13 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

No way was I reflecting bad on Dad. 

How true Ronald. I remember a few things my dad told me and 1 was not to tarnish your good name, because that was basically all you had going for you. He said you screw up and lie or steal or whatever and you could move to California and that bad rep would follow you. It certainly isn't the same world we grew up in. At age 9 I would buy a box of .22 shorts for plinking and squirrel hunting for $0.39, now kids can't buy knives, spray paint or glue for model cars. What a sad state of affairs!!! And ponder on this for a minute or two, we all had our own guns or access to them and no-one that I know even thought about taking a gun to school to shoot anyone. What went wrong? It isn't the fact of easy access to guns, it is some societal problem. Possible a parental problem??

• Like 1

Oh yeah, kids today will try and kill other kids just because they get their feelings hurt a little. They can't take other kids messing with them some. It is awful that kids can't buy what kids did years ago. My father died when I was little but, my mother tried her best to teach me right from wrong. I think at least some of it stuck.😀

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Dirtshooter said:

How true Ronald. I remember a few things my dad told me and 1 was not to tarnish your good name, because that was basically all you had going for you. He said you screw up and lie or steal or whatever and you could move to California and that bad rep would follow you. It certainly isn't the same world we grew up in. At age 9 I would buy a box of .22 shorts for plinking and squirrel hunting for $0.39, now kids can't buy knives, spray paint or glue for model cars. What a sad state of affairs!!! And ponder on this for a minute or two, we all had our own guns or access to them and no-one that I know even thought about taking a gun to school to shoot anyone. What went wrong? It isn't the fact of easy access to guns, it is some societal problem. Possible a parental problem??

I could have picked out at least 10 cars and trucks in the high school parking lot that had at least a single shot shotgun in them. Especially during deer season. Some guys hunted before or after school. Heck I never even saw anyone pull a knife in a fight even if it was way lopsided. If you couldn't settle it with fists you got beat or ran away. 

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

I could have picked out at least 10 cars and trucks in the high school parking lot that had at least a single shot shotgun in them. Especially during deer season. Some guys hunted before or after school. Heck I never even saw anyone pull a knife in a fight even if it was way lopsided. If you couldn't settle it with fists you got beat or ran away. 

Same where I grew up, and it wasn't even very rural in parts of Middle Tn. Of course there was a lot of farming and many wooded areas to hunt and fish in. 

But I was never afraid of seeing a rifle or a shotgun hanging in the rear cab window of a truck. It was so normal that not having one there was out of place.

The only second looks they got was when a new(er) one appeared.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Dirtshooter said:

What went wrong? It isn't the fact of easy access to guns, it is some societal problem. Possible a parental problem??

I envy whoever has all the answers, but I do know that there is an immensely strong correlation to single motherhood and criminal behavior later in life. right now single motherhood is at an all time high. Kids are also doped up at the first sign of difficulty, if your kid wont pay attention the solution is to sterilize their personality, and make them a zombie by feeding them speed and other medications making them little sociopaths. Most mass shootings in schools are also gang related, they don't report on them, but often kids will try to shoot up their class mates because they are involved with a gang. Kids also have the ideas of being an outcast turn punisher romanticized through media, and when it does happen they get a months worth of news slots. A lot of these mass shooters were on the FBI's and local law enforcement's radars but they don't act for whatever reason. Some mass shootings I've seen evidence of in the past few years to look "non-organic" in nature. take that for what you will. 

• Like 1

When did we take God out of school?

When did we close the places where we sent the insane?

When did we start paying a woman to have a baby and not make the father pay for it? (if the mother wants the money from the father the courts will make that happen, however all to many times the mother will not want the father involved)

Back on track

Bought some Win service grade 7.62x51 at SMKW, 14.99/20 

They had some quality .308 as well, up to $22.99/20

223/556 spotted at Shoot Point Blank, I think it was $1.00+ per round per 20.

Yikes

Assorted 9mm, highest price was Fiocchi @$15.99, which seems normal for them.

Regarding .380, overhead the guy talking to another customer, it is gone within minutes of putting it on the shelf.

Unless I am mistaken, the folks buying all that .380 ain't practicing with it.

• Like 1