Possible issues obtaining permit.

Ok so I went to the class and easily passed both the classroom and range portions. Got to the driver license center today and it will be next week before I can get my fingerprints but after leaving the there and setting up my appointment time for my fingerprints my brain got to thinking about something... Will the one time I got in trouble when I was 14 keep me from getting my carry permit? It DID stop me from being able to join the military. I've never had any issues purchasing a firearm, any other issues at all from anything else for that matter so I was curious. I hope I just didn't loose $175 due to not thinking about this sooner.

I seriously doubt it unless you committed some heinous felony, and even then you were a juvenile.  If you can pass a background check to buy a firearm, it is highly unlikely there’ll be a problem.

Guess you’ll find  out soon enough.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DUXBUSTER said:

As long as it wasn’t a felony your ok. Misdemeanor is ok! Good luck.

Well it's been a long time, 23 years. But I do believe that one of the charges was a felony. Young and dumb and was with some people and decided we would break into an empty building and vandalize it. Not proud of it but I can say that experience and what my parents did straightened by butt out!!! Anyway I tried searching my name in the Arkansas court records and came up empty.

Guest BCR#1

All the military branches can pick the cream of the crop for their recruits these days. Even a GED diploma is a disqualifier now.

Bill