Canik TP9 SA

Crowncrazy87

The Canik TP9 SA.... Looked at one of these several weeks back when my wife and I were looking for her a new handgun (she ended up with the XD-9 mod2 sub compact)... Well I really liked the feel of the trigger and just the overall feel of the Canik. I think it would be good to have a full sized semi auto on hand considering all I have currently is the XD mentioned above and my shield 2.0 EDC gun. Well I went back the other day and they still had it so I went ahead put it on layaway. In a few more weeks I will have it in hand. I have already seen ways to deactivate the decocker but is it really that big of a deal? Any other general feedback or things I should look out for on this particular firearm?

• Like 1

Never even use it. But that's just me. Whatever works best for you. Well, that may be a lie. I think I did use it a couple of times getting acquainted with the pistol. But not since that I can remember.

I guess you got a really good deal on the SA model since it's like the first gen of the Canik larger frame poylmer guns. Not a thing wrong with them as far as I'm concerned. I have several and find myself leaving the PPQ in the safe when I go out shooting.

Hope you get to like yours as much as I do mine.

Edited by hipower

That's a good price. Almost as low as when first hit the States some years ago. I got in on it when I saw an ad on a distributor sale. Thought the 229 was worth a try. And it sure was. The Canik line has rapidly become a favorite of mine and recently a lot of others have gotten into them. 

When you can, try the SF and SFX variants. Great pistols.

you guys are about to make me go in debt. I like the Caniks but my personal thing is to not buy a gun that I can't completely disassemble. The "take down" lever on these guns are very strange. Most guys that take them apart end up mauling or destroying the frame when it comes to the disassembly lever. 

• 1 month later...

I've owned a TP9SA for about 6/7 years. Love this gun. Thousands of rounds and never a mis-feed of any kind. I don't carry it, so the de-cocker has never been a concern. A note: if you chamber a round and de-cock it, it only takes a slight press-check to cock it. I had it chambered and de-cocked, attached to a magnet holder bedside. I inadvertently knocked it off of the magnet and it hit the carpet, muzzle-down. That alone, cocked it.