What would you do?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/video-pepper-spray-coronavirus-mask-san-diego-dog-park

I saw this story today and it got me to thinking. If you were assaulted, (which is what it is when you spray someone with pepper spray without the context of self-defense), what would you do? I was raised that you never hit a lady, but does a lady assault someone without just cause? Does age allow you to assault someone without cause? Does sex allow you to assault someone without cause? Do you walk away, call the police, or assault back?

The behavior of the man shows how effective pepper spray can be. Clearly it's not particularly debilitating. Funny how she leaves right after. I suspect she will be charged with assault.

As for beating her up...  not a chance. That'll get you your own mug shot to go along with hers. 

• Like 4
39 minutes ago, peejman said:

The behavior of the man shows how effective pepper spray can be. Clearly it's not particularly debilitating. Funny how she leaves right after. I suspect she will be charged with assault.

As for beating her up...  not a chance. That'll get you your own mug shot to go along with hers. 

So if someone assaults you, you wouldn't fight back? If someone shoots you would you not reciprocate? 

EDIT: BTW, pepper spray comes in various strengths. Bear strength is fairly common, and will eff you up pretty bad.

Edited by E4 No More

Depends on how serious the assault was.  In this case I would have walked away and let the police handle it.  It the assault was bad enough to do some serious damage then the gender of the assaulter does not matter.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, KahrMan said:

Depends on how serious the assault was.  In this case I would have walked away and let the police handle it.  It the assault was bad enough to do some serious damage then the gender of the assaulter does not matter.

If you ain't bleeding and the suspect ain't there you shouldn't expect the police to do much investigation. You might as well say that you'd walk away and blow it off.

• Like 2

I would have done just what they did, report it and have her arrested if they find her.

Would I have punched her out or escalated the violence? Not on your life, I would not have laid a hand on her.

He isn’t in danger. That’s a mental case with a can of pepper spray.

He’s as weird as she is, eating lunch with dogs crapping all around him.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, FUJIMO said:

In this particular case I wouldn't have done anything. Immediately after being sprayed my wife would've been running through her like a tornado through a trailer park instead of filming lol.

My wife as well.

We both smoked most of our life. Getting sprayed just might be life threatening.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
4 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

Or Illinois, New Jersey, Washington, Oregon, etc.

In all of those listed, as with California, I would agree only inasmuch as they all contain specific cities which are the problem. Chicago is a 💩hole, but Effingham, Mount Vernon, or the multitude of cities not in Chiraq metro, not so much. Same goes for Cali, WA, OR and believe it or not, even NJ. 

Keep that in mind as Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville, and Chattanooga drive us over the edge to get lumped into the same category as all the states you listed. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

In all of those listed, as with California, I would agree only inasmuch as they all contain specific cities which are the problem. Chicago is a 💩hole, but Effingham, Mount Vernon, or the multitude of cities not in Chiraq metro, not so much. Same goes for Cali, WA, OR and believe it or not, even NJ. 

Keep that in mind as Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville, and Chattanooga drive us over the edge to get lumped into the same category as all the states you listed. 

Just discussing this with a friend with the situation in VA right now. Having friends and customers south of the M/D line they are NOT a friend of their guvna and do their best to try and separate themselves from the % that put him where hes at. 

• Like 1

No doubt she deserves her teeth rearranged, but that's gonna earn you a very dad day with the law. Not to mention there could be some white knight lurking around that may decide milady is in trouble and would proceed to shoot or stab you. Best block: dont be there. Dont live anywhere where you have to take your dog to a dog park and interact with people. Maybe since this is clown world act like a clown, claim you are transgender lesbian woman with a medical condition and sue the #### out of her. *honk honk* 🤡

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

Yes, there are pockets in every state - like Austin in Texas. But we don't have two months of riots going unchecked in Tennessee. 

At the very least I would have disarmed her, and possibly, accidently of course, let her have the same treatment.  I get tired of these out of control people given a pass while the rest get hammered.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, E4 No More said:

So if someone assaults you, you wouldn't fight back? If someone shoots you would you not reciprocate? 

EDIT: BTW, pepper spray comes in various strengths. Bear strength is fairly common, and will eff you up pretty bad.

If she got physical I'd defend myself for sure, but I wouldn't "beat her up".  I'm not a big guy, but unless that 60-ish grandma has some secret mad ninja skills, I feel pretty comfortable that I could defend myself and hold her until the cops arrive if necessary. All those years wrestling can be useful occasionally. 

If she pulled a gun, she'd better be faster than me. If it was bear spray, I presume I'd be more concerned with taking care of that. Especially if someone had video. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, peejman said:

If she got physical I'd defend myself for sure, but I wouldn't "beat her up".  I'm not a big guy, but unless that 60-ish grandma has some secret mad ninja skills, I feel pretty comfortable that I could defend myself and hold her until the cops arrive if necessary. All those years wrestling can be useful occasionally. 

If she pulled a gun, she'd better be faster than me. If it was bear spray, I presume I'd be more concerned with taking care of that. Especially if someone had video. 

So you don't view being sprayed with pepper spray as being physical?