Beretta 92 Compact

With all the gun buying and hoarding going on I'd never expect to find a deal like I did. I set out looking to buy one of 2 Ruger P89's that I found at a shop. The prices on them were not good compared to the shape they were in. I know the  P89 can endure lots of damage and still run fine. But these guns were priced more than what they did new and these even had rust. By the time I paid tax and background check it would cost me $428 and that's with no box and one beat up off brand magazine. So I went back home and decided to stop at my local shop. There was a new in box Beretta 92 Compact in the case. It was made in Italy and has the "IT17" Mark's on it showing it made there in Italy in year 2017. After tax and background check I got out the door for $424. I'm a sucker for the Beretta 92 series and Rugers P-Series. I couldn't believe it was there with all the gun hoarding and buying going on. Bare shelves and hardly any ammo. People houng nuts grabbing and buying anything they can yet there was this nice new Beretta for half the normal price. I swear I love how these things line the cartridge up and feed it straight into the barrel. No tilting or runing up ramps to worry with. 

20200809_110109.jpg

20200809_110248.jpg

Edited by tercel89
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

I have been thinking about those compact Berettas a lot lately. That's an excellent deal too and such a nice looking handgun. Congrats!

Been keeping a close eye on this too. Glad they got rid of the slide mounted safety/decocker and put the safety in a better place. If Beretta had a compact version of this I'd be all over it lol. 

92X PERFORMANCE

• Like 1

That's a great little pickup and a nice price. I have the 92 affliction too, so glad to see folks buy these.

When I got mine early last year before the hoarding and insanity, mid to low 400's was about as good as they got. To get one thru a local shop and be at a great price after the TN 10% resident penalty....damn.   It may have been a mistake, but hey, right time right place....

Take a look at the locking block and barrel rails to make sure they were finish machined. Being Italian it probably is fine. But a couple of the compacts I had looked at where rough and gouged up the frame channels that the rails ride in. Generally you'll see some small AL chips or flakes in the slide or top of the frame to tip you. I stoned mine to clean them up to mitigate the damage.  Great little shooter.

• Like 1

Just thought I'd add something crazy I found yesterday. Another local gun store has 2 of the same Beretta Compacts for sale for $699. WOW this is crazy after getting mine at a local store only 6 miles from that store for $424 out the door. It seems that some stores are asking MSRP prices and some even MORE than the MSRP prices during this virus mess and gun rush. 

I have always had a disproportionate fondness for the Beretta compacts.  They are handier than the full size, yet they don't really shoot like a compact.

$424 out the door was an uncommonly good price even during normal times.   In my experience, it's rare to see one offered for less than $500, even in rather used shape.

• Like 1
On 8/9/2020 at 11:25 AM, tercel89 said:

With all the gun buying and hoarding going on I'd never expect to find a deal like I did. I set out looking to buy one of 2 Ruger P89's that I found at a shop. The prices on them were not good compared to the shape they were in. I know the  P89 can endure lots of damage and still run fine. But these guns were priced more than what they did new and these even had rust. By the time I paid tax and background check it would cost me $428 and that's with no box and one beat up off brand magazine. So I went back home and decided to stop at my local shop. There was a new in box Beretta 92 Compact in the case. It was made in Italy and has the "IT17" Mark's on it showing it made there in Italy in year 2017. After tax and background check I got out the door for $424. I'm a sucker for the Beretta 92 series and Rugers P-Series. I couldn't believe it was there with all the gun hoarding and buying going on. Bare shelves and hardly any ammo. People houng nuts grabbing and buying anything they can yet there was this nice new Beretta for half the normal price. I swear I love how these things line the cartridge up and feed it straight into the barrel. No tilting or runing up ramps to worry with. 

20200809_110109.jpg

20200809_110248.jpg

Well my friend, when you get ready to sell that little thing...please remember this old fat man who has bought from you before!! 😉😉

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ken_mays said:

I have always had a disproportionate fondness for the Beretta compactsThey are handier than the full size, yet they don't really shoot like a compact.

$424 out the door was an uncommonly good price even during normal times.   In my experience, it's rare to see one offered for less than $500, even in rather used shape.

Had the same experience with the CZ 75 Compact. Great handgun. Shoot it just as well as the full size, at speed too. Love it so much it's given me an itch to explore Beretta's compact line. It sure is an appealing looking handgun. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, crake said:

Had the same experience with the CZ 75 Compact. Great handgun. Shoot it just as well as the full size, at speed too. Love it so much it's given me an itch to explore Beretta's compact line. It sure is an appealing looking handgun. 

Here's a picture just for you. I guess we have the same taste in hammer guns. 

Resized_20200817_082502.jpeg

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, tercel89 said:

Here's a picture just for you. I guess we have the same taste in hammer guns. 

Resized_20200817_082502.jpeg

Wow, the CZ looks plain next to that Beretta lol. Thanks for taking the time @tercel89 it gives me a good feel for the size differences. 

I was looking at this website last night and it wouldn't let me turn the guns so they face the same direction. https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/cz-75-compact-vs-beretta-92-fs-compact

Edited by crake
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, crake said:

Wow, the CZ looks plain next to that Beretta lol. Thanks for taking the time @tercel89 it gives me a good feel for the size differences. 

I was looking at this website last night and it wouldn't let me turn the guns so they face the same direction. https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/cz-75-compact-vs-beretta-92-fs-compact

Glad to help buddy . I like them both. I am a big Glock fan because I like a fighting gun with very few moving parts in which I have to use on my job , but in recreation I like hammer guns. In fact the older I get the more I seem to like the older style hammer guns. The CZ and the Beretta both are extremely reliable designs and they just work and work. There is no break-in period. They just work like an older well oiled sewing machine. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, tercel89 said:

Glad to help buddy . I like them both. I am a big Glock fan because I like a fighting gun with very few moving parts in which I have to use on my job , but in recreation I like hammer guns. In fact the older I get the more I seem to like the older style hammer guns. The CZ and the Beretta both are extremely reliable designs and they just work and work. There is no break-in period. They just work like an older well oiled sewing machine. 

Glock really is a great design. Easy to field strip. Easy to work on. Parts are everywhere and many are quiet good and improve the design. I used to run a Glock 17 in IDPA. 

CZ's are really amazing. I have a CZ 75 SP-01. It currently has about 20,000 rounds through it. It's only malfunctioned twice. It choked on the same brand of ammo with and without a weapon light attached (Geco ammo for those that are curious). It eats all my reloads and anything else reliably. It's broken a trigger spring 1 time and after replacing it with a Cajun spring, and changing it out every 5k rounds it hasn't been an issue. Same with slide stop; changed it out every 10k rounds or so. Also replaced the recoil spring at around 10k rounds. It just keeps running. 

My CZ 75 Compact has about 3,000 rounds through it without a single failure. I kinda like it better than the full size lol. 

• Like 1