5 year old killed!!

bersaguy

It was horrible about the 5 year old boy being killed by being shot in the head at point blank range by a murderer in front  the boys 2 sisters and not one major news network covered the story!! Reason being it was not something that fits their criteria as news. Reason why is because it was a black man doing the shooting and the boy he killed was white!! I wonder if it would have made the news if it was a white man doing the same thing to a black 5 year old boy in front of his 2 sisters? That is just proof of just how biased the main stream medias have become. It is proof that all lives don't matter to the medias. Only black lives make news when they are killed. If I was an advertiser in any of the news networks that failed to report all the news I would be pulling my support because there are many other formats that millions of Americans watch that their advertising funds would pay them dividends far more on. As it stands right now the main stream medias are losing thousand's of viewers daily and their ratings are dropping like a lead balloon. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Yep, I saw this too. If the races were reversed this would be a national outrage with all the help coming from the "news" media. We'd probably see more "protests". More cities would burn, etc. 

How the media has maintained even a shred of credibility to this day is fascinating and terrifying to me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
16 minutes ago, TomInMN said:

Do you all think CNN is pretty mainstream? Pretty liberal?

This story is on the main page of their website...

I think CNN was seeing their ratings tanking and have realized that not reporting all the news is killing their advertising bottom line so they have began moving more to the middle and away from the left!.....JMHO

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, TomInMN said:

I doubt they'll ever cover this story from every possible angle, even the court case that followed like they did the Trayvon Martin story. They could if they really wanted to. They have some exceptional actors reading teleprompters as we speak. But they won't, it's not on the agenda. 

I'd love to be wrong about all that but I'm not holding my breath. 

Edited to add: Pretty sure this story broke locally on Monday or Tuesday this week. I've seen people all over the internet outraged that the media isn't picking up the story. CNN probably gave it some attention just to save face. 

Edited by crake
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, crake said:

I doubt they'll ever cover this story from every possible angle, even the court case that followed like they did the Trayvon Martin story. They could if they really wanted to. They have some exceptional actors reading teleprompters as we speak. But they won't, it's not on the agenda. 

I'd love to be wrong about all that but I'm not holding my breath. 

Edited to add: Pretty sure this story broke locally on Monday or Tuesday this week. I've seen people all over the internet outraged that the media isn't picking up the story. CNN probably gave it some attention just to save face. 

Some attention is better than no attention......JMHO

• Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, bersaguy said:

Some attention is better than no attention......JMHO

Is it though?  Even here we are pointing at that and saying see, they are reporting the news.  IMO it will take much more than the token story now and then to make me think they give a damn.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bersaguy said:

I think CNN was seeing their ratings tanking and have realized that not reporting all the news is killing their advertising bottom line so they have began moving more to the middle and away from the left!.....JMHO

They didn't cover a major Israel - UAE story.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, TomInMN said:

Remember Michael Brown? They covered that story for months nearly non stop. Turns out, he needed shooting. Have you seen them report this on air?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Never expect the media to cover news that doesn't fit the narrative.  They simply will not do it.  There is no attempt at " fair and balanced ", there never was... The good news is that more people are noticing.  Remember the God-Man's words :  " There is nothing hidden that will not be revealed "... It's a universal truth with a capital " U " and a capital " T "...

listenin n watchin leroy.

• Like 1

Well, I do listen to our local channel 5 news for weather mostly but as to whether they will cover certain stories I don't pay much attention but this one about the 5 year old has been reported for the last 4 days as new stuff comes up and needs to be reported they have talked about it the last 4 days so they are not avoiding the story. I find that they do talk about stories that all the cable news networks seem to skip over or half azz report and not give the complete story in most cases. I admit the cable news medias did a very poor of covering the Michael Brown story when they ended the story when it was proven that Michael Brown did actually attack the Officer they quit working on the story and moved on.

I saw the story earlier in the week. They gave very few details except the child was riding his bike with family and this jack wad shot him in the head. There is no justification he can give for shooting that baby. 

@crake you are correct, if this were a black child, the media from all of the major networks would be in front of the house of the slain child whipping everyone into a frenzy. 

This is why we have to take  media reports with a grain of salt. Sometimes I watch Fox and MSNBC at the same time on my television and iPad. It’s like the left and right Twix factories, they are putting out the same product, but they package it for the targeted group that they need to keep pissed off and tuned in for ratings dollars. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Lots of comments regarding how the media would be up in arms if this had been a black kid. But, I've seen a lot of "XX number of people shot and killed in Chicago last weekend" stories, and that's as far as they go. I'm sure some of those people have been little kids, but you don't see their name or their picture or anything else about the shooting. Just the total deaths for the weekend.

I'm sure we can all agree that the media are always doing a less-than-perfect job, just like all the rest of us. And, while more air time might help in some way to decrease the violence in a city like Chicago, I suspect that more exposure for this particular story isn't likely to prevent a lunatic from killing anyone in the future.

Edited by TomInMN
Clarity and correcting autocorrect.
  • Like 5

According to reports the 2 we neighbors and the shooter had dinner at the victim's home the day before the shooting. They still have not figured out a motive for the shooting. Pure evil is all I can figure. I hope justice is swift and he is given death sentence and it is carried out quick!!!

1 hour ago, bersaguy said:

Well, I do listen to our local channel 5 news for weather mostly but as to whether they will cover certain stories I don't pay much attention but this one about the 5 year old has been reported for the last 4 days as new stuff comes up and needs to be reported they have talked about it the last 4 days so they are not avoiding the story. I find that they do talk about stories that all the cable news networks seem to skip over or half azz report and not give the complete story in most cases. I admit the cable news medias did a very poor of covering the Michael Brown story when they ended the story when it was proven that Michael Brown did actually attack the Officer they quit working on the story and moved on.

I do know for a fact that CBS channel 5 out of Nashville had not touched the story until my neighbor challenged them on it on Facebook. At least they do listen to their customers.

As this is local news, I do not expect them to give the story much air time. I do, however, expect the national newscasts to give it a nod.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I do know for a fact that CBS channel 5 out of Nashville had not touched the story until my neighbor challenged them on it on Facebook. At least they do listen to their customers.

As this is local news, I do not expect them to give the story much air time. I do, however, expect the national newscasts to give it a nod.

I heard them report on it Tuesday thru yesterday evening.

• Like 1

I see a lot of news, and this story has been everywhere.  It's even getting some coverage in the UK.   But the cops treated it seriously, were on the case full-force immediately, and made an arrest within 24 hours.   The murder is terrible, but this is exactly the way the system should handle homicides.  This does a lot to reduce public outrage.

• Like 2
  • Administrator

This is a tragic, awful story and that little boy absolutely did not deserve to die.  I am not sure that we have all of the details yet and something about the story we've heard doesn't set entirely well with me.  Call it a hunch or intuition, I guess.

I really wonder what details about the situation will emerge in the weeks ahead.

• Like 2
On 8/15/2020 at 12:24 PM, gregintenn said:

Though 5 here in Nashville is polished, professional(most of the time) and really slick; they are in lock step with the lib media line. Getting called out on anything hurts their feelings. 

On 8/15/2020 at 12:19 PM, TomInMN said:

Lots of comments regarding how the media would be up in arms if this had been a black kid. But, I've seen a lot of "XX number of people shot and killed in Chicago last weekend" stories, and that's as far as they go. I'm sure some of those people have been little kids, but you don't see their name or their picture or anything else about the shooting. Just the total deaths for the weekend.

I'm sure we can all agree that the media are always doing a less-than-perfect job, just like all the rest of us. And, while more air time might help in some way to decrease the violence in a city like Chicago, I suspect that more exposure for this particular story isn't likely to prevent a lunatic from killing anyone in the future.

And typically it's black on black crime/shooting, again not the narrative. 

18 hours ago, TGO David said:

This is a tragic, awful story and that little boy absolutely did not deserve to die.  I am not sure that we have all of the details yet and something about the story we've heard doesn't set entirely well with me.  Call it a hunch or intuition, I guess.

I really wonder what details about the situation will emerge in the weeks ahead.

I'm sorry, there is nothing except a negligent discharge (and that would still tick me off) that would change how I feel about this.  There is no reason to target a child, of any color, that is just riding a bike.  If he had a beef with one of the parents, then it should have been taken up with them, not the child.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Omega said:

I'm sorry, there is nothing except a negligent discharge (and that would still tick me off) that would change how I feel about this.  There is no reason to target a child, of any color, that is just riding a bike.  If he had a beef with one of the parents, then it should have been taken up with them, not the child.  

Personally, I think anyone who kills a child of any color should have an expedited trip out back to be summarily executed in the most painful way,  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1