Heart broken!!

bersaguy

I just wanted to write and let folks know I lost Darby on Monday and had to have her laid to rest due to Kidney failure and a Liver issue. It broke my heart but I was not going to have her suffer. She took the trip to the Rainbow Bridge at 1:30 pm on Monday and I was prepared this time. I learned my lesson last time when I had many friends from here help me have Kasey Cremated. When I adopted Darby I began a savings account to have her cremated if the time ever came to need it. I should have her back home in about 5-7 more days and she will be put up on TV console next to Kasey. My house is empty except for me and all my friends and family have already told me to adopt another but I'm not sure yet. I'm considering my age in it this time. I'm 72 and I will have to make sure if I have another one that should I pass away that there will be a family member or friend willing to care for my pet. I am not  leaving anything out of future care just in case. 

DSCF2448.JPG

Edited by GlockSpock
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 11

Sorry to hear this, but you should be proud you didn't let her suffer. I think its admirable that you are leery of adopting another because of your age (Im right behind you, BTW), but having said that, I recommend you talk to family really soon and see if they will take care of your next, should you pass first, then if they will, go get you another friend!  I've always wanted to adopt an older dog, myself, but have not been able to do that yet.  I kinda inherited a pit bull 7 month old puppy a while back, pit bull of all things ( I hate pit bulls, lol) !  But she's become a real family member now and I cant imagine not having her here now.  So sweet AND SO LOVING. These kinds of friends bring an enrichment like no other to our lives if we let them.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am really sorry to hear this.  I followed your posts about Darby and really enjoyed all the milestones as she trained you in her new home.  I really hope you can arrange some agreement with family/friends and get another companion.  There is one out there that needs a good home and I know you will provide it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, tacops said:

I am really sorry to hear this.  I followed your posts about Darby and really enjoyed all the milestones as she trained you in her new home.  I really hope you can arrange some agreement with family/friends and get another companion.  There is one out there that needs a good home and I know you will provide it.

Yes for sure!! She was a great teacher and trained me well.....lol. I was hoping she would out live me but it didn't happen and it broke my heart to lose her but I have always said I will do my best to not allow them to suffer regardless of how bad I know it's going to hurt me!!!  My Daughter and Tommy have already promised me they will care for it I get another room mate. I'm just not even looking yet and won't till Darby is back home next to Kasey on the TV console. 

I thought at one time we had a husband and wife that operated a Dog Rescue Center but I have not seen them on here for sometime.

• Like 2

Sorry for your loss, I know just how you feel. My wife and I have had three pass on over the years the last one was the hardest for me he was just two years old when I had to put him down. We both sat and pondered about getting another one we just couldn't stand to come home to an empty house so we got another one and it was the best thing we could have done. I know how you feel they are like one of your kids and some people just don't understand that. You'll know when it's time to get another just give yourself time to think about it. Take care.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
17 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I just wanted to write and let folks know I lost Darby on Monday and had to have her laid to rest due to Kidney failure and a Liver issue. It broke my heart but I was not going to have her suffer. She took the trip to the Rainbow Bridge at 1:30 pm on Monday and I was prepared this time. I learned my lesson last time when I had many friends from here help me have Kasey Cremated. When I adopted Darby I began a savings account to have her cremated if the time ever came to need it. I should have her back home in about 5-7 more days and she will be put up on TV console next to Kasey. My house is empty except for me and all my friends and family have already told me to adopt another but I'm not sure yet. I'm considering my age in it this time. I'm 72 and I will have to make sure if I have another one that should I pass away that there will be a family member or friend willing to care for my pet. I am not  leaving anything out of future care just in case. 

DSCF2448.JPG

I'm so sorry!

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Oh man, I’m sorry to hear this.  

You often hear that nobody will love you quite as fully as a dog. But, I’d say both of your dogs have gotten pretty lucky, too. 

They say a dogs love for a person is unconditional, well that goes both ways with me. I have loved all of my best friends equally as much! I have had dogs since I was 6 years old and now I am at a crossroad in my life on trying to decide if I am too old to have another. I am wrestling with it and just can't decide!!