Fairbairn–Sykes fighting knife

I thought this would be a good addition to my knife collection. While I’m not willing to invest in an original there are a couple of quality reproductions.

Sheffield Cutlery offers a reproduction in both a polished blade or black.

https://www.amazon.com/sheffieldcutleryshop-GENUINE-COMMANDO-SHEFFIELD-FAIRBAIRN/dp/B07CV21YG3/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=sheffieldcutleryshop&qid=1595509787&sr=8-2

EJZQNep.jpg

Gerber makes a spin off of this knife called the Mark II. It was used quite a bit in Vietnam. I don’t care for a serrated blade, and that appears to be the only way they make it. But I’ve been very happy with the quality of everything I’ve had from Gerber.

https://www.amazon.com/Gerber-Mark-II-Knife-22-01874/dp/B0017KXAGS/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2U67LTZBTLTCJ&dchild=1&keywords=gerber+mark+2&qid=1595511159&sprefix=Gerber+Mark%2Caps%2C178&sr=8-1

dA6k5vd.jpg

Please posts comments or pics of your fighting knifes.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Gerber makes a spin off of this knife called the Mark II. It was used quite a bit in Vietnam. I don’t care for a serrated blade, and that appears to be the only way they make it. But I’ve been very happy with the quality of everything I’ve had from Gerber.

Gerber does indeed make an unserrated version of this -- in fact, I'm pretty sure the original Mark II was unserrated -- but over the years there have been far more of the serrated versions produced.  Look on eBay and the knife auction sites and you can still find unserrated ones.

8 hours ago, willis68 said:

Thanks for the heads up. I just purchased one.

I watched a movie on Prime a few days ago about the six men who earned these daggers or similar prior to going on secret mission to steal German radar secrets. 

784DBF94-0FAC-404B-8212-CAC99844736C.thumb.jpeg.22206b972d67064a3dc1535e87787e8a.jpeg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Links2k said:

Thanks for the heads up. I just purchased one.

I watched a movie on Prime a few days ago about the six men who earned these daggers or similar prior to going on secret mission to steal German radar secrets. 

784DBF94-0FAC-404B-8212-CAC99844736C.thumb.jpeg.22206b972d67064a3dc1535e87787e8a.jpeg

How much was the shipping?

2 hours ago, alleycat72 said:

I was working on a pink Cuda with the 505 in it last night. I was having a few beers. Did you know a knife takes over a month to get here from  England?  

They say that, but you might be pleasantly surprised. We've ordered a few things from Ireland with similar shipping times.  They showed up in less than 2 weeks. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, peejman said:

They say that, but you might be pleasantly surprised. We've ordered a few things from Ireland with similar shipping times.  They showed up in less than 2 weeks. 

I’m in no rush. It will be just another box that shows up at my house.  With the wife working from home, the two of us have FedEx,UPS and USPS delivering something everyday.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Links2k said:

I’m in no rush. It will be just another box that shows up at my house.  With the wife working from home, the two of us have FedEx,UPS and USPS delivering something everyday.

That’s the thing I had knives coming from Virginia that took nearly a month with the way this pandemic is going you may get your knives quicker from England than from anywhere in the US best way to be is not be in a rush these days for anything 

Edited by willis68
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, willis68 said:

That’s the thing I had knives coming from Virginia that took nearly a month with the way this pandemic is going you may get your knives quicker from England than from anywhere in the US best way to be is not be in a rush these days for anything 

Ain't that the truth. I ordered something from a guy in Mich. on the 20th. Below is the tracking path for it.  It actually departed Detroit 3 days in a row (same message but date changed). Same thing in Nashua NH. with the top message.  Detroit to NH to western Tn. It's taking the scenic route.

Another one spent 3 days in the Baton Rouge, La. post office before it supposedly left. :waiting:

postal.png 

• Like 1