PSA: If you need mags, now may be the time

Erich

Some may have noticed that Brownell's has been down or very slow to respond. The reason is CA gun owners are hammering their server with a run on standard cap magazines.

If you have been putting off an order or were in need in the near future, now is the time to do this to avoid a supply problem down the road. Same occurred March 2019 and these freedom hungry CA gun owners bought out the US supply of high cap mags in within a couple days. Before COVID limited production, it only took a few weeks to replenish stock, but the wait will be longer this time around. And if the Dems win, a secondary run on ban scare will ensue.

Dont get caught with your pants down like those that were not stocked up on ammo.

Details here:

It's stuff like this that creates the problem. If you were planning on getting them... get them. If not, hold of till supply replenishes. 

However, if you just have to.. you also probably need to run to the store for milk, bread, and toilet paper RIGHT NOW! 😉

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Smith said:

It's stuff like this that creates the problem.

Exactly.  If you own a firearm and live in a free state then why in the hell do you not already have a reasonable amount of clips.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Ha. Different....but on the surface....

Not quite the same as 100 million+ folks in all states driven by mass media educed panic and thinking they need a lifetime supply.  That was selfish people buying more than their needs, or with the intent of reselling. A few 10's of thousands of CA gun owners though feel that way right now.

Intended for those that may not follow the politics or care about CA. If you can wait, you just don't need em anyway.  But if you just bought a gun and need a couple mags, good to know.

Unless one thinks a few here may be stacking mags to the ceiling to go with their TP collection 😛

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Erich said:

Ha. Different....but on the surface....

Not quite the same as 100 million+ folks in all states driven by mass media educed panic and thinking they need a lifetime supply.  That was selfish people buying more than their needs, or with the intent of reselling. A few 10's of thousands of CA gun owners though feel that way right now.

Intended for those that may not follow the politics or care about CA. If you can wait, you just don't need em anyway.  But if you just bought a gun and need a couple mags, good to know.

Unless one thinks a few here may be stacking mags to the ceiling to go with their TP collection 😛

I agree. The Californians NEED to be buying all they can get before the state tries to stop it again. Tennesseans could help by not drying up the supply lines unnecessarily. We're on the same page 😉

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Garufa said:

Exactly.  If you own a firearm and live in a free state then why in the hell do you not already have a reasonable amount of clips.

The problem there is assuming everyone who lives here has always lived here,  and that's glazing over your edit to pile on after Smith made the point. 

As someone who had to buy real mags over the last two years after escaping CA, I can say your thought is not valid for all. 

I can appreciate why so may have a limited perspective, but all good if it helps anyone who it was intended for.

I don't know about other folks, but when I buy a gun that uses magazines of any type, I almost immediately buy as many magazines as I think I may ever need. In some cases, I buy more than I need. I see no point in putting it off until later. 

However, in restricted states, like Cali,  I can certainly see a rush right now.  I don't blame those folks at all.  Now's their chance, go for it!

For the record: way back in 1994 when the assault rifle ban was still in talks, I saw the writing on the wall. At that time I only owned one "Hi-cap" firearm. A Browning Hi-Power. So I went ahead and ordered two spare mags before the rush I knew was coming hit. BTW: this was pre-internet sales and I ordered by phone. However, I was notified that there was already a waiting list. I got a confirmation letter on my order in a short time.  Three months later, I got another letter informing me that my order had been cancelled due to lack of inventory. :censored:

This is why I always make sure I have adequate magazines for all my firearms. ;) 

Extras. Spares. Greedy. Selfish.

Whatever. When I bought my first auto loader, way back in the dark ages; it had 2 mags with it.

First range trip...I saw the light. More time loading than shooting. This was not going to work for me.

I set a precedent then and there for myself. It wasn't going to be like that again.

The number I decided on isn't important. The decision to always buy and have that number on hand was.

Only in rare or circumstances where it just isn't  cost effective for my thinking, I have always followed that decision.

Some have laughed. But I got mags.

Do you?

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, hipower said:

Extras. Spares. Greedy. Selfish.

Whatever. When I bought my first auto loader, way back in the dark ages; it had 2 mags with it.

First range trip...I saw the light. More time loading than shooting. This was not going to work for me.

I set a precedent then and there for myself. It wasn't going to be like that again.

The number I decided on isn't important. The decision to always buy and have that number on hand was.

Only in rare or circumstances where it just isn't  cost effective for my thinking, I have always followed that decision.

Some have laughed. But I got mags.

Do you?

In a post about spares a while back, i posted that I tend to carry more than i think i will need.  Soooo, ya cant carry spares without mags, lol.  Like Hipower, i tend to stock up on mags when i first buy a new gun.  There have been exceptions, but thats what Ive mostly done.  That said, kinda wish i had more mags, lmao.

• Like 1

I've been adding 2x PMags to every order from PSA or Primary Arms since 2014.  But a new trigger, get two mags...rifle case, add two mags...ect.  While some may say there's no such thing as enough, I'm not worried about my own supply in the least.

All these people buying mags in California before the court order goes into effect (which isn't simultaneous with the ruling) are running the risk of having their sales records subpoenaed by the state. 

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 1

I'm actually really well set on mags. I'm pretty sure I have more than I will use in my lifetime. I have an entire box of PMAGS still in their wrappers. I figured if we ever have a magazine ban they will be worth a fortune. I pray that doesn't happen though. David has good advice though. If you don't have a bunch of mags for each gun, now is the time. 

• Like 1