Moon shot

On 8/3/2020 at 12:45 PM, bersaguy said:

I think the moon was really bright last night. I woke up about 2AM this morning and it was so bright I thought someone had bright lights lit up in my back yard!! I do enjoy the moon light. 

My issues are not with the Moon. My issue is what is the fascination with Mars?? Several countries are now shooting things to Mars to explore it. For what purpose are they spending millions of dollars to explore a planet that has zero possibility of ever being inhabited by humans as they already know the atmosphere won't accept life as we know it!!!

There is a lot to learn in space and the current Mars missions are going to dictate what we do in space in the future.  Imagine being able to launch our deep space probes from Mars instead of from Earth.  We have less atmosphere to overcome which means the fuel necessary for launch is less.  We could use Mars as a relay station for extended communications.  The possibilities are endless.  And we aren't done with the Moon.   Moon base is still on the horizon as well.  

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

There is a lot to learn in space and the current Mars missions are going to dictate what we do in space in the future.  Imagine being able to launch our deep space probes from Mars instead of from Earth.  We have less atmosphere to overcome which means the fuel necessary for launch is less.  We could use Mars as a relay station for extended communications.  The possibilities are endless.  And we aren't done with the Moon.   Moon base is still on the horizon as well.  

Well I guess it does give people jobs and keeps people wonder what they might find up there so I guess it does have a few positive benefits.

54 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

Well I guess it does give people jobs and keeps people wonder what they might find up there so I guess it does have a few positive benefits.

There have also been some scientific breakthroughs because of what we have learned in space.  Everything that we do up there relates in significant ways to life down here.