TRijicon is suing Holosun...........

Guest BCR#1

12 minutes ago, BCR#1 said:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/trijicon-sues-holosun-alleging-infringement-on-their-rmr-red-dot-patent/

If Holosun were to lose, how would that affect owners of a Holosun product?

Bill

It won’t affect them at all. (other than possibly needing parts) It could affect future pricing if they lose.

However…it’s China. If the lose they will probably just be banned from import into this country.

Edited by DaveTN

I'm a big Trij fan and have several Holo's.... but unless I'm missing something, those comparison photos don't mean crap. Other than size, like any other manufacture, small is the key for those sets. Sounds like a whine to me. 

• Like 1

Trijicon sees Holosun eating their lunch. Trijicon may have looked at their material and production costs and decided that this is the route of least friction.

I don't think Trijicon will win, and I don't think it would make a huge difference if they do. Holosun will just slightly modify the specific elements they're spanked on and proceed with their day.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BHunted said:

I'm a big Trij fan and have several Holo's.... but unless I'm missing something, those comparison photos don't mean crap. Other than size, like any other manufacture, small is the key for those sets. Sounds like a whine to me. 

Not having a lot of Red dot/RMR experience, I can't say a great deal intelligently on this forthcoming debate/debacle.

But having looked at/thru some of them over the last month or so...I came to the conclusion that the Holosun products were where I was going with my purchase.

I have, in the last 7 days ordered 3 Holosun products. An HE510c GR-V2, an HE507c GR-V2, and the HM 3X magnifier.

Now for full disclosure, I did order the 510c by mistake. In all the looking, I thought it was the pistol use model.  Since it was scheduled for delivery next day, it was too late to cancel. After this was pointed out to me, I ordered the 507c.

I was deliberating on whether to keep it or send it back. Well, thanks to a little trigger time with Cojo87, and the use of several of his Holosun equipped firearms; I feel very comfortable with my purchases. I'm keeping the 510 for an AR, or maybe a Scorpion mount. That's yet to be determined.

And since I'm going to keep the 510c, I ordered the HM 3X to go along with it. For me, I found the magnifier to be an absolute joy to use. It helped me see much better, and seemed to remove what little flare I saw from the sight on a DAMN fine rifle of Cojo's that I got to shoot. But that's another story. Clarity was fantastic with it, not like a few budget magnifiers I have seen.

So, "infringement" or just glorified copy of another manufacturer's product...I made the choice that was right for me. Using the standard of economic feasibility( what I could afford) and what I liked...Holosun was for me.  

After reading the comments on the above linked article, I haven't changed my mind. The back and forth over who actually owns Holosun, and where it's roots lie got to be sort of fun to read though.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, hipower said:

Not having a lot of Red dot/RMR experience, I can't say a great deal intelligently on this forthcoming debate/debacle.

But having looked at/thru some of them over the last month or so...I came to the conclusion that the Holosun products were where I was going with my purchase.

I have, in the last 7 days ordered 3 Holosun products. An HE510c GR-V2, an HE507c GR-V2, and the HM 3X magnifier.

Now for full disclosure, I did order the 510c by mistake. In all the looking, I thought it was the pistol use model.  Since it was scheduled for delivery next day, it was too late to cancel. After this was pointed out to me, I ordered the 507c.

I was deliberating on whether to keep it or send it back. Well, thanks to a little trigger time with Cojo87, and the use of several of his Holosun equipped firearms; I feel very comfortable with my purchases. I'm keeping the 510 for an AR, or maybe a Scorpion mount. That's yet to be determined.

And since I'm going to keep the 510c, I ordered the HM 3X to go along with it. For me, I found the magnifier to be an absolute joy to use. It helped me see much better, and seemed to remove what little flare I saw from the sight on a DAMN fine rifle of Cojo's that I got to shoot. But that's another story. Clarity was fantastic with it, not like a few budget magnifiers I have seen.

So, "infringement" or just glorified copy of another manufacturer's product...I made the choice that was right for me. Using the standard of economic feasibility( what I could afford) and what I liked...Holosun was for me.  

After reading the comments on the above linked article, I haven't changed my mind. The back and forth over who actually owns Holosun, and where it's roots lie got to be sort of fun to read though.

I've tried many products of a similar nature. As much as I love Trij and I still do, Holo's red or green dots where the only ones that I didn't have to put my glasses on to see the dot clearer.er.er.er..... lol.
But seriously. I've tried them all. What Holo does differently is beyond me. My astigmatism screws with my eyes vs dots... If you have astigmatism, try one before you buy. See if you feel the same way. BTW, nobody else throws a solar panel on top. Can't believe Trij would crab about any of this other than Holo is stealing some of their profits.  Oh well. Competition is a biotch. 😉

• Like 3

Well my Trijicon mro is back at Trijicon for the second time in 3 weeks. I've fired 5 shots with it on the gun. I love my  Reap IR, but the mro is getting it's ass handed to it by my buddy's $25 Chinese junk red dot. I don't think they understand what 18.5" of parallax at 100 yards means. 

1 hour ago, BHunted said:

I've tried many products of a similar nature. As much as I love Trij and I still do, Holo's red or green dots where the only ones that I didn't have to put my glasses on to see the dot clearer.er.er.er..... lol.
But seriously. I've tried them all. What Holo does differently is beyond me. My astigmatism screws with my eyes vs dots... If you have astigmatism, try one before you buy. See if you feel the same way. BTW, nobody else throws a solar panel on top. Can't believe Trij would crab about any of this other than Holo is stealing some of their profits.  Oh well. Competition is a biotch. 😉

I have astigmatism, so I prefer prism scopes and dots.  I use green CT lasers on a few pistols. At last count I have six RMRs. After reading David’s Holosun thread I have purchased three Holosun products. I can say without a doubt so far the green circle and dot reticle is a game changer for me. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, alleycat72 said:

Well my Trijicon mro is back at Trijicon for the second time in 3 weeks. I've fired 5 shots with it on the gun. I love my  Reap IR, but the mro is getting it's ass handed to it by my buddy's $25 Chinese junk red dot. I don't think they understand what 18.5" of parallax at 100 yards means. 

Better watch those Trijicon repair teams real close.  They sent my MRO to the wrong address about 6 months ago.  Didn’t even have the decency to tel me it was shipping.  

2 minutes ago, ehull20000 said:

Better watch those Trijicon repair teams real close.  They sent my MRO to the wrong address about 6 months ago.  Didn’t even have the decency to tel me it was shipping.  

American products come with American customer service.  :lol:

• Haha 2
Guest BCR#1
10 hours ago, ehull20000 said:

Did you finally receive it?

Bill

I got my Holosun507c today. It looks great! Now waiting on the magnifier for the 510 and I can do some assembly. lol

I'd like to get another set of all three, but not quite got enough left in the toy fun for it. Maybe in the next few days. Got a few lines in the water for some sales\, and I hope to put it into more equipment.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BHunted said:

Get yourself on Opticsplanet. Got almost all mine there during sales and VIP pricing....

https://www.opticsplanet.com/s/holosun

I did check their stock before ordering. 2 items were on backorder with a 5-7 month wait list.

Those in stock, even with the 15% discount, I got slightly better prices on E-Bay.

Not saying OpticsPlanet isn't good. I actually checked them first, as I have bought there before. But in this instance, waiting and about a 20 buck savings, even with taxes, I came out ahead and have the products without the wait. 

2 minutes ago, hipower said:

I did check their stock before ordering. 2 items were on backorder with a 5-7 month wait list.

Those in stock, even with the 15% discount, I got slightly better prices on E-Bay.

Not saying OpticsPlanet isn't good. I actually checked them first, as I have bought there before. But in this instance, waiting and about a 20 buck savings, even with taxes, I came out ahead and have the products without the wait. 

Still should get on mailing list if you are not. I saved a lot over the years with them. Only thing with places like ebay and such, you really have to watch out for counterfeit stuff... good luck and keep us informed.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BHunted said:

Still should get on mailing list if you are not. I saved a lot over the years with them. Only thing with places like ebay and such, you really have to watch out for counterfeit stuff... good luck and keep us informed.

I do agree about E-Bay deals. I did have some knowledge of this seller, and checked him out again before my orders. But...you never can tell. lol I do get guarantees from seller and E-bay for product and my satisfaction. I have used E-bay's dispute resolution twice now, and have gotten satisfaction both times.

Oh...I am on the OP mailing list. I get far more from them than I care for at times. lol

Almost, but not quite, as bad as D'Vor. They drive me crazy with their mailings. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, hipower said:

I do agree about E-Bay deals. I did have some knowledge of this seller, and checked him out again before my orders. But...you never can tell. lol I do get guarantees from seller and E-bay for product and my satisfaction. I have used E-bay's dispute resolution twice now, and have gotten satisfaction both times.

Oh...I am on the OP mailing list. I get far more from them than I care for at times. lol

Almost, but not quite, as bad as D'Vor. They drive me crazy with their mailings. 

DVOR is OpticsPlanet.... had to get away from them. They drove me nuts too. Lot of their stuff took quite a bit of time to get during their sale periods or whatever they called it. Bought a few things and didn't feel like waiting anymore. Waaaayyyyy too aggressive.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, hipower said:

I got my Holosun507c today. It looks great! Now waiting on the magnifier for the 510 and I can do some assembly. lol

I'd like to get another set of all three, but not quite got enough left in the toy fun for it. Maybe in the next few days. Got a few lines in the water for some sales\, and I hope to put it into more equipment.

thanks, just scored the 407c v2 .  OP backordered until who knows when.  Good price.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, BHunted said:

DVOR is OpticsPlanet.... had to get away from them. They drove me nuts too. Lot of their stuff took quite a bit of time to get during their sale periods or whatever they called it. Bought a few things and didn't feel like waiting anymore. Waaaayyyyy too aggressive.

Hahmmmm. I'm not sure if I knew that or not. Sounds familiar, but who knows. We all look at and see so very much it's hard to keep sellers straight. At least for me these days.

• 2 weeks later...