The 9 A.M. sprint

I stopped to get my tires rotated and balanced this morning at discount tire and thought I’d walk to Academy Sports to pick up some ammo if they had any.  It was shortly after the 9 A.M. opening and boy were folks sprinting to the ammo isle. I swear one guy cut through the clothes section trying to beat another guy. 

Nothing really to say about it. Just though it was funny.  People on there cell phones taking orders. Calling all there buddies with a panicked warning. 😂

I was able to pickup up 300 rounds of .45ACP and 200 9mm to play around with this weekend.  I’ve been needing a good range day. 

• Like 1

I was in Academy early last week and I heard an employee on the phone telling them some was possibly in the next morning, but to be there at 9 to have any chance. 

I was in Basspro the Saturday before and picked up my 5 box limit of 9mm. A good bit was still on the shelf and this was the afternoon. 

I wonder how many of these ammo hounds actually shoot.

If I know I have a few weekends of shooting, I go online.

Random visits to gun stores, I'll snag a box or two of something to put up.

For the one off weekend volume shoot, I buy off the shelf (if available) with a little extra to set back.

Since I have a cache, I don't have to overpay when I want to shoot and market demand drives up price.

If anyone needs some folding money through selling some ammo, I'm a ca$h buyer!

13 hours ago, Raoul said:

You guys are still playing ammo roulette? Short attention spans?

Nah, I have enough. I was pretty much just seeing the lay of the land as I killed some time on both trips. If I can pick up some at a decent price, I go ahead. That way I can pass some to family and friends if they get in a tight spot without tapping into my cache. Same thing I did back in the .22lr drought. If I could find it decent, I always knew someone asking about it. Just doing my civic duty to help citizens stay armed. 

I had been seriously looking at picking up a reloading set up, but that has been tabled. I will wait until supplies and gear get back to where I can choose how I want to do it, not just take what I can get. 

• Like 2