• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 8:57 PM, Jackalope said:

Or do a Form 1 .22 build.聽 The wait time for a Form 1 is 4-6 weeks versus 8-12 months for the Form 4's.

Why do all of you Form 1 junkies feel it necessary to crap on other people? 聽You don't know his situation or setup. 聽Maybe he doesn't have a trust and doesn't trust some fly by night internet lawyers to give solid legal counsel. 聽 Maybe he got a better deal on the YHM Mite than he could have possibly gotten on a Form 1 can. 聽 Just be happy for the man and move on. 聽Go preach to someone else.聽

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Capbyrd said:

Why do all of you Form 1 junkies feel it necessary to crap on other people? 聽You don't know his situation or setup. 聽Maybe he doesn't have a trust and doesn't trust some fly by night internet lawyers to give solid legal counsel. 聽 Maybe he got a better deal on the YHM Mite than he could have possibly gotten on a Form 1 can. 聽 Just be happy for the man and move on. 聽Go preach to someone else.聽

Superiority is an ugly thing, especially on the interwebz in the middle of a pandemic with an idiot in charge.聽

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
5 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

I wasn't crapping on anyone, I was providing an alternative.聽 I've done Form 4's, and the wait can be frustrating.聽 During these uncertain times, it's nice to have a working silencer in hand rather than having one at the FFL waiting for a stamp.聽 Not preaching to anyone, sorry I got your panties in a wad.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
7 minutes ago, Jackalope said:

聽Not preaching to anyone, sorry I got your panties in a wad.

calm down cheri oteri GIF

Be nice or be somewhere else.聽 Sharing solid information is always appreciated, but serving it up with a backhand just makes people stop listening and isn't consistent with the sort of atmosphere we try to maintain around here.

10 hours ago, Jackalope said:

I wasn't crapping on anyone, I was providing an alternative.聽 I've done Form 4's, and the wait can be frustrating.聽 During these uncertain times, it's nice to have a working silencer in hand rather than having one at the FFL waiting for a stamp.聽 Not preaching to anyone, sorry I got your panties in a wad.

I didn't take it as a bad post, it is definitely an alternative and something someone new Class III may not be aware of.聽 Personally, IF I ever file it will be a Form 1, but I see silencers as a toy right now, I don't need one to hunt, and I have a barrel rigged to quiet down reports while on the range so not in any hurry to acquire one.聽 I have all I need to make one but am waiting until some form of the Hearing Protection Act gets passed聽 and yea I know it may not happen, but that's ok too.

• Like 1
On 7/23/2020 at 8:57 PM, Jackalope said:

Or do a Form 1 .22 build.聽 The wait time for a Form 1 is 4-6 weeks versus 8-12 months for the Form 4's.

18 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

Why do all of you Form 1 junkies feel it necessary to crap on other people?

I must be missing something...

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, hughd said:

I must be missing something...

MemphisMason posted that he is already well into the wait on his form 4. 聽How does telling him to do a form 1 because it's quicker help anything. 聽He didn't come here to say "I feel ya, man" or "that's the worst part but its so worth it." 聽 No, he came here to brag about his way being better. 聽 And if you get around enough NFA discussions you see it from that group all the time. 聽Ever since solvent trap became a term, the Solvent Trap Mafia runs around telling everyone how their can is the best and quietest and fastest can on the market. 聽 There was no place for that in this discussion. 聽