowboy holster rig for my Blackhawk, and that’s something I need to see in person, not online. But I’m certainly not going to go with this mess going on, masks or no masks. 🙃

I don't blame you at all. I had a friend wanting pretty much the same thing and he went to a couple of them shows but didn't find one worth buying. He finally had a guy in Gallatin that does leather work make him what he wanted. It cost a little more than he wanted to pay but he said the guy did beautiful work and it was worth the extra few bucks when he saw it and how well it fit. Might be something you need to look into is having one custom made.

On 7/28/2020 at 12:01 PM, bersaguy said:

Last one of those I went to was not worth the price of admittance so have not been to another one. I would not go again even if there was no pandemic!!

Same here. That and the fact that the goon checking guns slammed my mint model 70 Winchester onto the table top ensures I won’t be back.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I was leaving Home Depot in Lebanon yesterday evening and there was a guy in a minivan gathering the gunshow signs in the area.  I didn't know if the show had been cancelled, or if he just didn't like the idea of a gun show. 

7 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Same here. That and the fact that the goon checking guns slammed my mint model 70 Winchester onto the table top ensures I won’t be back.

That’s ridiculous! I know you had to have been pissed, I am just from reading about it. 

Well, the gun show has not been canceled. Don't know what was up with the sign deal. I went this AM, Decent crowd, the usual fare of guns, knives, flea mkt stuff. Didn't see alot of folks walking around buy/sell/trading. I got there at 9, left about 10. Bought nothing.

Masks are requires, Wilson Co. mandate. Didn't see anyone without one. Didn't have any issues.

• Like 1

Got there about 10:30. Good crowd about 50/50 on masks it seemed. Bulk ammo was pricey, boxed self defense ammo was about what you'd expect at the gshop. Some tables were lined up with 3 or 4 waiting to complete paperwork. Walking around guns were priced kinda nutty. I saw a lot of cash changing hands. I'd say the vendors will be happy tonight. 

• Like 1