Trade M1 Garand for Ruger Precision in 6.5 Creedmoor

Omega

Looking at past M1 sales ads, here and elsewhere, I am reluctantly looking to see if there is any interest in a trade for mine.  But, I'd like a specific trade, I am interested in a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor, this is to both get someone a great deal on an M1 who may not have any funds, and to reduce the chance that this deal happens.  Yea, I know how that sounds.  I only have a few pics, don't recall why I took these, but can take more if there is interest.  This was not a CMP weapon as far as I know, so no grading or sn matching etc has been done, but am willing to let you inspect it for suitability or ask for me to check any numbers it may have.

Since I believe this is worth more than a brand new Ruger, I'd like for yours to have some glass on it, and maybe even some ammo, or at least some brass.  No cash in either direction, just one for one.  I will include any M1 related stuff I have, though I will have to search it out to see what I have, I know I have at least some clips for it, 1 full one for sure, and maybe a manual if I recall correctly.  I am willing to meet somewhere halfway, but the furthest I'd like to go is Nashville, so around 40 miles or so in any direction from Clarksville.

To make this fair, and of course to give me the best deal possible, I will make a trade for whomever has the best trade offer.  And, again since this is a reluctant trade, I think I will only leave this up for a limited time, let's say around 30 days or so, at least until the end of Sep, but may close it early if I get an acceptable trade, or if I change my mind before I get that deal.  Feel free to post here, or make an offer in a PM since this is not a first come first serve kind of thing.

56744123_M1SN.thumb.jpg.9df03460f6dca16c7fe1a4f03506bb75.jpg

1426498758_M1Action.jpg.e41786c6752153acfbafa1165f166df6.jpg

587397338_M1Action2.jpg.ad24c123abf0404550c3d3fec267a8d1.jpg

2082092421_M1Stock.jpg.f086d899949fb2f6c1b5b8e9f05bc4b0.jpg

969820525_Oprod-Barrel.jpg.359bdcc384b715a8a9fb723a441b3ad7.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, jeremy67A said:

Any idea what year it was made? Also is calibre original .30-06? Not that it matters, just seen a lot that have been rebarreled .308 thx, J.

Not sure on date, I think it's 44'-45', but doubt it has seen service.  Pretty sure it's 30-06, and don't think it has been rebarreled, but now you have me second guessing myself, I'll check to make sure it is 30-06.

9 minutes ago, Omega said:

Not sure on date, I think it's 44'-45', but doubt it has seen service.  Pretty sure it's 30-06, and don't think it has been rebarreled, but now you have me second guessing myself, I'll check to make sure it is 30-06.

You're telling us you haven't shot it?:o

I barely got out of the truck when I got home with mine before I shot it.

18 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

You're telling us you haven't shot it?:o

I barely got out of the truck when I got home with mine before I shot it.

So, the short of it was that a troop needed some cash, and I decided to hold it for him, but that was 23 years ago.  I had another one, and a few other rifles so this one never got into the rotation.  

53 minutes ago, Omega said:

The 3.74M serial number indicates May, 1945 manufacture. If the OP can pull the operating rod back and tell us what’s stamped on the side of the barrel, or better yet post a photo, that would help.

Nice looking Garand. 

7 minutes ago, Omega said:

Ok, it is a 30-06, it drops right into the chamber.  I took a pic of the barrel markings, can't really tell what it means though, thought it would say 30-06 or something but no, it says something like HPA- (Looks like upside down J)-51, then there is a P closer to the end of the chamber area.

It is a Harrington Richardson (HRA) barrel made September 1951.  USGI and perfectly normal for an M1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived