Small pistoll primers selling for $100.00 per 1000 on GB

Guest BCR#1

7 minutes ago, expendable said:

Selling or is that the bid price?

A lot of stuff I look at on there is posted high and never sells, they just keep reposting it. 

Sold. Actually most of them that sold appear to be around $150 per 1000.

I just saw 5,000 Winchester small pistol primers go for $750 on GB. I need to add that this is plus shipping of $20 also. That would bring it to $154 per 1,000.  Folks are desperate. I saw large rifle primers go for $150 back around '08.

Edited by Dirtshooter
addition
2 hours ago, Garufa said:

People have lost their minds.  15 cents for a primer?! 

You think that is bad I heard from more than 1 source when the .22 "shortage" occurred more that 1 brick of .22 was sold for $250, depending on if it was a 500 or 550 round box price per round would be $0.4545 to $0.50 each for .22lr. That is needing some .22 pretty badly.

23 minutes ago, Dirtshooter said:

You think that is bad I heard from more than 1 source when the .22 "shortage" occurred more that 1 brick of .22 was sold for $250, depending on if it was a 500 or 550 round box price per round would be $0.4545 to $0.50 each for .22lr. That is needing some .22 pretty badly.

The great .22 famine wasn’t that long ago and it was 100% based on hysteria. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, BCR#1 said:

Me too.

But would you sell every last primer that you had for money? I certainly would not. I will share with friends and sell to some for  just what I paid for them. I will not be a scalper. If these idiots keep doing this the ammo companies are going to raise prices thru the roof and say that we will pay whatever they charge us. Primers can be reused, it is a timely process, but it can be done.

12 minutes ago, Dirtshooter said:

But would you sell every last primer that you had for money? I certainly would not. I will share with friends and sell to some for  just what I paid for them. I will not be a scalper. If these idiots keep doing this the ammo companies are going to raise prices thru the roof and say that we will pay whatever they charge us. Primers can be reused, it is a timely process, but it can be done.

I have not seen gun manufacturers or ammo manufacturers raise their prices in any of these price jumps that gun owners created for themselves.

Unscrupulous retailers do it; and people continue to buy from them. (I’ll bet CTD can sell all the ammo they can get, and no one was ever going to buy from them again)

The good retailers just can’t keep ammo in stock. But the manufacturers can’t justify more manufacturing equipment, because this will end.

• Like 2
Guest BCR#1
44 minutes ago, Dirtshooter said:

I'm not selling a single primer for any amount of money. It's not my fault others who reload didn't have the foresight to stock up when they were available for cheap. I will "loan" a 1K box to a close friend with the understanding they have to replace them when thing are back to normal.

Bill

I've seen the past couple of weeks if you spend the time to check the usual sites pretty regularly you will run into small rifle primers, sometimes small pistol primers for 5 cents a primer at MOST. If you're paying that on GB you're not only getting taken you're being lazy. I'll pay 40 cents a round for 9 before i pay 15 cents for a primer. 

Guest BCR#1

Those buyers on GB are NOT being taken or gouged. The sellers are starting most auctions @ $.01 or $.99 and the buyers are bidding the price up to stupid levels. They're the desperate idiots who didn't plan ahead and got caught with their pants down and no primers to load with.

As the Duke said many years a go, "life is hard but it's harder if you're stupid"

Bill

18 hours ago, BCR#1 said:

Those buyers on GB are NOT being taken or gouged. The sellers are starting most auctions @ $.01 or $.99 and the buyers are bidding the price up to stupid levels. They're the desperate idiots who didn't plan ahead and got caught with their pants down and no primers to load with.

As the Duke said many years a go, "life is hard but it's harder if you're stupid"

Bill

Isn't it amazing how many folks who would normally champion free enterprise don't really understand how capitalism works ...

On 8/3/2020 at 6:18 AM, BCR#1 said:

Bill

I should rephrase my statement, "taken" isnt really the right way to put it. You're just paying more than what you could if get an ammoseek account and watch for them to pop up which they seem to do every couple weeks somewhere. You're right in that the market value is just the value right now. Supply is low, demand is high. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mseals22 said:

I should rephrase my statement, "taken" isnt really the right way to put it. You're just paying more than what you could if get an ammoseek account and watch for them to pop up which they seem to do every couple weeks somewhere. You're right in that the market value is just the value right now. Supply is low, demand is high. 

I can vouch for ammoseek. @Mseals22 told me about it so I set up an account. Within a week I was able to purchase 5k small rifle primers before they were gone. 

• Like 1

Well I just thought that $154 per 1,000 was high, I just saw on GB with 1hr 45min to go on auction for 2,000 CCI 500 SP primers the current bid is drum roll please $605 plus $30 shipping, or in laymens terms $317.50 per 1,000 or $0.3175 per primer. This person evidently needs some primers very badly and doesn't have ANY friends or even aquaintances that would loan or even sell at a measly $0.15 per primer. Hey Bill you are setting on a gold mine. If I see it going for more, I see a new boat in my future!! LOL

• Like 2