Seeds from China???

Has anyone got any of those suspicious  seeds from China that you didn't order. The news medias have been telling everyone that got them not to open the bag or touch or plant the seeds and don't even want folks throwing them in the trash cause they will end up in our landfills and are telling folks to take them to their local health department and let them dispose of them. About 400 people in Tennessee have got them so far!!!

Saw a report of a guy in Arkansas planted seeds he received.  plant looks like a squash.  in the video, there are other types of seeds going to different folks.  type "man plants seeds from china" into your search bar and it should pop up.  This could be a huge deal for agriculture down the road for multiple reasons.  time will tell. 

I have a hard time understanding why anyone would plant seeds from an unsolicited package from out of the country.  Especially china right now.  If it was a chocolate bar, would this guy eat it?

• Moderators

Supposedly they figured out this was linked to fake online reviews. 

Example: Send out 1,000 packages and then wrote 1,000 fake, positive reviews for “actual product”. 

Seeds have weight and volume and are nearly free. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, drewski said:

Saw a report of a guy in Arkansas planted seeds he received.  plant looks like a squash.  in the video, there are other types of seeds going to different folks.  type "man plants seeds from china" into your search bar and it should pop up.  This could be a huge deal for agriculture down the road for multiple reasons.  time will tell. 

I have a hard time understanding why anyone would plant seeds from an unsolicited package from out of the country.  Especially china right now.  If it was a chocolate bar, would this guy eat it?

I wager to say they dug hole and planted said seeds while in full corona protection gear ordered straight from the sham wow guy

• Haha 2

I saw a story about this on the local news last night. It seems that most of these seeds are herbs of one kind or another. However, they still warn against planting them and you should contact .gov if you get any. 

So far, nobody seems to know why people are getting these. Its strongly suggested to be very cautious. 

45 minutes ago, xsubsailor said:

One of the more interesting theories I've heard lately is that this could be a test run for a biological attack via mail. :waiting:

Yea a test to see just how stupid some people can be and actually plant the damn things and spread some other dangerous thing from China !!!!:shrug:

This is probably the only thing that the Postal Service is delivering on time nowadays. 

State agriculture officials are urging the U.S. Postal Service to stop delivering the mysterious seed packages that have been arriving in mailboxes across the country, mailings that federal officials believe are coming from China.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/u-s-postal-service-is-urged-to-stop-delivering-mysterious-seeds

• Like 1
6 hours ago, bersaguy said:

Yea a test to see just how stupid some people can be and actually plant the damn things and spread some other dangerous thing from China

Sort of like allowing a wuhan virus to escape and come here??? I said a long time ago, never have to fire a shot, just turn the germs loose!! Can't see them, can't defend against them unless you have a MASK!!!

• Angry 1
11 hours ago, drewski said:

That’s about what I’d expect from someone in Arkansas.  Wonder how many other dolts are out there planting random seeds.

5 minutes ago, Dirtshooter said:

Sort of like allowing a wuhan virus to escape and come here??? I said a long time ago, never have to fire a shot, just turn the germs loose!! Can't see them, can't defend against them unless you have a MASK!!!

I couldn't agree more buddy. The people in China have been wearing masks as long as I can remember. They know not to trust their government either.....😡

I wish everyone that gets them would take them to their local health departments so they can box them up and mail them to the Government office in China!!!

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Garufa said:

That’s about what I’d expect from someone in Arkansas.  Wonder how many other dolts are out there planting random seeds.

Someone once told me that if you gave Shelby County to Arkansas, the IQs of both states would increase.  Being from Shelby County, I find that highly offensive and damn funny at the same time.  

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, Garufa said:

That’s about what I’d expect from someone in Arkansas.  Wonder how many other dolts are out there planting random seeds?

There's some joke to be made here about the drunken fools at a bar on Saturday night.

At least there would have been, once upon a time...

• Haha 1
  • Administrator

This is the most likely explanation for these seeds. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brushing_(e-commerce)

The alarming parts of the whole thing are that (a.) people will open something like this and then actually use it, and (b.) that people continue to thumb their noses at Ocam's Razor and embrace complex conspiracy theories more readily than they will embrace something more sensical like "This is a brushing scam, not China's bid to take over the US with bio-engineered Communism seeds".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
6 hours ago, TGO David said:

This is the most likely explanation for these seeds. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brushing_(e-commerce)

The alarming parts of the whole thing are that (a.) people will open something like this and then actually use it, and (b.) that people continue to thumb their noses at Ocam's Razor and embrace complex conspiracy theories more readily than they will embrace something more sensical like "This is a brushing scam, not China's bid to take over the US with bio-engineered Communism seeds".

Thanks for that. At least ONE thing in 2020 has a plausible explanation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1