Do they make scope rings this low?

Capbyrd

Does any one know if they make scope rings this low?  

50266599493_7a43469db0_b.jpg

If I can't get rings low enough then I'm thinking about just getting some zip ties and adding a wood wedge between the scope and the rail for an added few MOA of cant.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
2 minutes ago, TomInMN said:

Looks like a 30mm tube? And you're using that rail for elevation, right? (You wouldn't change to thinner bases?)

What is that height? A quick look shows about 0.82" to scope center is about as thin as you'll get.

34mm tube.    That's the factory scope base and yes it is a 20 moa base.   My new rings have already been ordered (.885) and should arrive in a few days.  

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Capbyrd said:

If I can't get rings low enough then I'm thinking about just getting some zip ties and adding a wood wedge between the scope and the rail for an added few MOA of cant.  

Alternately, you could wrap a drill in really coarse sand paper and hog out the bottom ring, then fill the top with JB Weld...

• Like 3
1 hour ago, TomInMN said:

Alternately, you could wrap a drill in really coarse sand paper and hog out the bottom ring, then fill the top with JB Weld...

Now see, that requires money.  I already have zip ties on hand.  No money involved. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

1 hour ago, TomInMN said:

What kind of jack-leg hicks are you guys?    A real gun guy knows to use the Gorilla brand duct tape.   

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Trekbike said:

What kind of jack-leg hicks are you guys?    A real gun guy knows to use the Gorilla brand duct tape.   

I've been told that my Chinese scope isn't good for anything so why would I waste my good tape on it? 

33 minutes ago, Grunt67 said:

LOL, well, I saw that after I enlarged it. Reason I asked, was because of recoil vs, plastic wire ties.

I think the plastic will hold up to 6.5 okay.   I'd definitely have to use metal ties if it was going on a magnum caliber. 

1 minute ago, Capbyrd said:

Everyone knows that scopes work best the closer they are to the bore.   I've been thinking about shaving some more off the top to get even lower.  

Start around 200 thousandths off the top of the barrel to fit the bell. Don't worry if you get into the bore, that's just early porting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, TomInMN said:

Start around 200 thousandths off the top of the barrel to fit the bell. Don't worry if you get into the bore, that's just early porting.

dual purpose.   scope clearancing and recoil mitigation. 

• Like 1