Trijicon RMR mount for???????????????

Guest BCR#1

Guest BCR#1

I picked up a like new version one tonight for what I thought was a killer deal, maybe not though, and I really have no idea what I will mount it on. I'm leaning towards a God forgive me, FN 509 in 45ACP for use as a practical pistol gun. I already have an FN FNX .40S&W I could use but would have to have the slide milled down first.

Your thoughts if you're so inclined to do so.

Bill

9 hours ago, BCR#1 said:

I picked up a like new version one tonight for what I thought was a killer deal, maybe not though, and I really have no idea what I will mount it on. I'm leaning towards a God forgive me, FN 509 in 45ACP for use as a practical pistol gun. I already have an FN FNX .40S&W I could use but would have to have the slide milled down first.

Your thoughts if you're so inclined to do so.

Bill

I'm in the market for one, what was your killer deal?

Guest BCR#1
2 hours ago, Johnny Rotten said:

I'm in the market for one, what was your killer deal?

$250.00 like new with the hard case, two batteries and all paperwork. It was listed on CL of all places under sporting.

Bill

Guest BCR#1

After looking at my FNX .40, I don't want the gun messed with so I'll just put the RMR in the safe until I find an optics ready pistol that I like. Maybe a Sig 320 or similar, don't know yet.

Bill

• Administrator
2 hours ago, BCR#1 said:

After looking at my FNX .40, I don't want the gun messed with so I'll just put the RMR in the safe until I find an optics ready pistol that I like. Maybe a Sig 320 or similar, don't know yet.

Bill

Just be aware that Sig tends to cut their slides for their own optics.  The exception is that the more recent P320 RXP X-series guns are cut for their Romeo 1 Pro which shares the same footprint as the Leupold Delta Point Pro.  They wouldn't have done this if it weren't for Sig getting the Army's pistol contract and Leupold getting the optic contract.  :)

If you want to run an RMR on a Sig, you're better off buying the P320 you want in a non-optics variant and then getting an aftermarket slide for it from someone like Zev Technologies or Norsso.  Or having the plain slide milled for an optic.

Guest BCR#1
4 hours ago, TGO David said:

Just be aware that Sig tends to cut their slides for their own optics.  The exception is that the more recent P320 RXP X-series guns are cut for their Romeo 1 Pro which shares the same footprint as the Leupold Delta Point Pro.  They wouldn't have done this if it weren't for Sig getting the Army's pistol contract and Leupold getting the optic contract.  :)

If you want to run an RMR on a Sig, you're better off buying the P320 you want in a non-optics variant and then getting an aftermarket slide for it from someone like Zev Technologies or Norsso.  Or having the plain slide milled for an optic.

Thanks David, you're a wealth of knowledge. I guess an FN 509 is back in the running now too but I still loath striker fired pistols.

Bill

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, BCR#1 said:

Thanks David, you're a wealth of knowledge. I guess an FN 509 is back in the running now too but I still loath striker fired pistols.

Bill

Ah, thanks man.  I appreciate the kind words.  I'm just trying to share what I've learned to make it easier for others.

If I were wanting a lighter weight, affordable, hammer fired gun with an RMR these days, I think I'd probably pick up a CZ P-07 and have someone like Cajun Gun Works, JaegerWerks, Primary Machine, etc. mill the slide for me and cook up something like this...

IMG_2694.jpg

• Like 3
2 hours ago, BCR#1 said:

I guess an FN 509 is back in the running now too but I still loath striker fired pistols

Bill,

I was a die hard DA/SA guy, so much so that I spent up on my two CZs.

The 75B Omega went to Cajun Gun Works and the P01 came from CZ Custom as their SDP.

Unless I dry fire practiced virtually daily, @Cruel Hand Luke would flog me with conviction and compassion regarding the difference in the initial and follow up trigger press and the necessity for consistent practice.

Much like a revolver, an extra level of dedication to shoot well, consistently.

I tried a bunch of striker fired and finally discovered Beretta's APX series, it's a winner for me.

The RDO is milled, however Beretta doesn't offer suppressor height sights (or anyone else for that matter)

Good luck with your search!

CZ P10c?

Edited by A.J. Holst
Guest BCR#1
On 7/31/2020 at 6:27 PM, TGO David said:

Ah, thanks man.  I appreciate the kind words.  I'm just trying to share what I've learned to make it easier for others.

If I were wanting a lighter weight, affordable, hammer fired gun with an RMR these days, I think I'd probably pick up a CZ P-07 and have someone like Cajun Gun Works, JaegerWerks, Primary Machine, etc. mill the slide for me and cook up something like this...

IMG_2694.jpg

Now this is something that truly appeals to me. Trouble is, I doubt there are any available for sale right now.

Thanks David and Tom for your suggestions.

Bill

1 hour ago, BCR#1 said:

Now this is something that truly appeals to me. Trouble is, I doubt there are any available for sale right now.

Bill

They're around. I've seen two (that I can remember...) on my local guns for sale website in the last month or so.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
5 hours ago, BCR#1 said:

Bill

3 hours ago, TomInMN said:

They're around. I've seen two (that I can remember...) on my local guns for sale website in the last month or so.

Yep, I have seen new and used P07's for sale on Gunbroker lately.  :)