New pistol Stoeger STR-9

Picked up a Stoeger STR-9.

Got it from local Rural King for $338.42. Came in cardboard box with info, 3 back straps and 3 15 round mags.

Made in Turkey. Very Glock like inside and shoots as good as a Glock 19 for me.

I would compare to Glock gen3/4 G19 model.

Standard 3 dot sights but are metal. Parts do not seem to be interchangeable with Glocks but it does fit Glock 19 holsters.Low Bore Axis Image

Put 500 rounds thru it so far with 2 failures to completely eject fired casings, strong RSA and 3 times slide locked back with rounds still in mag, found out I was riding up on slide lock.

Sight are POA/POI for me and groups at least as well as any Glock 9mm I have owned.

• Like 3

I have seen the ads for these, and have been tempted by them. The pistols coming out of Turkey have been very good in my small observation and use. I'm a Canik fan, and have several. No problems whatsoever with them.

If I were to be in the right place at the wrong time, and found a really good price...well I might just have to bring one home with me.

And getting 3 mags with it is the icing on the cake. These days we are lucky to get 2.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, hipower said:

I have seen the ads for these, and have been tempted by them. The pistols coming out of Turkey have been very good in my small observation and use. I'm a Canik fan, and have several. No problems whatsoever with them.

If I were to be in the right place at the wrong time, and found a really good price...well I might just have to bring one home with me.

And getting 3 mags with it is the icing on the cake. These days we are lucky to get 2.

I suffer from the same contagious condition; it's more contagious than the current virus. However; I've found some relief in combating the symptoms and effects of carrying something home, and you sure don't want to 'give' it to another.

Just carry small quantities of cash, leave debit and credit cards at home [or better yet, cut them up] and most importantly... Make sure when it runs across you, you're over a 1/2 days trip from from there. This gives you pause because you can not return on the same day to take it home and gives you time to ensure the adoption is legitimate. It gets tiring and hurts just being a foster guardian in many examples of this contagion. 

Also before you leave home, it doesn't hurt to show the wife the massive gun collection you already have in your safe and your possible intention of adding another orphan to it. Personally speaking; this normally delays your departure by 1-3 hours, listening to the abusive language and reasoning of how that money could be better spent or saved 😆

Please take two aspirin and call me in the morning if this problem persists. I'm here to help...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I suffer from the same contagious condition; it's more contagious than the current virus. However; I've found some relief in combating the symptoms and effects of carrying something home, and you sure don't want to 'give' it to another.

Just carry small quantities of cash, leave debit and credit cards at home [or better yet, cut them up] and most importantly... Make sure when it runs across you, you're over a 1/2 days trip from from there. This gives you pause because you can not return on the same day to take it home and gives you time to ensure the adoption is legitimate. It gets tiring and hurts just being a foster guardian in many examples of this contagion. 

Also before you leave home, it doesn't hurt to show the wife the massive gun collection you already have in your safe and your possible intention of adding another orphan to it. Personally speaking; this normally delays your departure by 1-3 hours, listening to the abusive language and reasoning of how that money could be better spent or saved 😆

Please take two aspirin and call me in the morning if this problem persists. I'm here to help...

It is an addiction. Meds do not seem appropriate and usable for it. Wife mostly ignores it these days. Common reply is "Do you have enough to protect me/us?" I usually reply with a shake of the head and a sad smile while explaining the virtues of the next or recently acquired specimen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I've handled a few of these in shops.   What I didn't like is that the triggers were inconsistent and the mags would get stuck on the way out of the magwell.  

However, I'm rather eager to pick one up as long as it has the optic cut and a trigger that doesn't suck too much.    There does seem to be a level of compatibility with Glock parts; I know of one that someone successfully installed an aftermarket Glock trigger in.