Ebay Score Schrade Walden 225H & Monarch Knives

18 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I have a Shrade similar to that, but am not familiar with a Monarch. It is a good looking knife. I.’did say you did quite well.

The Monarch's is made in Japan but got the good steel. Dont really see many of them much anymore. I really like the old Schrade knife's with the carbon steel. I'll buy any I can get if the price is right. 

Edited by Henry347
  • Like 2
42 minutes ago, gary_boom said:

I figured you would be into Uncle Henry knives.

I like them also, got a few old Uncle Henry's also. But I can remember being a kid and using that Old Timer 25OT my papaw had since he was young. We skinned many a deer, squirrel and rabbit with that knife.

Still have it but its seen better days, that's honestly what set me on the Schrade and Old Timers.

I used to work at Schrade Ellenville back in the 70's oiling leather sheaths by the thousands. I grew up in that area. And Yes, the old Walden Schrades are very collectable. Great blade steel in those knives for sure. A buddy of mine  opened up the Napanoch Knife museum. Hes a walking taking encyclopedia of collector knive info. Schrade being a favorite of his.   Come to think of it, I worked in Walden also!  They have a super max state prison there.  I Officered in that S**T hole.

Edited by xtriggerman
  • Like 2
Guest OMCHamlin

I've stumbled across a number of Schrades at flea markets over the years, I always try and snap them up if the blades are still savable. Sharp Fingers turn up a lot, and stockmans knives. It's a shame they whored their name out, they're all made in the land of Wuhan now...

I have that exact same SW 'folding hunter' My hunting partner picked it up at an auction in Big Piney, Wyoming last year. He gifted it to me as a thank you for dragging him out there! 

The very next day, I killed a big cow elk & used the knife to completely clean, dress & quarter the old girl. 

It'll be on my belt again this year.....

Edited by Handsome Rob
  • Like 1