On 11/28/2020 at 5:22 PM, ACfixer said:

^^^^ Yeah, stuff like that building is annoying I agree, and yes it's time for Wayne to go, it was time five years ago.

NRA Benefactor Lifer here... the turmoil is annoying as is their incessant begging, but they are still the big dog on the block. I'm a GOA - CRPA - and VCDL supporter too from time to time, but I just can't but feel without the NRA we are screwed.

If the NRA doesn't get their heads out of their Butts and start doing their jobs we are screwed anyway.....JMHO

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bersaguy said:

If the NRA doesn't get their heads out of their Butts and start doing their jobs we are screwed anyway.....JMHO

The NRA is useless. When 500 million is spent on lawyers and PR firms to keep Wayne and the Board out of jail, and not on programs, it's over.

I stopped paying membership over 10 years ago. Don't count on the current NRA to do anything except CYA, and personally, I like to see it dissolve and the crooks criminally charged. It's beyond repair.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I agree Doug. The sheer size of the NRA base, should be a force for politicans to fear! However, Wayne and his cronies have diluted the power of the NRA to the point that it's almost, but not quite, a useless joke. A self-perpetuating, money hungry group interested only in themselves. Until membership, public pressure, and threat of reduction in available cash makes Wayne get off his butt and try to help us. But more to the point so he can stay relavent! At least in his mind! LOL!!

Edited by hipower
  • Like 2
40 minutes ago, hipower said:

I agree Doug. The sheer size of the NRA base, should be a force for politicans to fear! However, Wayne and his cronies have diluted the power of the NRA to the point that it's almost, but not quite, a useless joke. A self-perpetuating, money hungry group interested ony in themselves. Until membership, public pressure, and threat of reduction in available cash makes Wayne get off his butt and try to help us. But more to the point so he can stay relavent!

While gun ownership has exploded over the past 5 years, the NRA lost 1 million members just in 2018.

For those interested in the shenanigans of the NRA president and board, here's a video that explains the situation from Jim Shepherd.

Jim Shepherd on the NRA 2020

Edited by crc4
  • Like 1

I have renewed TN Firearms , GOA and 2nd Amendment for 2023. I paid way ahead with NRA back before all the scandals so they stills has a couple more years to go. If they haven't got their act together by then I will not renew.

NRA is what it is, but, the less than intelligent Legislators in Nashville cling to that three letter mantra like it is the Holy Grail, Gardenhire has an NRA cap as a centerpiece in his office...

We have a new lobbyist for TN this year, Kelby Seanor, Kseanor@NRAHQ.org, for those who are NRA members, chat him up about what you want, let hem know he needs to be responsive to Tennesseans.  He was a shooting team member at Bethel University in McKenzie, so at least he is a shooting enthusiast.  I am supposed to meet with him this week in Nashville. 

On 8/9/2020 at 8:35 PM, lock n' load said:

Been looking at joining a pro- Second Amendment organization again. I used to be a member of the NRA but with all the turmoil going on with them, I'm hesitant. Should I join the GOA instead? Granted the NRA has a large following but GOA seems to have some clout too. Should I join both? Thanks in advance

Your money would be better spent on a dinner for your local elected reps.  

• Administrator

These folks are very much worth supporting.  They sue the crap out of the government all the time.

Firearms Policy Coalition

ABOUT FPC

Firearms Policy Coalition (firearmspolicy.org) is a 501(c)4 nonprofit organization founded on a philosophy of natural rights with an unambiguous Purpose, consistent Values, and clear Mission to fight for the People, liberty, and freedom. FPC’s efforts are focused on the right to keep and bear arms and adjacent issues including freedom of speech, due process, unlawful searches and seizures, separation of powers, asset forfeitures, privacy, encryption, and limited government. The FPC team are next-generation advocates working to achieve the Organization’s strategic objectives through litigation, research, scholarly publications, amicus briefing, legislative and regulatory action, grassroots activism, education, outreach, and other programs. FPC typically has members and supporters in all 50 U.S. States and the District of Columbia.

FPC Law (FPCLaw.org) is the nation’s first and largest public interest legal team focused on the right to keep and bear arms and the leader in the Second Amendment litigation and research space.

There's more about them here:  About FPC - Firearms Policy Coalition

• Like 1

+1 to that. I think they're the ones that sued TN and got the age restriction on carry and permits removed.

But setup a dummy email address for them. Once you send them $1, you'll get a ton of email from them. Some is interesting, but most of it's the usual ".GOVATFBIDENDOJPELOSI gonna take yer guns if you don't send us money!!! We're the ones fightin fer you!!!!!!". Much like the NRA emails, but 10 times more often.

Unfortunately they're probably right, but I don't need daily reminders of it.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 1