2020 will be a record year!!

bersaguy

5 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Agreed. But its going to be a mess no matter which way it goes. If Trump wins, it will be voter fraud; even though they claim there is no evidence of it happening in the past (That’s laughable).

If Biden wins; same thing. Especially if a lot of states require that people go to the polls to vote.

Unless something changes there are several states saying they will have mail in voting. I suspect that will cause a very long delay in determining who won.

I’m tickled at the number of people that say Trump will refuse to leave office. Just as I was when the tin foil hats on the right said it about Obama. How soon we forget. Lets also not forget how many people wanted to impeach Obama because they didn’t like him.

If there is a question about the election it will be decided by Congress and ultimately be answered by the SCOTUS. If that is required, I would guess they will stop everything and make that decision immediately. Then whoever they say…will be in the White House.

Yep, I was talking with my GF about this yesterday. She has a friend in Washington state, and some local friends in TN that were making this claim. I don't watch TV so not sure where they are getting that from but I would suspect it's coming from there; late night "comedy" "news" shows, mainstream media, and the rest, or content from these sources are bleeding into their social media. Regardless of where they are getting the idea from, they are absolutely convinced this will happen.

It's pretty sick how mainstream some conspiracy theories have become. Once upon a time the media would scoff at conspiracy theories. Now they embrace them, and perpetuate some of their own. It's pretty dangerous too, considering how much credibility MSM still has. 

51 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

You have your haters everywhere.

I went through boot camp (in August!) and MR school in San Diego. They treated us pretty good. Of course it is, or was, a Navy city.

I went through MCRD San Diego, but we didn't interact with civilians off base so I cannot judge from that. I was stationed at 29 Stumps, and spent time visiting Long Beach & LA. The attitude around those areas were quite prevalent.

39 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Every story needs a bad guy, I guess.

I find the most interesting criticism of California comes from within the state itself.  I mean, if we really look at the states as a collection of experiments within the nation - California is a unique data point.

I'm glad I don't live there.

With Covid prompting a lot of remote work - and housing being so expensive on the coast and around the Bay Area - you're likely to see a lot of Californians moving to places that offer a better cost of living.  When you think about it - you can buy a 1 bedroom/1 bath mason block former married officers barracks for about $1.5M.  Think what that will get you in Memphis or Chattanooga or Nashville?

When I lived in Lavergne I had a one-story house that was 1,633 SqFt that cost me $175,000 in 2005. When I went to San Francisco in 2007 I took a trolley tour. The tour guide pointed out an apartment that was 1,500 SqFt and bragged that it cost $6,500,000.00! I knew then they were beyond nucking futs!

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

If there is a question about the election it will be decided by Congress and ultimately be answered by the SCOTUS. If that is required, I would guess they will stop everything and make that decision immediately. Then whoever they say…will be in the White House.

All they have to do is delay the votes ( mail in ballots ) until Jan. 20. and this will take place.  You have to remember who has control of Congress and worry about which way Roberts will flop in SCOTUS.  Just about everything in SCOTUS is decided by a 5 to 4 vote and Roberts does not like Trump.

Mark Levin last night was saying the the DNC has 600 attorneys ready to litigate the results of the election, most of whom have volunteered their services. 

Edited by xsubsailor
14 minutes ago, crake said:

Yep, I was talking with my GF about this yesterday. She has a friend in Washington state, and some local friends in TN that were making this claim. I don't watch TV so not sure where they are getting that from but I would suspect it's coming from there; late night "comedy" "news" shows, mainstream media, and the rest, or content from these sources are bleeding into their social media. Regardless of where they are getting the idea from, they are absolutely convinced this will happen.

It's pretty sick how mainstream some conspiracy theories have become. Once upon a time the media would scoff at conspiracy theories. Now they embrace them, and perpetuate some of their own. It's pretty dangerous too, considering how much credibility MSM still has. 

That's because it increases advertising revenue.

14 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

That's because it increases advertising revenue.

I get that but it also says something about their audience and therefore our culture. I think what you highlighted is a symptom of the disease but not the cause of the disease. The symptom is also making the condition of our culture worse and worse, sort of like a brain disease may cause someone to neglect proper nutrition, or hygiene, or increase stress or something which is causing the immune system to suffer, furthering the illness and making the person more sick. Not sure how else to put that (not a Doctor so don't be too harsh with my silly analogy), but that's the way I see it. 

Edited by crake
19 minutes ago, xsubsailor said:

You have to remember who has control of Congress

In this partisan era, it is a reasonable assumption, at least to start, that the vast majority of members would vote along party lines. That in mind, let's look at who has the majority in each state.

The GOP held a decided 32-17 edge in control of these state congressional delegations prior to the 2018 midterms. With Democratic gains in that election, the Republican edge narrowed to 26-22. In 2019, Michigan Republican Justin Amash became an independent, breaking that state's tie.  As a result the current split is 26-23, with one tie (Pennsylvania).

What about after the 2020 House elections? As noted earlier, it is the new House, seated in January, 2021 that would be voting. We have a new feature for that, called 'State View', that is associated with the House Interactive Map. Try it out for the 2020 Consensus by clicking or tapping the image below.

https://www.270towin.com/content/electoral-college-ties/

If Trump gets re-elected lets hope and pray that The House turns Red in November and the Senate remains Red and maybe this time Trump will be able to focus on the country and the peoples needs instead for fighting the House Democrats every day about something!!! ....JMHO

• Like 2
3 hours ago, crake said:

t's pretty sick how mainstream some conspiracy theories have become. Once upon a time the media would scoff at conspiracy theories. Now they embrace them, and perpetuate some of their own. It's pretty dangerous too, considering how much credibility MSM still has. 

I see far more "conspiracy theories" started from Conservative media then repeated on this forum. Trump himself loves to do this. The latest is the Kamala birther issue.

A few weeks ago the media was predicting Trump would try to delay the election and Conservatives freaked out, fake news etc. Not long after that Trump actually sends out a tweet suggesting we should delay the election 😅 . Of course he was immediately condemned by both the left and the right. So it turns out their "conspiracy theory" wasn't that crazy after all. 

There is plenty of B.S to go around on both sides. 

As Trump suggests delaying election, White House condemns Hong ...

Edited by Erik88
typo
  • Like 1
32 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I see far more "conspiracy theories" started from Conservative media then repeated on this forum. Trump himself loves to do this. The latest is the Kamala birther issue.

A few weeks ago the media was predicting Trump would try to delay the election and Conservatives freaked out, fake news etc. Not long after that Trump actually sends out a tweet suggesting we should delay the election 😅 . Of course he was immediacy condemned by both the left and the right. So it turns out their "conspiracy theory" wasn't that crazy after all. 

There is plenty of B.S to go around on both sides. 

As Trump suggests delaying election, White House condemns Hong ...

I could probably say the same if I spent more time on reddit or the democratic underground, or the comment sections of various Alt-Left "news" outlets. Not really a surprise given the demographics at play. This really doesn't take anything away from my quote, btw.

The watchemen, the journalist, the reporters, the "news" companies have a responsibility because they, together, wield so much power. Instead most of them have taken truthfulness, accuracy, objectivity, impartiality, and fairness to the chopping block, and replaced them with lies, inaccuracy, subjectivity, bias, and ruthlessness towards their opponents.

I voted for Trump because I saw the "news comedians" and the mainstream media all turn on him, instantly. If it wasn't orchestrated, it sure looked like it was. Trump for me was a giant middle finger to all of those people that believe they run the show. The same people that one day will demand I show them the location of my boating accident so they may seize my property (guns), or tell me I need a background check for ammo, or cannot reload ammo anymore, etc, and on forever. I'm tired of my culture being under assault.

We can coexist but not the way things are headed. The Alt-Left's little heads are being filled with garbage making them incompatible with the rest of the free world. 

Edited by crake
  • Like 1

Honestly, both ends of the spectrum are full of complete wackadoos and lying cheats. The Democrats are too soft. Republicans barely stand for Republican or American ideals anymore. Just a trainwreck. Until we can start getting more 3rd party candidates support...we're going to stay screwed. Like him or not, Trump made a huge impact on this world. He showed the world just how divisive the United States actually is and openly encourages unhealthy hate and debate to further the political agenda of those whispering in his ear--because let's face it, the policies he's putting forth aren't his. The man just doesn't have it. He does make a good mouth though--and inexplicably scapegoat and fall guy when things go wrong. That's Trump's real strength. 

6 hours ago, VolunteerJeff106 said:

Honestly, both ends of the spectrum are full of complete wackadoos and lying cheats. The Democrats are too soft. Republicans barely stand for Republican or American ideals anymore. Just a trainwreck. Until we can start getting more 3rd party candidates support...we're going to stay screwed. Like him or not, Trump made a huge impact on this world. He showed the world just how divisive the United States actually is and openly encourages unhealthy hate and debate to further the political agenda of those whispering in his ear--because let's face it, the policies he's putting forth aren't his. The man just doesn't have it. He does make a good mouth though--and inexplicably scapegoat and fall guy when things go wrong. That's Trump's real strength. 

I agree with the first part in bold. 

I'd like to know what you mean by unhealthy hate and unhealthy debate.

Who the hell is whispering in his ear?

I believed presidents were fall guys before Trump was elected. When I saw the media unite against him, I knew he was a true "maverick". When he won it gave me faith that the system, despite its flaws, still works. 

I included "maverick" above because I will never forget how the media tried to paint McCain as a "maverick" lol. What a bold and pathetic JOKE! People eat that crap up though, and that's why our country is so screwed. 

Edited by crake

In a candid moment, "Biden's" wholesomeness and playfulness was captured for the world to enjoy. -CNN if the roles were reversed

Media networks and fact checkers soon: Fact check false! Autographs sold for 8,000 not 10,000 as stated by the president. The lying, liar is at it again. Spreading false hopes and misery to the right-wing extremists, terrorist chumps, and allies. Trump radicalized at least 7 more children before rampaging away from the scene for the day. 

Edited by crake